Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

Captain Chaos

I have a friend who works at Uni who overheard maint guys talking a summer opening for Transformers (they specifically said Transformers, as if we needed any more proof). Not sure how likely that is, but with vertical construction already begun, it could happen...

Oh and big news for those who have been covering this thread for a while... Universal's House of Horrors is confirmed to be coming...as a HHN maze...
Several people have said they are targeting June/July... Seems pretty ambitious... I'd love for this to be done by then so I can experience it in October next year, but I am not counting on it...

cheezbat

Several people have said they are targeting June/July... Seems pretty ambitious... I'd love for this to be done by then so I can experience it in October next year, but I am not counting on it...

It's ambitious all right....but not impossible. They've been moving pretty fast with this thing. We could see it by the end of next summer!

Bairstow

I wonder if Universal Orlando is considering giving this thing a better queue than what we've seen at Singapore and LA.
I've said elsewhere that the queues for those two attractions look so sparse and so dependent upon TV screens and barely-themed concrete that they seemed intentionally designed to be easy to retrofit with a different, non-Transformers overlay.
This makes me worried, because if there's one thing that the Universal parks in Orlando get right it's going all-in for their queues.
A full-scale AA autobot talking to guests in the queue would really push this attraction over the line.

lazyboy97o

^I thought I read that the queue in L.A was very nicely themed?
The interior queue in Hollywood is alright. It only holds about 20 - 30 minutes of waiting time. The rest is outside hidden off to the side where there is some light set dressing under a shaded switchback area with a few televisions. Inside, there are more monitors with videos setting up what is to come, but not much else. It is supposed to look like a bunker, and it does. What is sort of a fail is there are some keyboard, controls, switches, etc. with different gauges and readouts that are all static. They are all within reach and here we have sort of been taught that if its right there in reach, try to touch it. Flip a switch and nothing. Look at a set of gauges and they're perfectly still. In these rooms there are also monitors showing different videos, but they are oddly placed so it is hard to see and hear them from throughout the individual rooms.

disney fan 13

^OOC, are the differences between the Transformers like the POTC's differences or something like the LM's with different queues and minor changes to the ride?

AndyMagic

To be honest I found the queue in Hollywood to be very well done and I'm shocked they are considering changes given the speed of construction. Any "plussing" though is good to me. It isn't really the interior queue that I'm worried about, it is the facade. Are they are going with the more impressive Singapore version or the soundstage look of Hollywood's?

lazyboy97o

I do not recall anything at all that suggest I was supposed to be in Chicago, just some American city. Maybe if I had paid more attention to the architecture in the film sequences I would have.

GLaDOS

I do not recall anything at all that suggest I was supposed to be in Chicago, just some American city. Maybe if I had paid more attention to the architecture in the film sequences I would have.

Yea, it is set in Chicago, but in no point in the attraction is that mentioned, or could you really tell unless you're really, really paying attention.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom