Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

maxairmike

Sure, trucks aren't great to have moving through guest areas, but if you have a 13 month timeline to meet and no other choice to get it done, what are you gonna do? I also didn't notice tire tracks the other night when I was at the park, so they must have a sweeper come through after every truck or they have something at the barrier.

lazyboy97o

Soundstage 44 is located right in the middle of the park. Waiting to work after hours would significantly slow down the work. I will not deny that it is a lousy decision in terms of experience but I am willing to be forgiving if this project turns out to be something grand.

Captain Chaos

So wait, Screamscape is now sure of it not being Transformers... So he was sure of it before he wasn't sure of it... Will he be sure of it again later this week???

I'm sticking to Transformers until proven otherwise... :)

cheezbat

So wait, Screamscape is now sure of it not being Transformers... So he was sure of it before he wasn't sure of it... Will he be sure of it again later this week???

I'm sticking to Transformers until proven otherwise... :)

Yeah...Lance's reasoning behind why it isn't Transformers is flawed...um, hello? Transformers uses an elevator lift system!!! How many other Universal attractions would need an oil drip catch area for an elevator?

Captain Chaos

Yeah...Lance's reasoning behind why it isn't Transformers is flawed...um, hello? Transformers uses an elevator lift system!!! How many other Universal attractions would need an oil drip catch area for an elevator?

Well, thinking about things, the permit didn't say elevator.. Only lift.. So all we can really determine from that is that SS44 will be a ride... not the perma-haunt walk through that was put out there.. yes, i still think it is Transformers... all signs point that way... I cannot imagine any other ride system in that foot print other than USH's version of TF...

HTF

Some one in the news and rumors world is losing their marbles. This is transformers. Now we wait to see where Kong will reside.

maxairmike

A crane is now on site... Hmm, vertical construction by August...

Yep, the crane came from Diamondback Hoist & Rigging and was waiting backstage for the park to clear out enough to get it through. If the rain holds off/stops long enough tomorrow, I may go try to grab a few pictures.

Captain Chaos

Maybe the crane is just part of some ellaborate HHN maze. It will randomly pick up people walking around the park and drop them into the maze ;)
That would be a horror for a lot of people that's for sure... hey, Universal does have some great thrill rides... Swinging Crane only ads to the fun!!!

Captain Chaos

Heard Sunday could be the day of the announcement, July 15... Anyone hear anything to back this up???

And the project will be 18 months to complete, opening around Christmas 2013????

maxairmike

I was hearing 13 months, which is very ambitious, but I don't see why they couldn't do it, especially for a cloned ride. 18 months would make sense with crowd timing, though, since 13 would push it to the back end of the summer crowd and into HHN that year. Early November to have full "technical rehearsals" makes a bit more sense than doing them in the middle of your summer rush as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom