Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Included in admission ticket. Not charged as separate admission.

I think that's the point. You had to pay for admission to the park to see them. The lights are a seasonal draw and help drive up attendance numbers at DHS. If they display them at DTD then anyone could just drive up and park and see them for free with no direct economic benefit to WDW. I'm really thinking more about locals then the tourist crowd who are going to have their multi-day passes either way. One solution could be to charge a fee for parking while the lights are up at DTD. Anyone with a valid park ticket for that day or a season pass would still park free. More of a charge for locals who just want to see the lights. That may not go over well with the vendors who open up stores and restaurants there, but having a true attraction should boost visitors even if some are turned off by paying for parking.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
LeFou's Brew was popular with my travelling party last year.
My Sister-in-law has an official Brew Countdown going - 66 days!

the.dreamfinder

The perfect compliment for a Dole whip is a giant turkey leg. :cool:
diabeetus.jpg

pumpkin7

Say whaaaaaa???

Truth be told, in it's current state, it's probably better closed while they do it up. However, it depends on whether they do actually update JIYI or whether they just close and forget about it, and it becomes buddies with the WOL Pavillion.

Lets hope they do something worth while to it. And turn it into a people eater!

MerlinTheGoat

This was posted recently by WDW1974 in his thread here-
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/two-spirited-quickees.868723/

While I will concede that it would be quite an accomplishment for them to somehow make the ride any worse than the current abomination presently there, I hope very much that they don't theme it to Phineas and Ferb as the article (and another topic here) stated.

I hope they go with something more like the original ride (which I honestly think still holds up watching it on Martin's tribute). Hopefully Figment will remain, and I also wish they'd bring Dreamfinder back. And for that matter, hoping the original theme song can remain as well.

I'm ALSO hoping they return the original track length as well, I believe they shortened the original length by about a third for version 2 and 3. And open the upstairs area back up.

I hope a year is a long enough time to get some serious work done. At least it's not as major as building an entirely new ride building and everything. But Disney has become notoriously slow at building things in recent years and I hope they can do some quick and major work in such little time.

PolynesianPrincess

If they turn it into something Phineus and Ferb, I will NEVER ride it. The thing I liked about Epcot before they trasnformed the seas into Nemo was that Future World had NO Disney character themed rides. They were all themed to other things like transportation (World of Motion) the ocean (the Living Seas) Energy (Universe of Energy) and Imagination. The original Imagination pavilion was amazing. Nothing they can do will compare unless they bring it back completely as it was done before. I don't mind the addition of Nemo to the seas, as it helps keep the children's attention but if they start changing the attractions to Disney character themed rides, I for one will be pretty upset.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom