Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

rd805

Last i heard Pillsbury was taking over --- new re-imagined theme as well. Figment eats the Pillsbury doughboy, but the doughboy is still cognizant inside Figment, melding their mind's together where Figment is now inside THE Doughboy's Imagination.

Captain Chaos

Last i heard Pillsbury was taking over --- new re-imagined theme as well. Figment eats the Pillsbury doughboy, but the doughboy is still cognizant inside Figment, melding their mind's together where Figment is now inside THE Doughboy's Imagination.
Wasn't the doughboy... it was Stay Puft Marshmallow Man... Think of the marketing... the plush dolls... the marshmallow treats to be sold!

1002569-ghostbusters_stay_puft_marshmallow_man_bank_1.jpg

SirNim

Wasn't the doughboy... it was Stay Puft Marshmallow Man... Think of the marketing... the plush dolls... the marshmallow treats to be sold!
"Build-Your-Own-Marshmallow-Treats"... pick your shape... blast it with some edible glitter and cotton candy inside some sort of crazy contraption with an air compressor... dip it in chocolate... whatever your heart desires.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
But WHY? If Disney psses off enough people they are going to start going to closer places like Dutch Wonderland and then eventually nobody will have a job. At least that is how American business is supposed to work. As for 20,000 leagues, might it have been possible to have made it an extra-fee experience, like some parks have, to reduce the crowds and help pay the expenses? meanwhile, also make a transparent tube walk through of 20,000 so that people who don't pay a fee can still get some of the experience. After all, the Pittsburgh Zoo has a tube why can't Disney? It sounds like these imagineers not only want to upset each other but they want to upset customers too.

Trust me the Imagineers hate this more than we do, Biggest problem is that Disney picked up a retail guy Paul Pressler who thought that the only moving parts in the parks should be cash register drawers, Jay Rasulo who is likely to succeed Iger has embraced this worldview and the parks have been cheapened and 'mallified' through the years to their current low state.

If you want to see what Imagineers are still capable of you need to visit DisneySea in Tokyo, DL Hong Kong and DL Paris, DL in Anaheim is still good but it pales in comparison to the parks run under license and since its owned by DIsney it is subject to the malign influence of Iger and his boyo's

wdwmomma10

The first time I actually REMEMBER going to EPCOT was when I was in the 8th grade. At that point they still had the WoL pavilion (which I loved!!!) open. That's what I always thought EPCOT was supposed to be about....learning. I miss the EPCOT of "old." Why can we not get something awesome back? I mean...they brought back EO (ugh) why not bring back something we ACTUALLY want?? I

willtravel

IMHO, FotLK is so worth it! MY boyfriend enjoyed it immensely on our last trip. :) Acrobatics, crowd participation, great singing, and fun!
I also remember Tarzan Rocks from when I was quite younger. That was a great show and I was so sad to see it go. Nemo....well, I won't touch that one. HAHA!
I agree with you. I thought Tarzan Rocks was a great one of a kind show. I do miss it also. Whenever I saw the show, all I kept thinking about was, I can't climb steps without tripping...... :hilarious: For me, those were the days.

The first time I actually REMEMBER going to EPCOT was when I was in the 8th grade. At that point they still had the WoL pavilion (which I loved!!!) open. That's what I always thought EPCOT was supposed to be about....learning. I miss the EPCOT of "old." Why can we not get something awesome back? I mean...they brought back EO (ugh) why not bring back something we ACTUALLY want?? I

Yea like bring back HISTA...I miss that so bad!

Goofyernmost

I agree! I remember having the crap scared out of me on that ride...but it was worth it!
After my third of forth visit to HISTA, I would look at the audience during the Lab Rat release and just watch them or if I brought someone new, it would just plain send me into hysterics just watching their reaction. I don't understand the lack of love for that show. Yes, it was dated in the sense that the original franchise had long since died off, but the story was still there, you didn't have to see the movie to understand it and it was interactive and funny. There are days when you just can't please some people.

Last edited:

wdwmomma10

I remember HISTK from my childhood. Disney always wants everybody to "feel like a kid"....well then...bring back some of the 80's stuff and maybe I'll feel a little more childlike! haha.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom