Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

maxairmike

The image seen is not a real blueprint. It's square, and there are NO square blueprint formats. This was designed to "leak" on the web and get all the fan boys worked up. And it's obviously working.

Why must every leak be in blueprint format to be legit? I've done digital graphic work before, and that stuff comes in all shapes, sizes, and formats depending on the project and who it is for/is doing it. This doesn't have to be the cover of a blueprint package, it doesn't have to be a part of any package. HenryMystic is likely correct though. I also wouldn't be surprised if it was at least a partially "planned" leak to a certain extent.

GLaDOS

It just seems so incohesive now with a new ride here and a new land there (or way over there). I also see bells and whistles being added everywhere that don't really add to the overall enjoyment of the restort. IMO it's starting to feel cluttered over there at Universal Orlando.

So highly detailed lands and massively awesome E-tickets don't add to your overall enjoyment of a park? Okay then.

"Hey let's stick some put-put golf courses under the bridge." OK.

"Hey, wouldn't it be cool to give people a highly themed entertainment experience for the whole family in CityWalk?"

Which is a great and seemingly popular idea...I don't see why this is anywhere near a negative.

"Hey let's build the second half of a land but inside of our other park." OK.

"Hey, wouldn't it be cool to give people the ultimate Harry Potter experience including a trip on the Hogwarts express?"

It'll get us a brand new land, 2 (or 3) new attractions, and will spread out crowds, not to mention how awesome it's going to look.

"Hey wouldn't it be cool if we had a boardwalk? Let's make one." OK.

"Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we had a new area for people to relax and enjoy themselves in CityWalk?"

Again...I really don't get how this is not cohesive or how this doesn't add to people's enjoyment.

"Hey Transformers is a success out in Hollywood. We have Spiderman but who cares let's bring it here too." OK.

"Hey, Transformers is a great attraction. it just beat out Radiator Springs Racers on Theme Park Insider for best new ride, and people obviously enjoy it. It's a world class attraction that would really improve our Florida park. The ride system is similar to Spider-Man, but Disney has multiple rides with the same ride system in the same park, so it'll be fine."

Again, how this hurts cohesion or enjoyment is beyond me.

;)

Imagineer6

I'm not sure if that document is real... and I'm not going against SS44 turning into Transformers, but I did talk to the person who creates these logos and he/she said it's a fake recreation.

AmongMadPeople

Why must every leak be in blueprint format to be legit? I've done digital graphic work before, and that stuff comes in all shapes, sizes, and formats depending on the project and who it is for/is doing it. This doesn't have to be the cover of a blueprint package, it doesn't have to be a part of any package. HenryMystic is likely correct though. I also wouldn't be surprised if it was at least a partially "planned" leak to a certain extent.

I think the point was that the format of the leaked artwork very distinctly looks like a blueprint to Joe Schmo. To the average person, this looks like a real blueprint leak, not promotional material. (Promo in and of itself or cover to a set of promo art, I don't know) To be the first solid bit of leaked material, I think it's smart and versatile.

maxairmike

"Hey, wouldn't it be cool to give people the ultimate Harry Potter experience including a trip on the Hogwarts express?"

It'll get us a brand new land, 2 (or 3) new attractions, and will spread out crowds, not to mention how awesome it's going to look.

Don't forget the most important part, selling more park-to-park passes. I'd be willing to bet this was/would have been destined for IOA killing off the rest of Lost Continent were it not for the park hopping side and the realization that it would probably push sales of park-to-park passes much further towards 100% of ticket purchases, even for multi-day visits.

Anyway, back to Transformers...

AmongMadPeople

I'm not sure if that document is real... and I'm not going against SS44 turning into Transformers, but I did talk to the person who creates these logos and he/she said it's a fake recreation.

Another round of misdirection? Can't wait for an official announcement so that be done with.

lazyboy97o

Don't forget the most important part, selling more park-to-park passes. I'd be willing to bet this was/would have been destined for IOA killing off the rest of Lost Continent were it not for the park hopping side and the realization that it would probably push sales of park-to-park passes much further towards 100% of ticket purchases, even for multi-day visits.

Anyway, back to Transformers...
It makes you wonder if Universal Orlando Resort is even going to bother with advertising the One Day, One Park admission. Makes more sense to point people towards a One Day, Two Park pass. It'd be really cool if they even, at least for awhile, the passes were made to look like train tickets.

Imagineer6

This is not the real logo, someone went through the trouble of creating their logo (and poorly, at that.) But we'll see, no official word on it yet.

djlaosc

It makes you wonder if Universal Orlando Resort is even going to bother with advertising the One Day, One Park admission. Makes more sense to point people towards a One Day, Two Park pass. It'd be really cool if they even, at least for awhile, the passes were made to look like train tickets.

I too am wondering if they will even just stop 1 park tickets total - make all tickets 2 parks - would be nice if they reduced the price on the 2 park tickets slightly as more people would have to buy them, and they could potentially say visit 2 parks for $99 + tax for example (current 1 park is $88 + tax, 2 parks is $123 + tax)

I am imagining that to get on the train you will have to go through turnstiles like those at the entrances of the parks - would fit with the theme, and it would stop employees having to check each ticket!

NemoRocks78

Seized
I really used to like Universal but...

It just seems so incohesive now with a new ride here and a new land there (or way over there). I also see bells and whistles being added everywhere that don't really add to the overall enjoyment of the restort. IMO it's starting to feel cluttered over there at Universal Orlando.

"Hey let's stick some put-put golf courses under the bridge." OK.

"Hey let's build the second half of a land but inside of our other park." OK.

"Hey wouldn't it be cool if we had a boardwalk? Let's make one." OK.

"Hey Transformers is a success out in Hollywood. We have Spiderman but who cares let's bring it here too." OK.
Or, just perhaps…

"We have some available land here, mini-golf is a popular game in Orlando that we'd like to take advantage of, and we're already looking for ways to expand our nighttime activities. Let's fit two well-themed courses down here to do just that."

"Potter in IOA is a huge success and we want to expand our Potter offerings in a creative way. Let's create an incredible new land in the Studios park and connect the two together by a train, like they are in the books these attractions are based off of."

"We have these grassy plots just sitting here and not much can be done with them. Let's build good looking boardwalks here and give our guests more bars, quick dining locations, and a nice place to relax after a long day at the parks."

"Sure, we're already building a new land with a great E-ticket attraction on the other side of the park. But what if we use some of the insane amount of money we've made to build ANOTHER E-ticket attraction towards the front of the park in attempt to balance the crowds out when our new land opens? And we'll clone an incredible ride from our sister park that will no doubt be a hit with our guests."

Note: I know how the real conversations must have gone (More $$$ = :D ), but that's how I like to picture them. :p

flynnibus

Premium Member
Fans see this image and wet themselves, obviously. However, this piece of evidence is purely a publicity stunt.

The image seen is not a real blueprint. It's square, and there are NO square blueprint formats

It's not blue prints - but the format of proofs used in printing/advertising.

AmongMadPeople

This is not the real logo, someone went through the trouble of creating their logo (and poorly, at that.) But we'll see, no official word on it yet.

Not sure what the "real" logo will look like, but it looks similar enough to the one in USH. I think in the short term, they're more interested in getting promos together than waiting until they've designed a new logo (if they even will) to release something.
RideLogo_TransformersRide2-176x99.png

NemoRocks78

Seized
Hate to stir up the "OMG DISNEY WILL FORCE UNIVERSAL TO HAND OVER MARVEL!!?!!?!" talk, but a thought popped into my head. All those people that went on about Transformers taking over Spidey just a few months ago are now proven wrong. If/when Universal decides to let Marvel go, they wouldn't even have to keep the Spidey ride system in place with Transformers in the other park now. That building can be used for an incredible new attraction. :cool:

disney fan 13

I hope it's the real logo, cuz I'd be glad if the "3D" part of it is taken out here. I like the simple sound and look of "TRANSFORMERS: THE RIDE" without that "3D" bit throw in on the end.

Yeah, I Prefer it to only be Transformers the ride as well. the 3D reminds me of Shrek for some reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom