Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Epcot81Fan

Whatever, Disney has this:

1722561846578.jpeg

wdwfan4ver

Why wasn't Pokemon considered for this new park, I get it that it was rumored for Studios for a while, but Pokemon is way more beloved than this overrated franchise that has its author getting recent backlash and with good reason
I am not going into Harry Potter outside of saying Potter was going to EU not matter what due to Universal wanted Potter Lands in the 3 theme parks USO has. Sorry, but I do not count Volcano Bay as a theme park unlike Universal due it actually being a water park.

As Far as Pokemon goes, there are 3 possible reasons for why not Epic Universe.

The first reason is the Pokemon agreement with Universal happened in 2021 for Japan and Construction already was happening for Epic Universe at that point. Before 2021, Pokemon was not part of any Nintendo agreements with Universal at all due to Pokemon being owned by the Pokemon Company despite Nintendo and Pokemon having a very close relationship.

The 2nd reason Universal wants Nintendo connected IP to be in IOA and USF besides Epic Universe. Universal wants the most popular Nintendo IPS in those 3 gates.

The 3rd reason is Pokemon may not been considered for EU even if that Pokemon Company agreement happened much sooner due to the Franchises in Super Nintendo World are connected to Mario. Mario is Nintendo's Mascot for decades.

lazyboy97o

The first reason is the Pokemon agreement with Universal happened in 2021 for Japan and Construction already was happening for Epic Universe at that point. Before 2021, Pokemon was not part of any Nintendo agreements with Universal at all due to Pokemon being owned by the Pokemon Company despite Nintendo and Pokemon having a very close relationship.
Pokémon concepts were in development well before 2021.

sedati

1722577271667.png

1722577786872.png

1722579003273.png

I'd love to see a crowd flow analysis for this land. The center area looks like an instant bottle neck with the tent/show entrance, especially as it leads to the parks headliner attraction on the left which also exits on the left onto the very same street. The show holds 642 people and what is that place going to be like when it gets out. Oddly, the right side at least has options for crowd flow with the alternate back alley area. The center to left just seems like a logistical nightmare especially when you add in butterbeer carts and interactive windows.

The streets do look fairly wide- wider at the other lands, but the center point seems poorly conceived. Exiting Hogwarts we can split off in two directions. Exiting Gringotts, three. Here we all go in one direction from Ministry and it leads to another attraction entrance. (Or... is that the goal and we're all expected to cut through the retail shop?)

Last edited:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
As Far as Pokemon goes, there are 3 possible reasons for why not Epic Universe.

I'd argue that there are (at least) four reasons. Universal knows the broad appeal and drawing power of Nintendo and, just like Harry Potter, they know they will get the most bang for their buck by placing a little Nintendo in each park. It spreads the Nintendo out and tells the Nintendo guests "if you want to see all the Nintendo stuff, you need to visit all three parks" (exactly as they did with Harry Potter). To do such, each parks needs a big franchise as the anchor... EU will have Mario, IOA will likely have LoZ, and USO will (likely) have Pokemon.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Be fair. The X drone flew the first 2 days of the Rise.

If they did it more than once, I certainly stand corrected (I thought it was just once)... still, something like the X-Wing drone, had it been a routine thing, would have set Galaxy's Edge apart and really "upped" the "level". Should this dragon drone work out and be a regular part of EU (and not just an opening day thing), EU would just be getting the credit that Disney should have got for the idea (as if DHS was regularly flying an X-wing drone, the spectacle of this flying dragon wouldn't be nearly as impactful).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom