Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

WDWFREAK53

I really do hope they get working on a Creature from the Black Lagoon dark ride.
Having an indoor boat ride (like Navi), but with a ride system the can move the boat similar to Spidey/Transformers could make for an incredible attraction.
Lots of fog on the water...jump scares... I don't need a drop like a flume...just give me a good, thrilling (thematically), CftBL ride!

rd805

I really do hope they get working on a Creature from the Black Lagoon dark ride.
Having an indoor boat ride (like Navi), but with a ride system the can move the boat similar to Spidey/Transformers could make for an incredible attraction.
Lots of fog on the water...jump scares... I don't need a drop like a flume...just give me a good, thrilling (thematically), CftBL ride!

Luigi's Mansion shooter/game-style attraction, and Creature from the Black Lagoon boat attraction would be 2 amazing expansions to EU. I really hope they are still considered for the next 2-5 years after opening.

JoeCamel

Isn’t that basically Shanghai Pirates of the Caribbean?

Shanghai Pirates can alter the direction the boat is facing, but if it has an actual motion base like Spider-Man, that's news to me (obviously I've never been to Shanghai.)
I think about the time Na'vi was being planned/built they patented a boat system that can turn the boat and hold it for a bit, the talk was it was going to be used there but looks like it was Shanghai that got it. Seems like it would be useful in almost any new water/story ride so I expect it to show up in a few places.

WDWFREAK53

Isn’t that basically Shanghai Pirates of the Caribbean?

I've personally never been on the Shanghai Pirates but can the ride vehicles tilt as well as spin and rock?
And if so, I guess ride systems would be similar but what does that really matter? I don't ride Haunted Mansion and think it's basically Winnie the Pooh.

Jon81uk

Shanghai Pirates can alter the direction the boat is facing, but if it has an actual motion base like Spider-Man, that's news to me (obviously I've never been to Shanghai.)
You are right, that there is no full motion base, they can only move the boat and rotate it. So yes adding a full motion base would be another add-on step again.

Surferboy567

I was thinking I’d be able to ride Frankenstein’s experiment no problem. After the comments of the scariest ride they have ever done now that gives me pause.

I’m really looking forward to the ministry.

Andrew25

How close are we to an exact opening date?
Probably sometime later this year in the fall.

Potter will finally be announced in July, but we need one more "formal" announcement/detail video for the Helios Grand as that hotel can't be booked yet and will give an indication of the expected opening timeline.

neo999955

In the Parks
No
Epic universe has me at a 10/10 for excitement and the dark universe section just hits me on every level.The recent family-friendly coasters from Universal have been outstanding and if this dark ride lives up to the hype, it's going to be an INCREDIBLE land.

My biggest hope is they have built it in a way where some of the scares can be a bit variable, like Tower of Terror, so that each ride is just different enough you still get scared with multiple rides.

Do we think they'll open with a virtual queue for some of the biggest rides/lands? I imagine the busiest lands will be Harry Potter > Nintendo > Dark Universe > Dragon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom