Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Not just that but others have said Universal is trying to get away from Team Members being the characters in attractions, which means T2 isn't long for this world either... if they are trying to get away from that, then the haunted house idea from USH is a no go based on that... of course, I have no proof of this that Universal is moving in that direction, only going with what others have said...

But, what i think we can take into account is the fact that this project was fast tracked not only because the project is huge but also because Universal has a large sum of money sitting in the account and would have been hit with a huge tax bill from Uncle Sam... So, in order to take money off the books, this project was fast tracked to increase spending and lower the taxes that would have to be paid... again, take that with salt... No verifiable proof this is the case either... Just something else I read... Makes sense though...

T2-3D makes sense...the're paying, 5 actors salaries and liability for dozens of shows a week

nepalostparks

Trucks carrying gravel continue to access the lot during park hours, from the Beetlejuice gate.

SS44_truck.jpg

Are they driving dump trucks and other equipment across/over guest thoroughfares during park hours? Or is this image from a non-guest area?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Don't be so quick to dismiss a fast timeline. If they really want to, they could have this thing up in just over a year from opening (and they do want it up before Potter). Transformers in 13 months from the date of the permits is what I was told when the permits broke.

I am not dismissing a fast timeline, I said one year as a possility in my post. I definitly think they could have it built that fast if they want to. The point is even a year is to early to start paying for TV advertising for an attraction.

Captain Chaos

T2-3D makes sense...the're paying, 5 actors salaries and liability for dozens of shows a week

Which also them adds to Fear Factor (which probably won't be around long after Potter opens anyway) and Sinbad...

I think one thing we can all agree on: Comcast is a blessing in disguise for USO...

cheezbat

Which also them adds to Fear Factor (which probably won't be around long after Potter opens anyway) and Sinbad...

I think one thing we can all agree on: Comcast is a blessing in disguise for USO...

You could probably include Disaster and Poseidon's Fury in that too then...good 'ol Lonnie and Taylor. ;)

Not just that but others have said Universal is trying to get away from Team Members being the characters in attractions, which means T2 isn't long for this world either... if they are trying to get away from that, then the haunted house idea from USH is a no go based on that... of course, I have no proof of this that Universal is moving in that direction, only going with what others have said...

But, what i think we can take into account is the fact that this project was fast tracked not only because the project is huge but also because Universal has a large sum of money sitting in the account and would have been hit with a huge tax bill from Uncle Sam... So, in order to take money off the books, this project was fast tracked to increase spending and lower the taxes that would have to be paid... again, take that with salt... No verifiable proof this is the case either... Just something else I read... Makes sense though...

Just want to clarify: The performers in attractions like Poseidon, T2 and Disaster are from the entertainment department. I can't see them wanting to eliminate them in these particular attractions. I can see them wanting them out of Ride ops, hence closing Jaws.

Just my thoughts...

novawildcat18

You could probably include Disaster and Poseidon's Fury in that too then...good 'ol Lonnie and Taylor. ;)
You really think Disaster's going to go? I'm a huge fan of that attraction and so is everyone I've ever talked to about it. Both times I've been on it someone from my party has been chosen for the "movie".

Let's try that again, I can see them wanting to get rid of Jaws because the ops got spiel pay. The ops were acting, and not personnel from entertainment. I'm well aware that Jaws was part of ride ops, and had nothing to do with the entertainment division.

TalkingHead

They're driving in and out through the park during park hours, yes.

Which tells you how fast-tracked this project is.

I don't recall any other instances where construction trucks have been driven through guest areas during operating hours in any theme park.

novawildcat18

Which tells you how fast-tracked this project is.

I don't recall any other instances where construction trucks have been driven through guest areas during operating hours in any theme park.
While I am all for Universal's progress and quick development of new attractions, I think this is unprofessional. If Disney had construction trucks driven through guest areas during operating hours, people would be incredibly angry about it.

HenryMystic

While I am all for Universal's progress and quick development of new attractions, I think this is unprofessional. If Disney had construction trucks driven through guest areas during operating hours, people would be incredibly angry about it.
they don't look too out of place in New York, and everyone will be happy next year when they have a new e-ticket attraction to enjoy because of it.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Yeah, can't say I'm against the trucks moving throughout the day either. It really does work with the theme, as these aren't trucks going in and out of a place like Frontierland - it's New York. And the location makes things difficult too. I can't think of a fast-tracked project smack dab in the middle of a theme park requiring the work that's being done here.

nepalostparks

I agree with you, I find it a little surprising that they are moving heavy construction equipment through guest areas during the day. And you're right, if it were at Disney, I think we'd see a lot of posters giving them hell for it. It's one thing to be working behind a barrier where you can see it, it's another to actually impact guest flow.

I think the argument that dump trucks fit the New York theme is weak. I still wouldn't go to an a park and expect to be impeded by crossing dump trucks. Not to mention they aren't the cleanest in terms of exhaust and what they leave behind with their tires.

Not that it matters, they're going to run their business they way they see fit, and if they are pushing for a quick build, then so be it.

culturenthrills

If only Disney were capable of fast tracking anything anymore.

And that is the messed up thing. If Disney really wanted to there are many different attractions that they have the plans for that they could fast track for any of the parks at WDW if they wanted to but they won't.

So keep building away Universal and SeaWorld. More fun for the rest of us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom