Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

neo999955

In the Parks
No
Galaxy’s Edge who? Villains land who?
To be fair, as iconic as the Universal monsters are - Disney villains are much more beloved as personalities and I think a properly built villains land at Disney World could easily surpass what Universal is doing here. You know, if Disney actually gave it the proper budget and love.

Do we know how big this land is at Epic? I wonder how it would compare to the blue-sky villains land Disney mentioned a few years ago.

Andrew25

To be fair, as iconic as the Universal monsters are - Disney villains are much more beloved as personalities and I think a properly built villains land at Disney World could easily surpass what Universal is doing here. You know, if Disney actually gave it the proper budget and love.

Do we know how big this land is at Epic? I wonder how it would compare to the blue-sky villains land Disney mentioned a few years ago.
About the same as Hogsmeade at Islands of Adventure (excluding Hagrid's).

The actual village portion of the land is about half of the village of Hogsmeade. It's not a massive land, but the show-building is huge.

Brer Oswald

Maybe to Disney fans. Dracula, Frankenstein’s Monster, werewolf, mummy, etc are household names. You don’t need to see a movie to know who they are.

999th Happy Haunt

I think the monsters are actually universally more well known. Of course many of Disney’s villains are very iconic, but please find me anyone out there that doesn’t know who Frankenstein or Dracula is.

Either way, a Disney villains land might be initially more popular with kids, but Dark Universe will always feel like a “step up” because of the subject matter.

Andrew25

Both are iconic... but the Universal Monsters tend to be far more recognizable by everyone than Disney's outside maybe Ursula and Maleficent.

This land will be very "kinetic" with fog effects and I'd imagine HHN-style lighting at night.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Epic universe has me at a 10/10 for excitement and the dark universe section just hits me on every level.The recent family-friendly coasters from Universal have been outstanding and if this dark ride lives up to the hype, it's going to be an INCREDIBLE land.

My biggest hope is they have built it in a way where some of the scares can be a bit variable, like Tower of Terror, so that each ride is just different enough you still get scared with multiple rides.

Do we think they'll open with a virtual queue for some of the biggest rides/lands? I imagine the busiest lands will be Harry Potter > Nintendo > Dark Universe > Dragon.
There is such an unmet demand for well themed attractions that are not princess rides.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Unfortunately for Universal, Dr. Victoria Frankenstein runs an employee-owned croisant bakery cafe co-op.
Young Frankenstein Thunder GIF
Black And White Movie GIF

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Projections could be great in this land.
Shadows lurking in the night. Bats flying around.
Talk about a land that will come alive...it's alive...it's ALIVE...at night.
From what has been shown, there will be electrical arcking everywhere. And the smoking well. And the lit windmill.

Don't see any room or hints at projections so far.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Going by the video, do you think characters will be in the restaurant and tavern?
They mentioned vampires in one and monster hunters in another. Doesn't look like any 'named monster' will be M&G in the restaurants (based on what was show).

But you can get your picture with Frankenstein's monster and his bride.

WDWFREAK53

They mentioned vampires in one and monster hunters in another. Doesn't look like any 'named monster' will be M&G in the restaurants (based on what was show).

But you can get your picture with Frankenstein's monster and his bride.
That's what I meant. Maybe not "named" characters but possibly people "in character" as monsters or hunters.
Pretty cool if it comes to be.

Surferboy567

This is the Disney fan in me speaking but I think a villians land could be even better then dark universe. Both have their place and I’m excited to experience Dark Universe but that’s my take. I hope they build the villains land somewhere in WDW.

I also prefer the Disney villains over raw horror. Not the biggest fan of being scared because well, I scare too easily.

rd805

This is the Disney fan in me speaking but I think a villians land could be even better then dark universe. Both have their place and I’m excited to experience Dark Universe but that’s my take. I hope they build the villains land somewhere in WDW.

I also prefer the Disney villains over raw horror. Not the biggest fan of being scared because well, I scare too easily.
While a Villians Land in Disney would be amazing -- i don't think it could nearly be as well-done as Darkmoor. Mickey's Halloween Party is fun, but extremely GOOFY (pun intended), and that's mostly what I could see foresee Disney even doing.
They could make some very cool stuff, and absolutely SHOULD do that in the Animation courtyard re-vamp, but the Dark Universe just looks so perfect to be one-upped.

They are also completely different products though, and not necessary compared.

Surferboy567

While a Villians Land in Disney would be amazing -- i don't think it could nearly be as well-done as Darkmoor. Mickey's Halloween Party is fun, but extremely GOOFY (pun intended), and that's mostly what I could see foresee Disney even doing.
They could make some very cool stuff, and absolutely SHOULD do that in the Animation courtyard re-vamp, but the Dark Universe just looks so perfect to be one-upped.

They are also completely different products though, and not necessary compared.
I’d actually prefer it in Magic Kingdom as the opposite of Fantasyland. Both I think would have their place though it’s hard to say which would be better. Due to the hypothetical nature of the possible villain project.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom