Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

GLaDOS

Along with that, are we getting an exact copy of USH's facade or a more detailed version?

If it faces the lagoon or Shrek, they could easily use the same facade. If it faces NY, I'd think they'd want it to blend in a bit better.

I'd expect more than what USH got.

Timekeeper

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but my insiders tell me that it is going to be based on another incredibly popular property that has been around for over 30 years: Mannheim Steamroller 360. o_O

JT3000

Don't hold your breath. Dunno why you don't want it though. TF has been around for 30 years and is incredibly popular.

I don't know why he doesn't want it, but I think it's pretty meh myself. It doesn't provide anything that Spider-Man doesn't already, and when this thing opens, they might as well rename Production Central "3-D Land." It's redundant in several different ways.

GLaDOS

I don't know why he doesn't want it, but I think it's pretty meh myself. It doesn't provide anything that Spider-Man doesn't already, and when this thing opens, they might as well rename Production Central "3-D Land." It's redundant in several different ways.

The 3-D thing is a moot point at this point. You're not gonna see Uni go all out with an AA ride of this size. It's just not their game. Besides, I think Shrek will go sooner rather than later.

And I'd disagree that it doesn't offer anything Spider-man doesn't. There's a much greater sense of speed to the ride than Spidey, the queue is much better, and the location is perfect for it.

I dunno. Maybe I just don't get how people can't be excited for an E-ticket taking up a plot of land that used to be an empty building.

djlaosc

I dunno. Maybe I just don't get how people can't be excited for an E-ticket taking up a plot of land that used to be an empty building.

I guess the only reason is that you want them to not build that E Ticket there so that they don't spend the money on something that you don't like so that there is the potential for them to use that money to build something there that you would like at some unspecified point in the future!

GLaDOS

I guess the only reason is that you want them to not build that E Ticket there so that they don't spend the money on something that you don't like so that there is the potential for them to use that money to build something there that you would like at some unspecified point in the future!

The way the company is going, I think worrying about them not spending money is a big obtuse.

djlaosc

The way the company is going, I think worrying about them not spending money is a big obtuse.

I'm not saying that's what I think - it's just one way that I guess those who don't want Transformers are thinking - they want that space available for something that they want later - I can't wait for Transformers (and anything else they build)!

It's going to be an amazing decade (and beyond) at Universal!

JT3000

The 3-D thing is a moot point at this point. You're not gonna see Uni go all out with an AA ride of this size.

That's settling. AA's may not be Universal's strong suit, but they can't rely on screens all the time. They'll either make advancements in their use of other technologies, or they'll fall behind in the big picture.

Timekeeper

That's settling. AA's may not be Universal's strong suit, but they can't rely on screens all the time. They'll either make advancements in their use of other technologies, or they'll fall behind in the big picture.

Interesting point, and I can see what you're saying.

The use of screen-based attractions is one of my criticisms of EPCOT. Universe of Energy, Mission Space, Soarin, and a number of the World Showcase pavilions rely heavily on screens/videos as the underlying visual source of the attraction experience ...and it begins to feel pretty redundant. I prefer the "real" experience over the "simulator." Take Forbidden Journey, for example. The simulated segments are very well done and a lot of fun, but nothing beats the feeling of moving through a "real" life atmosphere. At least Spiderman/Transformers, like FJ, combine the two.

flynnibus

Premium Member
What would you prefer? Is your dislike based off of the A) Movies, B) Whole Franchise, or C) The actual attraction?

I am actually old enough to have collected and hunted for the original die cast toys. Just the mere rumor of a store having any transformers led to a mad dash to that store. Something a lot harder back before cell phones and the Internet :). I'm a diehard for the franchise. I do not like the bayformers really.

My reason for not wanting TF here is simply I think it offers so little over spidey and I'd rather they put in something more unique for the park.

Horizonsfan

I am actually old enough to have collected and hunted for the original die cast toys. Just the mere rumor of a store having any transformers led to a mad dash to that store. Something a lot harder back before cell phones and the Internet :). I'm a diehard for the franchise. I do not like the bayformers really.

My reason for not wanting TF here is simply I think it offers so little over spidey and I'd rather they put in something more unique for the park.

Ah gotcha. Personally, I try my hardest to enjoy the ride for what it is; and block out those horrible, horrible movies (it's fairly easy since Shia "I never know what is going on" LeBouf isn't there).

I get the feeling I'll have to do the same with Avatarland, should it ever open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom