Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

lazyboy97o

The latest Orlando Parkhopper over at MiceChat has an image they claim is promotional art for Transformers: The Ride at Universal Orlando Resort.

Jim Handy

For those who hasn't seen the whole thing, it was Lee's image and the one Miceage posted.

The one on Miceage will probably be taken down.

Lee

Adventurer
Wow...now that was one impressively fast leak.
I got one email with the photo. Then two more in quick succession. Then Orlando United posts it and quickly pulls it. Now Miceage has it. All in the span of just a few hours.
Sounds almost coordinated...

Anyway, here's the whole thing. I'll leave it until told to pull it.
trans.JPG

Lee

Adventurer
For those who hasn't seen the whole thing, it was Lee's image and the one Miceage posted.

The one on Miceage will probably be taken down.
Think so?
I doubt it. Uni isn't as agressive as Disney in such things.
The Potter 2 site plans got out and were never pulled, but of course, those were somewhat public documents/filings anyway...

lazyboy97o

MiceChat allowed the Fantasyland plans to stay up after being pulled from here and other sites. I think the cat is out of the bag and it may be time Universal just throws together an announcement.

HenryMystic

MiceChat allowed the Fantasyland plans to stay up after being pulled from here and other sites. I think the cat is out of the bag and it may be time Universal just throws together an announcement.
Well, if you look at the plans close enough, they are in preparation of an announcement (the irony.)

Tom

Beta Return
Well, if you look at the plans close enough, they are in preparation of an announcement (the irony.)
I see there is a date, but the resolution is not high enough for me to make it out.

Fans see this image and wet themselves, obviously. However, this piece of evidence is purely a publicity stunt.

The image seen is not a real blueprint. It's square, and there are NO square blueprint formats. This was designed to "leak" on the web and get all the fan boys worked up. And it's obviously working.

OR, someone completely fabricated this in Photoshop and "leaked" it themselves.

Regardless, this is not the front page of the set of blueprints. But, if it is legit press artwork, it was no accident that it's on the web, and there's no reason to take it down. This is "in your face" marketing at its best. Pure genius id Uni is behind it.

Mickey_777

I really used to like Universal but...

It just seems so incohesive now with a new ride here and a new land there (or way over there). I also see bells and whistles being added everywhere that don't really add to the overall enjoyment of the restort. IMO it's starting to feel cluttered over there at Universal Orlando.

"Hey let's stick some put-put golf courses under the bridge." OK.

"Hey let's build the second half of a land but inside of our other park." OK.

"Hey wouldn't it be cool if we had a boardwalk? Let's make one." OK.

"Hey Transformers is a success out in Hollywood. We have Spiderman but who cares let's bring it here too." OK.

Timekeeper

Fans see this image and wet themselves, obviously. However, this piece of evidence is purely a publicity stunt.

The image seen is not a real blueprint. It's square, and there are NO square blueprint formats. This was designed to "leak" on the web and get all the fan boys worked up. And it's obviously working.

Regardless, this is not the front page of the set of blueprints. But, if it is legit press artwork, it was no accident that it's on the web, and there's no reason to take it down. This is "in your face" marketing at its best. Pure genius id Uni is behind it.

Yes, yes, possibly but it's impossible to know for sure, and yes.

HenryMystic

Not blueprints. It's a package for an advertising firm to begin work on a campaign for the ride.

AmongMadPeople

Regardless, this is not the front page of the set of blueprints. But, if it is legit press artwork, it was no accident that it's on the web, and there's no reason to take it down. This is "in your face" marketing at its best. Pure genius if Uni is behind it.

Pure genius is exactly right. So clever I wish I'd thought of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom