Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

tissandtully

Yeah, the only places that felt premium in the video was that the restaurants had seemingly healthier choices than other Universal stuff and the rooftop bar (the latter being the only place that had theming), the pool looked unimpressive, the theming looked like current disney (or if you want a better comparison, the Marriottcore stuff) and aside from the iPads in the rooms, it doesn't seem that luxurious. Not having Express pass is also a dealbreaker as it will probably cost a arm and a leg for a night.

Paid parking was one of the few fees that Iger and D'Amaro eliminated when Iger took the reigns again. And with the hotel woes disney is experiencing at the moment, it will probably not return.
I'd say Universal ran out of room for parking because it' basically nonexistent at Hard Rock, but they had enough land to build enough, so they really just getting that crazy daily parking fee here out of pure greed.

Padraig

The Cabana Bay courtyard pool is 4.5 feet deep.
So is what feels like 20sqft of Hard Rock’s. I know because I felt that my entire time there this summer was spent shuffling towards it. And I’m not a tall guy. Slide was fantastic though.

I have to say, I’m kinda stunned by what we saw of the room. It’s what I’d imagined for the other two hotels. I liked what little I saw of the kids suites though. But again, 14 of them? We’ve stayed in the HR equivalent a few times, and there always seems to be quite a demand for their low numbers.

Hugely underwhelming overall.

tissandtully

So is what feels like 20sqft of Hard Rock’s. I know because I felt that my entire time there this summer was spent shuffling towards it. And I’m not a tall guy. Slide was fantastic though.

I have to say, I’m kinda stunned by what we saw of the room. It’s what I’d imagined for the other two hotels. I liked what little I saw of the kids suites though. But again, 14 of them? We’ve stayed in the HR equivalent a few times, and there always seems to be quite a demand for their low numbers.

Hugely underwhelming overall.
yeah Hard Rock pool is laughably shallow compared to a Disney pool, the renderings from what's in the press release and what's in the video are different too for Helios, the video one shows a really shallow pool, the rendering in the press release looks a bit deeper, so who knows what's going on

Padraig

yeah Hard Rock pool is laughably shallow compared to a Disney pool, the renderings from what's in the press release and what's in the video are different too for Helios, the video one shows a really shallow pool, the rendering in the press release looks a bit deeper, so who knows what's going on

We also stayed in BCV for our first week. First time in the pool at SAB, I hopped into the lazy river. I knew the depth ratings, but didn’t realise where I was going in. Feet (multiple) of water above my head. The contrast was in my mind quite a bit in HR.

lewisc

there will be no express for the entire park for a while, I’m not sure why you’d think resort guests would be entitled to it.
I never said they were entitled to express. I was wondering what kind of exclusive perks.
Early entry? Exclusive souvenirs?

The type of extras will help determine what kind of price premium the hotel will be able to charge.

Sapphire Falls and Royal Pacific are very similar, excluding express

Wendy Pleakley

Could staying in the hotel entitle a guest to unrestricted admission to Epic? Not being tied to the 1 out of 3 days admission or whatever it was?

I don't recall if anything has been said about that restriction being lifted for guests of that particular hotel.

DarkMetroid567

there will be no express for the entire park for a while, I’m not sure why you’d think resort guests would be entitled to it.
Because the comparable resorts at similar price points have had USF/IoA Express for years. Not that hard to understand.
I never said they were entitled to express. I was wondering what kind of exclusive perks.
Early entry? Exclusive souvenirs?

The type of extras will help determine what kind of price premium the hotel will be able to charge.

Sapphire Falls and Royal Pacific are very similar, excluding express
Early entry to Epic is confirmed!

Scuttle

These are the most boring looking rooms for this price range, wow. Also Universal is keeping its 3ft deep pool rule I see. Nothing like walking on your knees in the middle of the Hard Rock pool so your waist is at least in the water.
Agreed, the shallow pool thing is getting ridiculous. What’s the point of having multiple lifeguards on duty!?

surfsupdon

I agree. I initially expected this to be at the Portofino level. It definitely is not.

We will stick with a hotel with Express and a walkway to two of the three parks and CityWalk. Happy to ride a bus the one day they let us into EU.
Agree fully! I’d rather Royal, Hard Rock, Portofino, Aventura, Cabana, Saphire, Helios in that order!!!

Premiers with express pass first, then el cheap is close to parks, then Helios bc I’m sure it’s expensive but no water slide but an extra hr only as a perk lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom