Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

Bairstow

Just playing devil's advocate here (and I'm sure someone has probably already mentioned this), but hearing Iger say this three months ago makes me think that this would not happen... (go to 3:52)

Iger doesn't seem to be at all familiar with the attraction or the fan reaction to it.
From his remarks, it seems as though he thought the current, third version of the attraction has made the fans happy because of the addition of Figment.

Figments Friend

Want to now how much this Pavilion means to me...?

So much so, i made sure i took a piece of it home when the Original was gutted.....

For those who do not know what this is...

It is a filmstrip that was used in the Original attraction of two of the filmed scenes that appeared in the grand Finale room.
This particular one features the two scenes of Figment as a cowboy and swiss mountain climber.
The reason the images are compressed looking is so one projector can be used to play two scenes each via a Cinemascope lens, which expanded the image to normal.
Yet another stroke of genius regarding the design of the Original.

Several such scenes were used in the finale of the attraction.

Figment stood on a spool of movie film and sang a rousing, marching-band style version of the attractions theme song. He was joined by a chorus of himself via large movie screens on the walls behind him.
In each scene he is letting his imagination run wild and plays many different dream roles - sea captain, scientist, dancer, superhero, weightlifter, mountain climber, cowboy, and more.

It was a terrific way to end the journey, showing everyone that you CAN be anything you want to be with a little spark of inspiration.

A photo to refresh the memories...you can just barely see the cowboy segment on the right hand screen.

I keep this filmstrip to remind me of what was...and what happened...and what hopefully could one day be again.
(in spirit, not a complete re-creation..).

Last edited:

PalisadesPkteer

Again, there's no reason to suspect that they would close the current attraction unless it was to upgrade or replace it.

...which means there's no reason to suspect that they would close the current attraction.
You do realize of course that they could re-purpose it into an other festival / convention space. Just like they did with WoL. Actually, this IS probably what they will end up doing.

So, as bad as it is - ride it now - they may take it away for ever.

Bairstow

You do realize of course that they could re-purpose it into an other festival / convention space. Just like they did with WoL. Actually, this IS probably what they will end up doing.

So, as bad as it is - ride it now - they may take it away for ever.

I dunno. Wonders of Life took a lot more people to run and didn't have such a profitable little merch shop.

How much space does Events even need, anyway? Last I heard they weren't utilizing all of Odyssey or the Millennium Village for the festivals.
Without any existing kitchen infrastructure, or even large restrooms, is Imagination even attractive to them?

flynnibus

Premium Member

WoL and Imagination are setup very differently. WoL had a large open atrium for which it's attractions branched off of. Imagination got rid of their open space a long time ago. Imageworks area isn't very accessible and is also very segmented. I don't think Imagination offers nearly the same re-usability. Maybe as meeting or private lounges... but they already have lots of that around EPCOT.

FigmentsFangirl

So; do we have any confirmation ? Oh, and I just wanted to share these two images I got of Figment and Dr Channing!

100_1711.jpg

100_1710.jpg

Took them on my last trip. I often wonder what is in Figments suitcase!

Please excuse the white mark on the second picture, was trying to avoid camera flash on the image directly.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Just playing devil's advocate here (and I'm sure someone has probably already mentioned this), but hearing Iger say this three months ago makes me think that this would not happen... (go to 3:52)

Also said eo would not return when mj died. Being a man of his word isn't one of his strong suits.

Beholder

Let a significant book publisher (E books?) or book store (Amazon, B&N) sponsor the JII pavilion and there you go, unlimited material for your "imagination". And the gift shop? Fill it with books, nooks, kindles, whatever. When I think of the ultimate inspiration for my own personal imagination, I think of books. Just my wish list.

Figments Friend

-

I thought i would share these photos of the wonderful mural that used to be present in the original Imagination Pavilion back in the day.
I talked about this mural earlier in the thread, but seeing these images may be interesting to those who missed experiencing the Original Attraction.

It was a beautiful piece of artwork. Absolutely loved the design work...and the color palette.
Perfectly in harmony with the entire feel and concept of the original Pavilion, and ride.
This mural, as well as the ride it represents, is indeed sorely missed.

Overall view of most of the mural in the loading area -

Detail to the left of the main mural..floating about....

A closer look at the intricate work that went into making this design.
The more you stare...the more you find....like all the best works of WED's past....

View of the right hand spread of the mural, above the ride's entrance tunnel.

A closer view of that section of the mural, showing the ride's finale scene.

willtravel

I dunno. Wonders of Life took a lot more people to run and didn't have such a profitable little merch shop.

How much space does Events even need, anyway? Last I heard they weren't utilizing all of Odyssey or the Millennium Village for the festivals.
Without any existing kitchen infrastructure, or even large restrooms, is Imagination even attractive to them?
Where is Millennium Village at?

rael ramone

I've posted it before, but it's nice central location between the two halves is perfect for executive parking :mad::eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom