Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

Tom

Beta Return
Looks like they fooled everyone, the SS44 area is just going to be a little park with a couple trees ;)

j0fEQyz1Kl9An.jpg

Geez....they sure wasted a lot of money on the blueprints, only to scrap it and put in green space. :p

Tom

Beta Return
The difference here would be Universal actually hasn't even announced Transformers yet unlike Hyperion Wharf. :p

Hahaha! Touche.

Disney draws plans and renderings, issues press releases, mobilizes, and demolishes buildings.....and then does nothing.

Universal doesn't make a peep, but everyone on forums like this knows exactly what's going on...and it's actually happening.

kittybubbles

Several people have said they are targeting June/July... Seems pretty ambitious... I'd love for this to be done by then so I can experience it in October next year, but I am not counting on it...

I was just looking at the blackout dates for the FL resident Power Pass. If I am reading it correctly, IOA had a few weeks blocked in 2012, in 2013 it looks like the studios are blocked for all of July....I would assume this could mean they expect to have something new to offer in July....

Captain Chaos

I was just looking at the blackout dates for the FL resident Power Pass. If I am reading it correctly, IOA had a few weeks blocked in 2012, in 2013 it looks like the studios are blocked for all of July....I would assume this could mean they expect to have something new to offer in July....
That is the assumption I read elsewhere too... :)

lazyboy97o

That's pretty neat! I see you didn't see my other question, does the Hollywood version also use this technology?
That's because you edited your post before I replied. But yes, this was designed to accomodate the small size of the Hollywood plot and also used at Singapore to help reduce costs.

BryceM

That's because you edited your post before I replied. But yes, this was designed to accomodate the small size of the Hollywood plot and also used at Singapore to help reduce costs.
I know, sorry. And thanks! I just know nothing about the ride, as it hasn't "all-sparked" (HAHAHA, sorry) my interest until recently, now that we know it is officially coming to USF.

What I'm most curious about is the ride's facade...

RozFan

maybe someone can answer my question regarding the facade of transformers.

is it going to look like a soundstage or will it have a building overlay to fit with the neighboring new york theming? from the map above it looks like if themed to a soundstage right next to the waterfront would not be the most thematically attractive solution.

JT3000

maybe someone can answer my question regarding the facade of transformers.

is it going to look like a soundstage or will it have a building overlay to fit with the neighboring new york theming? from the map above it looks like if themed to a soundstage right next to the waterfront would not be the most thematically attractive solution.

I don't think anyone knows yet, but I'm hoping for appropriate urban theming, at least on the sides of the building facing those areas. Doing what Hollywood did would be a thematic disaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom