Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

fbp

No. Captain Eo and Star Wars depict technologically advanced civilizations and space travel. Monsters Inc. is a cartoon about monsters living in their own world and interacting with modern day children.

I'm not sure. What's the 'theme' for Discoveryland for you? For me it's Wells and Verne, who wrote of space travel yes, but also of strange new creatures and contemporary exploits.

Either way - Autopia, nope. :)

FigmentJedi

In the future - if the Pixar unified theory is correct.
No, the monsters ancestors were mistreated by cavemen. When they were transformed, they started scaring humanity in an act of revenge and became all the monsters in mythology, though they had a longer way to travel before the door system was created. That "Sulley carving" in the Witch's cottage is probably a memento from when the witch (who is really no different from Merlin or Genie as far as "Disney Magic Users that spout anachronisms") made a deal with an ancestral Sullivan and taught him how to create magic doors, allowing monsters to go between the human world and the monster world pocket dimension easily. "Supernatural" beings have to look out for one another after all with humans starting to expand.

There's nothing in any Pixar movie to imply time-travel, that guy was pulling a bunch of stuff out of his butt. Also, any of those theories that force Cars in as a post-apocalypse thing are just forcing a square peg into a round hole. It's just an alternate universe or maybe what Hot Wheels experience during playtime ala Toy Story 3's opening.

Fairybuzz

yes they do, a sign of things to come maybe?
For some reason, seeing the Muppets take over Imagination Im all for. I dont know why, it just seems like a good fit. But when I think Epcot and Muppets, I think no way no thank you doesnt belong. But when I think Imagination pavilion and muppets I think it could be really good and well done in that location and they could still blend in figment with the muppets. Heck its a lot better and more timeless than P&F stuff that would just cater to the kids and be stale in 5 years. At least the muppets somewhat goes for all ages. I guess theres pros and cons no matter what. But if I had to choose if they were not going to do an all new Imagination with Figment, I would take the Muppets any day over P&F.

I agree with you there. Muppets definitely have a more timeless presence than PF. But Either way will at least be a disappointment to me not to see the dreamfinder return.

Clever Name

Wasnt that the excuse for horizons to go?
As others have pointed out that was just a legend. The real reason is that TWDC began to notice that more and more guests were bored to death by Horizons. In good conscience Disney closed the attraction before any serious illness or injuries were caused. They also experienced a very similar problem over at World of Motion.

Vader2112

No, the monsters ancestors were mistreated by cavemen. When they were transformed, they started scaring humanity in an act of revenge and became all the monsters in mythology, though they had a longer way to travel before the door system was created. That "Sulley carving" in the Witch's cottage is probably a memento from when the witch (who is really no different from Merlin or Genie as far as "Disney Magic Users that spout anachronisms") made a deal with an ancestral Sullivan and taught him how to create magic doors, allowing monsters to go between the human world and the monster world pocket dimension easily. "Supernatural" beings have to look out for one another after all with humans starting to expand.

There's nothing in any Pixar movie to imply time-travel, that guy was pulling a bunch of stuff out of his butt. Also, any of those theories that force Cars in as a post-apocalypse thing are just forcing a square peg into a round hole. It's just an alternate universe or maybe what Hot Wheels experience during playtime ala Toy Story 3's opening.
:eek::cyclops:

misterID

As others have pointed out that was just a legend. The real reason is that TWDC began to notice that more and more guests were bored to death by Horizons. In good conscience Disney closed the attraction before any serious illness or injuries were caused. They also experienced a very similar problem over at World of Motion.

BS.

There's more than one reason they pulled the plug on Horizons. ONE - No Sponsorship (as is evident, the death knell), which made it become seasonal, TWO they scrapped the planned refurb and THREE Imagineers wanted the plot for "their" rides and skewed feedback, verified by someone who heard it from TWO IMAGINEERS.

I know its the internet, but let's not get silly spreading personal opinion as fact.

Big C 73

BS.

There's more than one reason they pulled the plug on Horizons. ONE - No Sponsorship (as is evident, the death knell), which made it become seasonal, TWO they scrapped the planned refurb and THREE Imagineers wanted the plot for "their" rides and skewed feedback, verified by someone who heard it from TWO IMAGINEERS.

I know its the internet, but let's not get silly spreading personal opinion as fact.

Amen brother.

Clever Name

Imaaaaaaaaaaaaagination is the BEST song to get stuck in your head. Imaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagination!!
I agree:

a62683.jpg

willtravel

BS.

Just curious if you or anyone knows how much of WDW attractions are sponsored? If that is the criteria to keep an attraction open or for it to go seasonal because of no sponsorship......:eek:

FigmentsFangirl

From an example of the remade Test Track {which I honestly enjoy more then the original version to be honest! Reminds me so much of TRON Legacy but with a car instead of a lightcycle}, it seems that some sponsors can sponsor pretty much everything on the ride, even the ride construction itself for all wek now.

But what company currently sponsors Figment ?

aladdin2007

From an example of the remade Test Track {which I honestly enjoy more then the original version to be honest! Reminds me so much of TRON Legacy but with a car instead of a lightcycle}, it seems that some sponsors can sponsor pretty much everything on the ride, even the ride construction itself for all wek now.

But what company currently sponsors Figment ?

None, which is why this is kinda scary and because its all in Disney's hands, which makes one a bit nervous with their track record, especially in Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom