Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

AswaySuller

Strange question, but do they aim for a certain time of year to open attractions...

For example with Movies they aim to get the BIG ones in the theatres for 4th July Weekend and summer is HUGE movie season... is their a similar "season" for rides and attractions?

redshoesrock

Strange question, but do they aim for a certain time of year to open attractions...

For example with Movies they aim to get the BIG ones in the theatres for 4th July Weekend and summer is HUGE movie season... is their a similar "season" for rides and attractions?

In a way it's kind of similar. If they *do* try to target an opening for a particular date, it's usually either open by summer (kids out of school - bigger audience) or open by November (the holidays - the Northerners flee the icy tundra and come to Florida - big audience).

cheezbat

So I'm wondering when the announcement will officially happen...then I'm sure we'll be hearing lots of "I told you so's."

Thrill Seeker

The more info we get, the more likely we'll be seeing Optimus Prime in 2013. I don't see how it isn't Transformers... It's not 100% clear cut like the Potter Expansion, but I'm at least 99% sure it's Transformers.

AswaySuller

I'm 99% certain we are seeing the most exciting times at Universal since IOA opened!

This may sound dumb and I'm not sure there will be a definitive answer but do Disney know what they're building yet? Surely they have insiders and already know what it is or isn't right?

lazyboy97o

This may sound dumb and I'm not sure there will be a definitive answer but do Disney know what they're building yet? Surely they have insiders and already know what it is or isn't right?
I think the problem with this sort of question is that there is no singular Disney anymore. It is a massive collection of people. It is probably a spectrum of people who do know and are interested to those who are completely clueless that even Jaws closed.

maxairmike

Here are a few pictures of the site from yesterday evening. I was in a slight rush to do some other things, so I'll try and go back another day when the light is better and I'm not rushing around for better pictures.

j8l8oi.jpg

2quniig.jpg

290ugro.jpg

As you can see, the site is dug out right to the edge of the wall for about 90% of the area, and the metal they are lining the site with (the purpose of them escapes me at the moment) along the Shrek side of the site is exactly the curb edge of the sidewalk along Monster's Cafe if you were to extend a straight line out beyond the walls. The tower crane has a very long boom that extends all the way out beyond Finnegans' building, but is not exceedingly tall. They currently appear to be digging the pit(s) in the area closest to Monster's Cafe.

Tom

Beta Return
j8l8oi.jpg

As you can see, the site is dug out right to the edge of the wall for about 90% of the area, and the metal they are lining the site with (the purpose of them escapes me at the moment) along the Shrek side of the site is exactly the curb edge of the sidewalk along Monster's Cafe if you were to extend a straight line out beyond the walls. The tower crane has a very long boom that extends all the way out beyond Finnegans' building, but is not exceedingly tall. They currently appear to be digging the pit(s) in the area closest to Monster's Cafe.

That metal is a temporary shoring system. A "retaining wall" of sorts. It's there to allow them to work at a lower elevation (installing foundations and utilities) while keeping the surroundings in tact, without letting them cave in.

When the finish the foundations, they'll remove that shoring and continue new pavement up to the new building.

Timekeeper

Okay, so here's a question for the Transformers disciples:

What direction do you think the main entrance/mural will face? Toward Shrek, the lagoon, New York, or Cafe?

I suppose the same question could be posed for whatever the attraction ends up being.

GLaDOS

What direction do you think the main entrance/mural will face? Toward Shrek, the lagoon, New York, or Cafe?

I suppose the same question could be posed for whatever the attraction ends up being.

It's TF. And it'll most likely be New York or Lagoon side. I'm guessing Lagoon.

Horizonsfan

Along with that, are we getting an exact copy of USH's facade or a more detailed version?

If it faces the lagoon or Shrek, they could easily use the same facade. If it faces NY, I'd think they'd want it to blend in a bit better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom