HTF

From my buddy Bob, taken today!

Transformers-170.jpg

Transformers-171.jpg

Transformers-172.jpg

Transformers-173.jpg

Transformers-174.jpg

JT3000

Well if they wanted a building that's bland and industrial looking, congratulations, that's what you already have. It's almost like the lazy concept they used in HHN a few years ago, "Hey, let's give this storage warehouse a storage warehouse theme. No need for a facade!"

I was really hoping for detailed facades. It looks like they're going the route of just adding props onto the exposed show building.

AswaySuller

Construction standards are much slower now. And safer. Many buildings of that era had multiple fatalities during the construction process.
Ha ha love this.... Although the Empire State Building was built in the depression with an awful lot of workers working round the clock for virtually zero money.

Bairstow

Well if they wanted a building that's bland and industrial looking, congratulations, that's what you already have. It's almost like the lazy concept they used in HHN a few years ago, "Hey, let's give this storage warehouse a storage warehouse theme. No need for a facade!"

I was really hoping for detailed facades. It looks like they're going the route of just adding props onto the exposed show building.

Well they're probably constrained at least somewhat by the preshow videos and props that are already use in Hollywood and Singapore which make the building some sort of secret military facility.

lazyboy97o

Well they're probably constrained at least somewhat by the preshow videos and props that are already use in Hollywood and Singapore which make the building some sort of secret military facility.
Secret military facilities have to be sound stages? I believe part of Hollywood runs along one side of the show building in Singapore.

JT3000

Those buildings are completely different though. Singapore has futuristic theming, while Hollywood is just a plain building with an ugly mural on it.

Singapore
transformer.jpg

Hollywood
tranformers-ride2.jpg

I don't believe either look would be appropriate for USF, but they could've gone for an urban secret facility look with more detail than this. Putting up several different facades on the NY side would have also broken things up a bit and made the building look not so massive and out-of-scale with its surroundings.

grandmath

Ehh, once you ride it you'll forget the eyesore lol

It's not a matter of what is inside. As a world class theme park, USF must consider the outside as much as the inside, especially when the buidling is in the middle of the park, visible from every sightlines, and so huge. I wouldn't care an industrial facility as long as it looks coherent with the nearby city surroundings (after all, the Nest base in Washington in Transformers 3 IS industrial). I hope for the best, but was definitely looking for more urban facades for this.

HTF

It's not a matter of what is inside. As a world class theme park, USF must consider the outside as much as the inside, especially when the buidling is in the middle of the park, visible from every sightlines, and so huge. I wouldn't care an industrial facility as long as it looks coherent with the nearby city surroundings (after all, the Nest base in Washington in Transformers 3 IS industrial). I hope for the best, but was definitely looking for more urban facades for this.
Just joking really, I assure you I hold them to a crazy standard in terms of theming and execution because I know what creative is capable of even without WB's breathing down there neck.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Just saw some new picture of the outside of Transformers over at OU. I am trying to keep an open mind about the exterior theming but I am having a really hard time imagining how this is going to look like anything but a big warehouse.

BryceM

Just saw some new picture of the outside of Transformers over at OU. I am trying to keep an open mind about the exterior theming but I am having a really hard time imagining how this is going to look like anything but a big warehouse.
Agreed. I think it will come together eventually and I doubt it's close to being finished. The E7 definitely helped to add to that "industrial" vibe...

lazyboy97o

What tacky tourist trap look? Are you referring to Hollywood's Transformers?
No, I was referring to Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama. A perfectly executed tourist trap, but it still is not a great subject for a themed experience. I see the industrial look to be in a similar vein. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I just don't see how an industrial look, no matter how well executed, is a good subject for a themed experience.

Disneyhead'71

I believe that the exact style they are going for is "Military Industrial". And for Transformers I think it fits. Although we will see how well it fits in the overall Parkscape. From Music Plaza it already doesn't look too bad. But I am wondering more about the Lagoon side and at the end of a NYC Street.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom