Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

JT3000

I really used to like Universal but...

It just seems so incohesive now with a new ride here and a new land there (or way over there). I also see bells and whistles being added everywhere that don't really add to the overall enjoyment of the restort. IMO it's starting to feel cluttered over there at Universal Orlando.

"Hey let's stick some put-put golf courses under the bridge." OK.

"Hey let's build the second half of a land but inside of our other park." OK.

"Hey wouldn't it be cool if we had a boardwalk? Let's make one." OK.

"Hey Transformers is a success out in Hollywood. We have Spiderman but who cares let's bring it here too." OK.

Meanwhile, at WDW...

"Hey, let's build..."

"No."

"But you didn't even hear..."

"No."

"Can we at least fix the..."

"No."

Mickey_777

So highly detailed lands and massively awesome E-tickets don't add to your overall enjoyment of a park? Okay then.

"Hey, wouldn't it be cool to give people a highly themed entertainment experience for the whole family in CityWalk?"

Which is a great and seemingly popular idea...I don't see why this is anywhere near a negative.

"Hey, wouldn't it be cool to give people the ultimate Harry Potter experience including a trip on the Hogwarts express?"

It'll get us a brand new land, 2 (or 3) new attractions, and will spread out crowds, not to mention how awesome it's going to look.

"Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we had a new area for people to relax and enjoy themselves in CityWalk?"

Again...I really don't get how this is not cohesive or how this doesn't add to people's enjoyment.

"Hey, Transformers is a great attraction. it just beat out Radiator Springs Racers on Theme Park Insider for best new ride, and people obviously enjoy it. It's a world class attraction that would really improve our Florida park. The ride system is similar to Spider-Man, but Disney has multiple rides with the same ride system in the same park, so it'll be fine."

Again, how this hurts cohesion or enjoyment is beyond me.

;)

I'm sorry, did you personally design and/or work on any of these projects? You seem to have a bit of animosity towards my opinions. I don't even know who you are so rest assured I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings when sharing my view on the current status of of Univesal Studios Orlando.

Let me remind everyone where talking about friggin' theme-parks. This whole forum is getting to the point where you don't even want to paticipate anymore.

GLaDOS

I'm sorry, did you personally design and/or work on any of these projects? You seem to have a bit of animosity towards my opinions. I don't even know who you are so rest assured I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings when sharing my view on the current status of of Univesal Studios Orlando.

Let me remind everyone where talking about friggin' theme-parks. This whole forum is getting to the point where you don't even want to paticipate anymore.

No animosity at all. You just didn't explain your points at all. You made a vague assertion that the additions weren't cohesive to the rest of the resort and that they were decreasing the ability to enjoy the resort. No reasons as to why you thought that.

Tom

Beta Return
Whether it's the final logo or not, this is an official document.

It could very well be "official" - in the form of a marketing tactic or graphic design put together by the design firm.

But it could also be fake. I could have created this image in Photoshop in just a few minutes. Use an existing title block, crop it down to a square shape, drop in the California logo, use a convincing font to add the Orlando part, and change some text in the title block using standard CAD fonts....and voila, "leaked proof".

I wouldn't put it past the same people who think crane location proves what a project will be.

But really, I believe this to be the beginnings of their marketing plan. The design firm is providing logos and renderings for the real marketing folks to do their job.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No animosity at all. You just didn't explain your points at all. You made a vague assertion that the additions weren't cohesive to the rest of the resort and that they were decreasing the ability to enjoy the resort. No reasons as to why you thought that.
I do have to agree to a certain extent. Personally I thought the mini golf location was crazy. Slim parcels of land sandwiched between buildings and a 4 lane highway? And under a bridge? I much preferred the lovely landscaped Floridian vista from the walkways before. The welcome to a well kept, lushly tropical resort. I'm glad it's successful, but the location beats me.

And similarly with TF. With its futuristic theme surely either side of MIB would have been better? Still drawing guests away from Potter. This new building will be quite high, with minimal space for theming what in essence has to be a big square box. 3 sides of murals are what we can hope for if we are lucky with a fourth more inviting side for the entrance. Even this main side hasn't the room for something the scope of MIBs front or Mummy. There again, Twister is purely painted flats on a false soundstage, although thee was meant to be a concerted move away from this format in USO I guess it'll happen one more time.

Either way the east and west sides will seem like dark canyons when complete I'd imagine. Especially with Shreks show building on one side. I admit, TFs placement does seem strange.

71jason

It's no worse than "Cars Land"

In fairness, "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" is almost always called "Potter Land" in practice (and to this day DHS is better known as "MGM"). If a land/attraction delivers the goods, only online fanbois are going to debate the merits of the name--the average guest is too busy riding.

RSoxNo1

You have to first acknowledge there is a war and then prepare and do battle. Disney is doing neither. So, perhaps you are looking at Sea World as UNI's foe.

In CA., it is a different story. But we are talking Orlando here, aren't we?
I agree, Disney hasn't really acknowledged it yet. Star Tours, and Fantasyland are solid additions (as an attraction Star Tours is exceptional). They're adding to the area of Fantasyland with a beautification project of sorts, but unlike Carsland there is no anchor attraction included. The additions are all welcome but there isn't an attraction that is meant to "Wow" the guests.
If it happens, Avatar may present a single attraction capable of wowing guests, but we're 4-5 years away from that happening.

Disney needs to fast track something, that could be something like the Monster's Inc Coaster, but the only reason people are suggesting is that is because they know it exists. I also don't know that the Monster's Inc Coaster would stand up against the Gringott's Coaster, Hogworts Express or Transformers. I would think that something more substantial than the Monster's Inc Coaster is the direction that they should take between now and Avatar.

Captain Chaos

Is it possible our ultimate insiders were duped yet again??? Apparently the image IS a fake... Not saying this isn't Transformers, but what was posted here and elsewhere last night as a leaked document, apparently isn't real... so kudos for whoever wasted their time creating the document to fool everyone...

Now, time to just sit back and wait for universal to officially announce this and not listen to anyone anymore... Credibility has taken major hits over this project...

maxairmike

I'm still not quite ready to call it a complete fake...something isn't passing the smell test, and it isn't that image at the moment...

Lee

Adventurer
The image may in fact be fake, but it's message isn't.
Well...the December date may not be correct, but the ride is definately coming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom