Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Andrew25

Just as a reminder, a necessary part of this expansion is the Kirkman Road extension that will include bus lanes for UOR hotels to connect to Epic. While not technically required, it is needed to reduce traffic congestion in the area.

Rich Brownn

I feel like a lot of the inner-workings of the attractions themselves are mostly done. I'm probably way off, but with the coasters at least testing already - i have a gut feeling that some of the dark rides are already pretty far along too. Again, maybe I'm off.
One of my former co-workers told me she'd been assign to T&A (Test and Adjust you dirty minded people - lol) for one of the dark rides (she wouldn't tell me which one) so at least one ride is already functional.

TalkToEthan

Because of Diagon Alley Universal got me to do one or two things I would have absolutely never done: watch a Potter movie(HATED IT!) and very recently How To Train Your Dragon(pretty much hated that, too)

Can’t wait for this park…….it’s going to change the game with its over the top place settings.

trr1

You know what I can respect Rango on that list
this one?
1723233678766.png

TalkToEthan

Yes, that one…… the only animated movie I have ever enjoyed(as an adult of course).

Based on strong reviews and more importantly it looking to be a spectacular land at Epic against my better judgement I put in for “How To Train Your Dragon” and as expected animated/kid movies interest me…..more or less never.

Last edited:

sedati

I had been excited when I heard we were getting a version of the Indonimous chase from China, but feel it will be half as effective when seen from inside a box.
Guess I don't have to wonder as we're not getting this sequence, or at least not with the physical chase as seen in China.

I do wonder what kind of motion this will have. I think up and down will be utilized, but can't imagine it being too crazy. Star Tours has us facing a fixed point. Here we'll be set up sideways and offered a much wider field of view. The motion of such a box means those on the sides will feel a lot more motion than those in the center. I think it's going to be more mild in its movements- more like Soarin'. Especially with the minimal restraints.

Still excited for this attraction and the park as a whole, but I feel every bit of news about Epic starting with the initial concept art has lowered my expectations. This is the curse of following rumors however and I accept that.

Expectations managed.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Last edited:

cheezbat

Which do you think will be superior? From what I understand these will both be “best in the world” contenders.
As much as I love the Monsters concept and getting to see a new version of the Kuka Robocoaster in action, I think the Potter Ministry ride will probably be even more impressive. They are throwing so much at this ride…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom