Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

bwr827

I must have missed it. when did Universal announce room rates for Helios?
They have not yet announced rates. People are just speculating.

Also: on a Universal forum, folks are pointing out that the Unlimited Express that comes with the top three hotels is based on an old contract with Loews and unlikely to involve Epic nor Helios.

If true, that’s a major loss of a Universal hotel perk.

lewisc

They have not yet announced rates. People are just speculating.

Also: on a Universal forum, folks are pointing out that the Unlimited Express that comes with the top three hotels is based on an old contract with Loews and unlikely to involve Epic nor Helios.

If true, that’s a major loss of a Universal hotel perk.
It makes a lot of sense. Hotel Express pass predates the extensive selling of express passes. Sapphire doesn’t offer express passes. Volcano Bay doesn’t offer any hotel express passes.

The internal charge to add hotel express passes would probably be.$$$.

tissandtully

It makes a lot of sense. Hotel Express pass predates the extensive selling of express passes. Sapphire doesn’t offer express passes. Volcano Bay doesn’t offer any hotel express passes.

The internal charge to add hotel express passes would probably be.$$$.
Not really the point, if the price tier for this hotel doesn't include UE it's not really worth choosing it over the ones that still do unless there's a really good perk the others don't have, which it seems like they are just thinking it's "location location location" with this one.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Don't worry about pool slides. Your Epic Universe park ticket will automatically* include access to Volcano Bay... for the extra price of a Volcano Bay add-on.

*and inseparably

djlaosc

But even 500 rooms multiplied by 4 per room on average is only 2000 people in the park (assuming ALL 2000 entered the park, and no one goes to any other park).

I’d say give Helios free unlimited express pass and raise the rates by $200/night for that perk.

Exactly - how many more staff member's would it take to be able to run Helios-exclusive express pass for the up to 2000 guests staying there at one time? If they were worried about capacity, just make it useable once on each ride per day.

HairyLegPirate

Exactly - how many more staff member's would it take to be able to run Helios-exclusive express pass for the up to 2000 guests staying there at one time? If they were worried about capacity, just make it useable once on each ride per day.
It's almost certainly not about staff or pricing - I'm sure Express will get added eventually as a benefit for Helios eventually. But for the first new major theme park in Orlando in 25+ years, I'm willing to bet Universal isn't going to have Express at all for the first few years of operation. They're going to be prioritizing guest experience to try and make sure they are sending their guests and critics home preaching about how great the park is and how it is the new gold standard for theme parks. Part of that means making sure the park is running as efficiently as possible, which is going to be a lot easier for a brand new park to figure out when each attraction has just one queue before adding the capacity variable that is Express. Beyond that, keeping all guests on relatively equal footing when it comes to how they experience the park, particularly in its early days, helps minimize the sort of "pay to play" negative press that surrounds much of the Disney experience these days.

An early park entry gives Helios guests enough of a benefit to make it feel like they're getting something for their money while not at nearly the same expense to the average park guest experience that Express would have.

WDWFREAK53

It's almost certainly not about staff or pricing - I'm sure Express will get added eventually as a benefit for Helios eventually. But for the first new major theme park in Orlando in 25+ years, I'm willing to bet Universal isn't going to have Express at all for the first few years of operation. They're going to be prioritizing guest experience to try and make sure they are sending their guests and critics home preaching about how great the park is and how it is the new gold standard for theme parks. Part of that means making sure the park is running as efficiently as possible, which is going to be a lot easier for a brand new park to figure out when each attraction has just one queue before adding the capacity variable that is Express. Beyond that, keeping all guests on relatively equal footing when it comes to how they experience the park, particularly in its early days, helps minimize the sort of "pay to play" negative press that surrounds much of the Disney experience these days.

An early park entry gives Helios guests enough of a benefit to make it feel like they're getting something for their money while not at nearly the same expense to the average park guest experience that Express would have.
Exactly. With the resort having it's own park entrance, those guests will get into the park quicker and get to the attractions they want the most before anybody else gets in.

trr1

looks like a new tier system for hotels at Universal ( from the website)
signature collection
Portofino Bay, Hard Rock, Royal Pacific.Sapphire Falls, and Helio's Grand Hotel
Prime Value
Adventura, Stella Nova, Terra Luna
Value inns and suites
Cabana Bay, Endless Summer Resort - Surfside Inn and Suites, Endless Summer Resort - Dockside Inn and Suites

rd805

Exactly. With the resort having it's own park entrance, those guests will get into the park quicker and get to the attractions they want the most before anybody else gets in.

It's not a "good enough" perk for me as of yet -- i'm really hoping there is something we are missing coming along! I REALLY want to stay here and with the expected $$ value, some exclusive perks seem necessary. Here's to hoping for being able to go to Epic as many days as the hotel stay is? MAYBE!? Let's go Uni, hook us up!

ThemeParkTraveller

Overall, the interior of Helios feels a bit too stark and minimalist for my taste, especially for a themed deluxe hotel. I was hoping for more of a gold color scheme to better align with the sun theme. The only space that truly impressed me with its theming was Bar Helios, with its ceiling painted with constellations.

lewisc

Nothing specific but wouldn't make sense to offer that perk that they have had for years and years and is huge perk on why people book top end hotels.
Posted information on Universals site says Helios guests won't get Express.

A poster cited a Universal forum, FWIW, said contractually Universal agreed with Loews to offer hotel express to the first 3 hotels. Universal is not willing to offer it to other hotels; including Sapphire and Helios.

sedati

Looks like almost the entire budget went into the bars.

Aside from it's prominence, this hotel defies any attempt to hide its real-world scale.

In fact, Helios goes even further in the opposite direction. Look at the Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel Paris, and Mira Costa. While not at proper theme park scale, they do at least mask this by scaling down the upper floors by using smaller windows.

1724475150024.png

1724475241891.png

1724475289389.png

Compare that to Helios where the windows actually start off small and get larger and larger as you climb.

1724475562966.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom