Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

RSoxNo1

If this was a major concern ( lack of a line) - they'd just run at reduced capacity to boost the wait and time in the queue. i've Never meant a guest that was disappointed that their wAit was too short. So not sure who is not getting what they want in your description.
There's value for Disney in a guest being in line. Sure there's more value to that guest being in a shop, but it allows them to increase capacity. One of the reasons that Star Tours: Adventures Continue did better in Disneyland is that guests had to prioritize it there. They had to plan their day around the new experience. The same wasn't true in Hollywood Studios where it had 50% more capacity.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
My wording gave you the wrong idea. By "special" I didn't mean as in something unique that you can't ride anywhere else. I meant the actual experience isn't that great. The intense version nauseates me a bit, while the less intense version is just boring to me. It just isn't a ride that makes me say "Wow, I can not wait to ride it again!" And thats a shame because the technology is so unique and advanced, yet the ride itself isn't that great.

Get me a joystick and a helmet with a TV screen....put me on the teacups ride...BAM! Mission:Space in MK

doctornick

I honestly wish there were family rides in the Space and Transportation pavillions.... :(

Agreed. They would be better off as "pavillions" and have other attractions to engage guests. Especially with something like "Space", there is a ton of good options that can be used.

The Jr Autopia idea -- especially if they used futuric "Tron" type cars that were electric -- which was part of Project Gemeni would be a nice addition to flesh out Test Track's theme.

flynnibus

Premium Member
There's value for Disney in a guest being in line. Sure there's more value to that guest being in a shop, but it allows them to increase capacity

Park capacity is 'increased' by occupying guests in a space. If this were an issue with M:S, they'd just reduce capacity and make the attraction hold people longer. I get what you are trying to say - I just don't think the concern exists in practice here. Would they love an attraction that draws even more guests? Absolutely.. always. But the fact the attraction is efficent at turning over it's attracted guests 'too well' I don't think is an issue here.. because if it were, Disney could simply 'fix' it. And while in marketing/retail having a line is often desirable..(it attracts attention).. I think that factor is less for a theme park attraction.

One of the reasons that Star Tours: Adventures Continue did better in Disneyland is that guests had to prioritize it there. They had to plan their day around the new experience. The same wasn't true in Hollywood Studios where it had 50% more capacity.

Personally I don't agree - the attractions location and the demographics I think play a larger role.. but its hard to argue abstracts like this one.

flynnibus

Premium Member
My wording gave you the wrong idea. By "special" I didn't mean as in something unique that you can't ride anywhere else. I meant the actual experience isn't that great. The intense version nauseates me a bit, while the less intense version is just boring to me. It just isn't a ride that makes me say "Wow, I can not wait to ride it again!" And thats a shame because the technology is so unique and advanced, yet the ride itself isn't that great.

Ok

Personally.. I too can only tolerate the attraction so much (age kills our thrill tolerance :( ) but I admire the attraction for what it is, and for the ambition behind it.

Wikkler

My plans for the pavillions...
Spaceship Earth - I'm sorry, JibJab isn't futuristic. Rip it out.
Innoventions - Boring exhibits IMHO, the ones at my local science museum are better.
Universe of Energy - Add an Einstein attraction and maybe a Fossil Fuels Cafe.
Wonders of Life - I don't need to elaborate.
Mission: SPACE - Add a family ride. I have no idea which one, just make a ride that doesn't make people sick.
Test Track - Add the Jr. Autopia and a restaurant
Imagination! - Oh dear god, bring back Dreamfinder!
The Land - Perfect!
The Seas - Remove the talking fish and bring this pavillion back to its futuristic roots.

The Empress Lilly

Mission: Space ambitious?

How's this for ambitious, the 1982 version of the space pavilion, that unfortunately remainded sponsorless:

originalspacepavilion.jpg

Epcot_Space_Pavillion_Bradbury.jpg

space-pavillion.jpg

space_pavilion.jpg

ChrisFL

Premium Member
M:S also has a disctinction of having a split family experience....older kids adults can go on the ride, small kids can play in the post-show but there's not much to bridge the gap.

afar28

Mission: Space ambitious?

How's this for ambitious, the 1982 version of the space pavilion, that unfortunately remainded sponsorless:

originalspacepavilion.jpg

Epcot_Space_Pavillion_Bradbury.jpg

space-pavillion.jpg

space_pavilion.jpg
Wow that would've been awesome. It just bothers me how Disney is set on not building ANYTHING at Epcot without a sponsor. If they thought otherwise and built things without sponsors, we would still have Wonders of Life and Horizons :(

Figments Friend

What happened to Imagination makes me weep. I for one liked the 'educational' style and although Ellen is funny once or twice, I miss the old UOE....

Radok Screen FTW...!
What a amazing pre-show concept that was...with the kinetic blocks.

THAT needs to be re-utilized somewhere again....should be easier and less expensive now with today*s tech.

Figments Friend

The colour scheme for Imagination is set in stone. Blue for Dreamfinder, combined with royal purple for Figment.

332502409_95aca4d624_z.jpg

'He's royal purple pigment' - Figment's colour scheme was adopted for the entire park.

I thought it was *John Hench Purple* that made the rounds on many of the buildings at EPCOT...
;)

Nice photo showing a excellent example of the original color palette for the pavilion.
Always loved that great color combo. The original mural inside the loading area was stunning.
I was just saying to myself the other day that Disney should break out the concept art or good photos of that and sell that great mural as fine art in one of their art galleries.

Fans would eat that up ....

EPCOT used to have some stunning murals inside the Pavilions. The Land*s original *sky* pattern, the famous mega-mural at the exit area of Horizons...is the fine art of painting such things lost on today*s Guests?
Sure seems so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom