Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

JoeCamel

Why not? Don’t travel to Orlando?
I have aged out of theme parks and for the cost I really don't want to travel to dead end hot Florida to give either Ccast or Bob any money. I've spent more time in the parks than 10 "normal" people so that will do me. If I were 30 years younger it was and would be totally different. For now this is my home park

2020-07-30 07.40.40.jpg
2020-07-30 10.46.19.jpg

Rich Brownn

I have aged out of theme parks and for the cost I really don't want to travel to dead end hot Florida to give either Ccast or Bob any money. I've spent more time in the parks than 10 "normal" people so that will do me. If I were 30 years younger it was and would be totally different. For now this is my home park

View attachment 817044View attachment 817045
How exactly does one "age out" of theme parks? I'm 70 and go weekly

JoeCamel

View attachment 817044View attachment 817045
I wanted to add that my park has a fall special that starts in about two weeks...
20221012_105841.jpg
20221012_110039.jpg

Also this was an overcast day, it really pops in the sun

Last edited:

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

A view from Destination Pwy with (left to right)• Stardust Racers• Cabana Bay Beach Resort• Epic Universe Team Member building• Aventura Hotel
1727121841212.png

Helios Grand Hotel in peak glow of sunrise. At #EpicUniverse
1727121869623.png

Belt of Venus descending on Epic Universe this morning.Earth's shadow is the dim blue at bottom of the sky. Belt of Venus is the pinkish glow of the Sun passing through Earth's atmosphere (in this viewpoint, over the Atlantic).Sunrise when Belt of Venus reaches the ground.
1727121892447.png

Sunrise reaching Epic Universe. Sun reflecting on the roof and windows of Helios Grand Hotel.
1727121914622.png

Star lights still on at sunrise at Stella Nova resort.
1727121939413.png

Star lights off at Terra Luna resort this morning.Stella Nova, at right, has star lights and many rooms with their lighting on.
1727121970771.png

Stella Nova resort at night, with pool lighting recently added on the right hand side.This captures what is seen of the resort from Universal Blvd. Star lights shining brighter than the room lights. The column of lighted windows at center is elevator lobbies.
1727121997483.png

Stella Nova resort at night, with pool lighting recently added on the right hand side.This is what cameras automatically see in the night view. Automatic exposure maximizing capture of available light.
1727122026890.png

Pool lighting on at Stella Nova resort at night.Ambient lighting on the colorful reflective tiles. with also some room lighting and the star lighting.This seems to capture what guests at the pool will see when the resort opens in January.
1727122069166.png

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Almost all windows are installed on the new Universal Creative office in the Northwest corner of the Epic Universe development site.
1727122130583.png
1727122140681.png
1727122159090.png

Frankenstein Manor's tower, and the Epic Universe entrance tower (Chronos). at sunrise.
1727122183548.png

The tower of Frankenstein Manor at night, in Epic Universe.
1727122214658.png

Back-lit silhouettes of Frankenstein Manor's tower and Chronos, above the Epic Universe entrance.At right is the work on the domed roof over admission sales for the park.
1727122238163.png

WDWFREAK53

I wonder how much of Frankenstein you're going to see from the entrance plaza. From these views it really takes away from the Chronos Tower which should be your main focal point when entering.

EDIT: To add...the Chronos Tower as an entrance portal is great, but the execution makes it seem not as grand due to it having no "bulk." IMO, it would've looked and felt "bigger" if it had solid supports running up the sides with a dome/cap on top which framed the spinning elements inside. From a distance it looks like it's just framing and not finished.

Last edited:

sonoma15

I wonder how much of Frankenstein you're going to see from the entrance plaza. From these views it really takes away from the Chronos Tower which should be your main focal point when entering.

EDIT: To add...the Chronos Tower as an entrance portal is great, but the execution makes it seem not as grand due to it having no "bulk." IMO, it would've looked and felt "bigger" if it had solid supports running up the sides with a dome/cap on top which framed the spinning elements inside. From a distance it looks like it's just framing and not finished.
You probably won't be able to see Frankenstein from the entrance, it's all the way at the back of the park. Bio's photo just looks like this because he probably used a telephoto lens or something similar here to make objects further away appear a lot closer and bigger. He is also probably standing at an elevated point to capture this photo. It's a neat shot but it's not how it looks in reality.

WDWFREAK53

You probably won't be able to see Frankenstein from the entrance, it's all the way at the back of the park. Bio's photo just looks like this because he probably used a telephoto lens or something similar here to make objects further away appear a lot closer and bigger. He is also probably standing at an elevated point to capture this photo. It's a neat shot but it's not how it looks in reality.
You're right. I was looking at it wrong. Now that I see that actual "EPIC UNIVERSE" logo on it, it makes sense of the angle this is taken at.
At first I thought this was almost a straight on shot of the Chronos.

Epcot81Fan

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

A view from Destination Pwy with (left to right)• Stardust Racers• Cabana Bay Beach Resort• Epic Universe Team Member building• Aventura Hotel
View attachment 817464
Helios Grand Hotel in peak glow of sunrise. At #EpicUniverse
View attachment 817466
Belt of Venus descending on Epic Universe this morning.Earth's shadow is the dim blue at bottom of the sky. Belt of Venus is the pinkish glow of the Sun passing through Earth's atmosphere (in this viewpoint, over the Atlantic).Sunrise when Belt of Venus reaches the ground.
View attachment 817467
Sunrise reaching Epic Universe. Sun reflecting on the roof and windows of Helios Grand Hotel.
View attachment 817468
Star lights still on at sunrise at Stella Nova resort.
View attachment 817469
Star lights off at Terra Luna resort this morning.Stella Nova, at right, has star lights and many rooms with their lighting on.
View attachment 817470
Stella Nova resort at night, with pool lighting recently added on the right hand side.This captures what is seen of the resort from Universal Blvd. Star lights shining brighter than the room lights. The column of lighted windows at center is elevator lobbies.
View attachment 817471
Stella Nova resort at night, with pool lighting recently added on the right hand side.This is what cameras automatically see in the night view. Automatic exposure maximizing capture of available light.
View attachment 817472
Pool lighting on at Stella Nova resort at night.Ambient lighting on the colorful reflective tiles. with also some room lighting and the star lighting.This seems to capture what guests at the pool will see when the resort opens in January.
View attachment 817473
Meanwhile, morning mist settling on the Epcot planter...absolutely remarkable.

1727202137744.png

maxairmike

The Chronos is also still roughly 80-90% finished. They have some more details on the top, plus the additional stuff on the sides above the portal where the bare silver metal is still visible. The additional structure on the sides will help to give it more visual weight. I’m uncertain what the finished top of the tower will look like, as I can recall at least two versions between the art and model. One had a second dome over the existing dome (art), and one has smaller caps/decorations on the four corners (model). I expect that we get the version that matches the model in the preview center, even though I prefer the art version with the double dome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom