Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

Tom

Beta Return
Ah OK. The layout is shorter than I expected, but there will probably be lots of block sections.

Yeah, doesn't appear to be a tremendously long ride. But plenty of short sections. Besides, who says the vehicles/trains will be very long?

Lee

Adventurer
Yeah, doesn't appear to be a tremendously long ride. But plenty of short sections. Besides, who says the vehicles/trains will be very long?
I don't expect long trains at all. No more than two cars per train.
(I wonder if the leaked train art is accurate...)

Tom

Beta Return
It doesn't look very coastery though... ( I know coastery is not a word...)

And goes slower then BTMRR! Thats pretty slow...

I agree. The word was always that it was going to be a coaster. If it is, it won't be the most exciting one in the world, unless the brake sections are LM-type accelerators instead.

The ride layout, and size of the building, makes it appear more like Dinosaur.

Lee

Adventurer
It doesn't look very coastery though... ( I know coastery is not a word...)

And goes slower then BTMRR! Thats pretty slow...
The diagram doesn't show elevation changes. There will be hills and drops in there.
Expect a mix of slow and fast sections. (Keep in mind, Space Mtn. is slower than BTM.)

invader

The diagram doesn't show elevation changes. There will be hills and drops in there.
Expect a mix of slow and fast sections. (Keep in mind, Space Mtn. is slower than BTM.)
I'm sure even though you won't be going "fast" you'll feel like you are, if that makes sense. I'm actually really excited for this, even more so than I was for FJ.

WDW1974

I agree, Disney hasn't really acknowledged it yet. Star Tours, and Fantasyland are solid additions (as an attraction Star Tours is exceptional). They're adding to the area of Fantasyland with a beautification project of sorts, but unlike Carsland there is no anchor attraction included. The additions are all welcome but there isn't an attraction that is meant to "Wow" the guests.
If it happens, Avatar may present a single attraction capable of wowing guests, but we're 4-5 years away from that happening.

Disney needs to fast track something, that could be something like the Monster's Inc Coaster, but the only reason people are suggesting is that is because they know it exists. I also don't know that the Monster's Inc Coaster would stand up against the Gringott's Coaster, Hogworts Express or Transformers. I would think that something more substantial than the Monster's Inc Coaster is the direction that they should take between now and Avatar.

Monsters Inc door coaster was always described to me as a high quality D-Ticket type experience ... but certainly NOT something that would be able to compete with what Gringott's will be.

The fact is Disney has nothing for four parks that are capable of that wow factor, with the possible exception of Avatar (a big question mark right now).

Also, while I'm hearing various things about that document on Transformers (and I won't offer any opinion on it) I will also tell you that it doesn't matter since the attraction is coming. I've also heard tonight from a trusted friend that UNI has been going crazy on bloggers taking pics of the construction area and coming up to folks and getting vocal about deleting pics (even telling some bloggers that they would have credentials revoked if they took pics etc). Even a few tourists apparently were caught in the mix/mess and, frankly, it doesn't sound like smart thinking on UNI's part. The cat is out of the bag and trying to stuff it back in won't work.

Also, interesting that a Shanghai DL concept map hit the American fan audience at the same time (oh, and it's real, just not sure how up to date it is).

WDW1974

The image may in fact be fake, but it's message isn't.
Well...the December date may not be correct, but the ride is definately coming.

Like I'm gonna listen to someone who was Insider of the Year here in 2004.

You are simply all ego ... all ego ... and you hate Disney too!!!

disney fan 13

Ok, I feel a bit better... Though I really was hoping for at least the thrill level of mummy...

WDW1974

Don't hate the player...

I hate the 'tude, pandering for fanboi drool ... it makes me sick ... ya know, there used to be another 'insider' here and I vanquished him and sent him on his way. He didn't even think the wand was coming down, imagine that? You need to know your place , No. 3.146798754!

Tom

Beta Return
Ok, I feel a bit better... Though I really was hoping for at least the thrill level of mummy...

This track layout, and the vehicle design, could certainly lend themselves to a Mummy-esque experience. The track has large sweeping turns and is buffered from itself and its surroundings moreso than a typical coaster, which would economize a smaller space.

lazyboy97o

If Gringott's does indeed feature some sort of motion base built into the coaster cars, there is less need for the track to be the sole source of movement and thrills.

lazyboy97o

How much movement are in the Mummy vehicles? I only rode it once, and was concentrating on not becoming ill. Didn't get to spend a lot of time focusing on the mechanics.
I am nearly positive those cars are stationary. The big gimmick was the backwards portion that Universal was able to open before Disney.

Tom

Beta Return
I am nearly positive those cars are stationary. The big gimmick was the backwards portion that Universal was able to open before Disney.
Correct, no motion base on the Mummy.

Got it.

Having (recently) seen the renderings of the Gringott vehicles, they look like standard (but extra wide) coaster cars. If they have mobility beyond following the track, it would be a technological marvel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom