Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

Communicore

They should just close the entire FW, demolish everything and rebuild from scratch and call it Pixar Future or something like that. It just depresses me seeing the 80's remnants in there being desecrated.

fbp

As was discussed in this thread earlier - It makes sense that The Muppets would be moving into the Imagination pavilion. Rumours surrounding the DHS redo of The Muppets possibly moving from their current location to an unexpected and perhaps unpleasant to WDW purists tastes?

I think they sell Muppets merch in the current Imagination gift shop - not that this means anything with the current organization of merch sales.

lobelia

I hate the clutter in the future world landing. I think many of the new colors in future world are gaudy. What is wrong with white with impeccable fixtures? I'm very tired of purple, pink, and orange. I don't think everything has to be brightly colored. I like the mosaic at the entrance of Land though.

Energy, I still enjoy but it's certainly getting a little outdated. I'm not passionate about it. I'm also not passionate about Test Track. New or old. Just not my thing. The Seas is ok. Although I have seen some great aquariums and this doesn't come close. They could do better.

I like Mission Space the ride and the frontage. I think the intro video needs updated. I do think a great planetarium show would be an asset. I would love an exhibit that showed all of the current space exploration and planned exploration. How about a live feed from the space station so we can see the research they are doing? I am fascinated by the Mars Rovers. I think there are many of us out there. Let's add an exhibit of photos and prototypes. Space is cool.

If nothing else, this conversation has made me aware that I am one of a few who wouldn't be bothered if Figment disappeared. I wouldn't want him replaced with a princess or a Pixar character but I wouldn't lose any sleep if an updated exhibit was without him. I guess I am just not impressed with characters in conjunction with the topic of the future. Nothing says future like a purple dragon.

Wikkler

They should just close the entire FW, demolish everything and rebuild from scratch and call it Pixar Future or something like that. It just depresses me seeing the 80's remnants in there being desecrated.
Congratulations... Disney pretty much thinks that the future is dominated by talking animals...

Monsters, Inc. in Tommorrowland...
Finding Nemo in Future World...

aladdin2007

As was discussed in this thread earlier - It makes sense that The Muppets would be moving into the Imagination pavilion. Rumours surrounding the DHS redo of The Muppets possibly moving from their current location to an unexpected and perhaps unpleasant to WDW purists tastes?

I think they sell Muppets merch in the current Imagination gift shop - not that this means anything with the current organization of merch sales.

yes they do, a sign of things to come maybe?
For some reason, seeing the Muppets take over Imagination Im all for. I dont know why, it just seems like a good fit. But when I think Epcot and Muppets, I think no way no thank you doesnt belong. But when I think Imagination pavilion and muppets I think it could be really good and well done in that location and they could still blend in figment with the muppets. Heck its a lot better and more timeless than P&F stuff that would just cater to the kids and be stale in 5 years. At least the muppets somewhat goes for all ages. I guess theres pros and cons no matter what. But if I had to choose if they were not going to do an all new Imagination with Figment, I would take the Muppets any day over P&F.

ToTBellHop

Congratulations... Disney pretty much thinks that the future is dominated by talking animals...

Well, clown fish don't currently speak English, so maybe that is the future...

As for Monsters, Inc., you got me. If it makes you feel better, they have Monsters Inc even in the "flawless" TDL's Tomorrowland. And they can do no wrong (many here would say). It's also likely expanding to DL's Tomorrowland to replace EO.

FigmentJedi

Technically Monsters are horribly mutated hominids according to the Monster History thing on the MI DVD.

Oddysey

I like Mission Space the ride and the frontage. I think the intro video needs updated. I do think a great planetarium show would be an asset. I would love an exhibit that showed all of the current space exploration and planned exploration. How about a live feed from the space station so we can see the research they are doing? I am fascinated by the Mars Rovers. I think there are many of us out there. Let's add an exhibit of photos and prototypes. Space is cool.

If nothing else, this conversation has made me aware that I am one of a few who wouldn't be bothered if Figment disappeared. I wouldn't want him replaced with a princess or a Pixar character but I wouldn't lose any sleep if an updated exhibit was without him. I guess I am just not impressed with characters in conjunction with the topic of the future. Nothing says future like a purple dragon.

Am I the only other person who read the above underlined portion in a Bill Nye voice?

Disneyhead'71

Don't care about Figment. But I think closing the pavilion indefinitely like WoL is a big mistake. I believe they get away with WoL sitting unused because it is out of the way and sort of hidden. The Imagination Pavilion is a bit harder to hide.
I say gut the place and put in "TRON BATTLE" laser tag and call it good.

Captain Neo

Does Buzz make as much sense as Captain EO & Star Wars?

No. Captain Eo and Star Wars depict technologically advanced civilizations and space travel. Monsters Inc. is a cartoon about monsters living in their own world and interacting with modern day children.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom