Universal announces yet another major attraction, Disney taking a nap

The Conundrum

Nothings been officially cut. The economy has scaled back some minor theming that can be added later.

-Carsland restaurant has been cut
-Maliboomer was going to be replaced with a Parachute ride this was cut, -Maliboomer was going to then be removed and according to honor hunter and Al Lutz this may not even happen now.
-Major redressing of Screamin and King Triton's Carosel cut
-Added Gazebo area to Mickey's Funwheel cut
-Walt Disney Story attraction inside new park icon cut
-Replacing the concrete in PP with actual boardwalk wood cut
-Beer Garden Restuarant cut

There are addition rumors that Little Mermaid will not be receving as many AA's as it is supposed to and will simply be using video screens for portions of the ride as well. Which would be devestating.

And as I said, I believe any major builds at WDW will come after Phase 1 at DCA.

And as I said, this isn't a queue. WDW can start at any time but they won't.

jt04

-Carsland restaurant has been cut
-Maliboomer was going to be replaced with a Parachute ride this was cut, -Maliboomer was going to then be removed and according to blueskydisney this may not even happen now.
-Major redressing of Screamin and King Triton's Carosel cut
-Added Gazebo area to Mickey's Funwheel cut
-Walt Disney Story attraction inside new park icon cut
-Replacing the concrete in PP with actual boardwalk wood cut
-Beer Garden Restuarant cut

There are addition rumors that Little Mermaid will not be receving as many AA's as it is supposed to and will simply be using video screens for portions of the ride as well. Which would be devestating.

All unfounded rumors. The only "cuts" were stuff that did not make it past the blue sky stage which I don't consider those cuts. The Walt Disney story is back on last I heard. I suspect the Disney family caused that to be scaled back. They are building a new museum in northern Cali. Beer Garden was cut because they needed more seating for WoC. It never made it past blue sky.

I'm going to be honest, I prefer screens as done in the Finding Nemo at The Seas especially if those are eventually converted to 3D. Animatronics are overrated IMO in some cases.

The Conundrum

All unfounded rumors. The only "cuts" were stuff that did not make it past the blue sky stage which I don't consider those cuts. The Walt Disney story is back on last I heard. I suspect the Disney family caused that to be scaled back. They are building a new museum in northern Cali. Beer Garden was cut because they needed more seating for WoC. It never made it past blue sky..

Wow now your contradicting yourself in the same paragraph!

First you say its all unfoundeed rumors then you admit that some has been cut.

I dont care what you consider to be "blue sky", your personal speculation and that you "heard" projects are back on. Far more respectable and reliable sources say Disney Story, beer Garden, and Carsland Restaruant have been cut and those were all part of the original press rollout. That ain't bluesky buddy.

Animaniac93-98

This thread is till going on?

*Backs out slowly*

This is the thread that never ends
It just goes on and on my friends...

wait....I did that song already.

wait....I'm getting something....

'Cause you can't stop the thread
Ever since this old site began
A person found that if he could argue
He could shake up a man
And so their gonna and complain to
The best that they can today

'Cause you can stop
The motion of their view or
The reasons they whine
You can wonder if your gonna
But I'd never ask why

And it you try to calm them down
Their gonna spit in your eye and say
That you can't stop the thread!...

How's that?

Captain Chaos

Truth be told, you are a Uni apologist and Potterland defender. Hopefully Uni has learned from their failures. See, that would be an example of what I am talking about. Make sense?

Truth be told, I actually HATE Universal and will never step foot in there again... Maybe one more time but only to check out Potter.. Other than that, they get no business from me anymore...

Captain Chaos

Actually, Agent 86 can attest to how much we went back and forth last year over Universal and how guests are treated... I am far from an Universal apologist.. Far from it...

CaptainMichael

Just because someone notes that Carsland will be so much better than Potterland? Huh. :shrug:

When some claims to not renew passes over the announcement of MAJOR additions, a thread has lost all semblance of sense

I don't get the excitement and hoopla (HOOPLA) over Carsland. I don't see what justifies one movie having an entire land devoted to it. It seems like a cheap, easy, temporary fix if you ask me. Is Cars really more timeless than other PIXAR films? If they were going to go the PIXAR route, they should have just put in another PIXAR Place or a different land entirely...a whole land based on one movie? Really? Wal-Marting at it's finest...a whole land designed to sell movie merchandise. It's lazier than taking The Living Seas Pavillion and slapping a blue coat of paint and bunch of Nemo everywhere. There's synergy and there's just blatant marketing. Radiator Springs will probably be a great ride and would have worked in many scenarios.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is really much more than a land about Cars could ever hope to be, and it has the ability to expand also. Harry Potter is a cultural phenomenon both here and worldwide. It transcends books and movies and the young and old. It's going to be a place where you can actually experience the magical world all around you, and I have no doubt that it will be amazing. I've seen the concept art, and I've seen some of the facades, and I trust Lee's info. Comparing Harry Potter and a movie that came out a few years ago is apples and oranges.

btw, DCA is only getting these additions and renovations because it was not done right the first time. Iger didn't really make any groundbreaking decision here. It needed to be done, and if I had to guess, most of these things we're seeing built for DCA were already somewhat in the planning stages before Eisner stepped down.

agent86

Actually, Agent 86 can attest to how much we went back and forth last year over Universal and how guests are treated... I am far from an Universal apologist.. Far from it...

I can back up that claim. Although I can't recall what it was that DXER disliked about Universal, I do remember we disagreed regarding Universal's quality, value and level of service. I happen to feel that Universal gives Disney a strong run for their money and in many ways (more and more as time goes on actually) Universal surpasses Disney. I seem to recall DXER didn't feel that way at all about it.

CaptainMichael

I can back up that claim. Although I can't recall what it was that DXER disliked about Universal, I do remember we disagreed regarding Universal's quality, value and level of service. I happen to feel that Universal gives Disney a strong run for their money and in many ways (more and more as time goes on actually) Universal surpasses Disney. I seem to recall DXER didn't feel that way at all about it.

I think most people would surprised if they actually gave Universal a chance. The Studios side certainly outdoes DHS in theming, scope, and environment.

SirGoofy

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is really much more than a land about Cars could ever hope to be, and it has the ability to expand also. Harry Potter is a cultural phenomenon both here and worldwide. It transcends books and movies and the young and old. It's going to be a place where you can actually experience the magical world all around you, and I have no doubt that it will be amazing. I've seen the concept art, and I've seen some of the facades, and I trust Lee's info. Comparing Harry Potter and a movie that came out a few years ago is apples and oranges.

I completely agree. Cars was a very, very mediocre film, and no where near the level I expect from Pixar. Potter is a phenomenon. Calling it anything less would do the franchise a complete disservice.

I think most people would surprised if they actually gave Universal a chance. The Studios side certainly outdoes DHS in theming, scope, and environment.

Agreed. Plus, I'll just list some things where Uni trumps WDW.

MIB>BLSRS & TSM
Jurassic Park>Dino
Mythos>Disney's in Park dining
Spider-man>Anything

The Conundrum

I completely agree. Cars was a very, very mediocre film, and no where near the level I expect from Pixar. Potter is a phenomenon. Calling it anything less would do the franchise a complete disservice.

MIB>BLSRS & TSM
Jurassic Park>Dino
Spider-man>Anything

Couldn't say it better myself

Captain Chaos

it was something about service and all that mumbo jumbo.. Water under the bridge... I will give credit where it is do, and Universal is doing a lot of things BETTER than Disney lately.. I will hand them that... Not apologizing for the parks at all.. Just calling it how I see it... Thanks for the back up ther Agent..

teebin

MIB>BLSRS & TSM
Jurassic Park>Dino
Spider-man>Anything

I agree absolutely. WDW has them hands down when it comes to expectations and the castle wow factor and size of and control of property. Main Street USA is the quintessential end of the rainbow for a kazillion people. BUT, UNI creates many far greater ride experiences for teens and adults. On the other hand, Uni is hardly a dream destination for the average tourist to Orlando. key word: "dream"

EpcotServo

Jurassic Park>Dino

Are you kidding me? I'll take Countdown, broken effects, bad name and all, over River Adventure with scummy water, disappointing drop, bad effects (In Orlando), and Barely moving Dinosaurs with wires hanging out of their necks.
:lol::brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom