Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Kamikaze

The video builds to a crescendo - first points are not the main points. And they’re good ones regardless.

There’s a reason the video doesn’t start with the e-ticket ride and show, and finish with “oh yeah also wands.”
Never said otherwise. I said the 'first selling points'.

JT3000

Whats dishonest? They are literally the first two things they talk about in the video.
Which means absolutely nothing.

Never said otherwise. I said the 'first selling points'.
You called them "primary selling points," when you know full well they aren't. I don't know why you even felt the need to compare this to what Disney's doing, but the fact that you arbitrarily focused on two obviously peripheral experiences to make up the basis of your comparison is pretty telling, in and of itself, isn't it?

WDWFREAK53

Which is incredibly sad.
Right! This isn't so much, "There are so many rides" moreso than "How do those parks ONLY have that many rides?"
The days of building a "Fantasyland" are over.

Even New Fantasyland managed to add 2 rides, an extensive meet n greet/show, and a table-service restaurant.
As far as numbers go, that seems more than any "full" lands they've built lately.

But, for an opening day lineup, Epic Universe seems to be just fine.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Yes, but the park overall will have about the same number of rides as Magic Kingdom had at it's opening, and more rides than either Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom have now.
Magic Kingdom has 24 rides. Epic will 11 when it opens. It'll have the same amount as Epcot. Definitely more than DHS and DAK, but not as many as MK. I'm sure the park overall will probably be fine rides wise I just think Harry Potter needs an e ticket and c or d ticket along with it. Although doesn't diagon Alley only have one ride too?

WDWFREAK53

Magic Kingdom has 24 rides. Epic will 11 when it opens. It'll have the same amount as Epcot. Definitely more than DHS and DAK, but not as many as MK. I'm sure the park overall will probably be fine rides wise I just think Harry Potter needs an e ticket and c or d ticket along with it. Although doesn't diagon Alley only have one ride too?
I believe MK had 15 "rides" when the park opened. But some of those were the Main Street Vehicles and Keelboats.

Mike S

Right! This isn't so much, "There are so many rides" moreso than "How do those parks ONLY have that many rides?"
The days of building a "Fantasyland" are over.

Even New Fantasyland managed to add 2 rides, an extensive meet n greet/show, and a table-service restaurant.
As far as numbers go, that seems more than any "full" lands they've built lately.

But, for an opening day lineup, Epic Universe seems to be just fine.
New Fantasyland replaced Snow White with Seven Dwarfs and finally gave us a new ride where 20K used to be. It brought the land back to a previous number.

WDWFREAK53

New Fantasyland replaced Snow White with Seven Dwarfs and finally gave us a new ride where 20K used to be. It brought the land back to a previous number.
Correct but those weren't just overlays or replacing existing layouts. That was a new land. Complete ground-up build.
I'm not saying it added much capacity, but as a new "area of an existing land" it added more than most new complete lands.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

It wouldn't be my expectation that a new park opens with the same number of rides that a park that has been around for 50 years has.

Diagon sort of has 1 1/2 rides if you include the Hogwarts Express.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
It wouldn't be my expectation that a new park opens with the same number of rides that a park that has been around for 50 years has.

Diagon sort of has 1 1/2 rides if you include the Hogwarts Express.
I just realized you put "at its opening" 🤦‍♂️. I am dumb. 😑
I wouldn't really consider the Hogwarts Express a ride, if it is than should we say the monorail is a ride? I wouldn't say that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom