Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

Figgy1

Premium Member
If they turn it into something Phineus and Ferb, I will NEVER ride it. The thing I liked about Epcot before they trasnformed the seas into Nemo was that Future World had NO Disney character themed rides. They were all themed to other things like transportation (World of Motion) the ocean (the Living Seas) Energy (Universe of Energy) and Imagination. The original Imagination pavilion was amazing. Nothing they can do will compare unless they bring it back completely as it was done before. I don't mind the addition of Nemo to the seas, as it helps keep the children's attention but if they start changing the attractions to Disney character themed rides, I for one will be pretty upset.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

devoy1701

Thanks! I think LOL I hope they bring back the original ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's enough P&F in the parks already, but my ds begs to differ:rolleyes:

I doubt we'll see the original attraction back. If for no other reason because Bob told us a year or two ago that "Dreamfinder is not coming back" at that event they held at the Contemporary and he'd probably rather stick it to us than eat his own words.

Zman-ks

I can't say I am surprised....but I hope they bring back the original ride too. :)
75.gif

Figgy1

Premium Member
If they turn it into something Phineus and Ferb, I will NEVER ride it. The thing I liked about Epcot before they trasnformed the seas into Nemo was that Future World had NO Disney character themed rides. They were all themed to other things like transportation (World of Motion) the ocean (the Living Seas) Energy (Universe of Energy) and Imagination. The original Imagination pavilion was amazing. Nothing they can do will compare unless they bring it back completely as it was done before. I don't mind the addition of Nemo to the seas, as it helps keep the children's attention but if they start changing the attractions to Disney character themed rides, I for one will be pretty upset.
And Figment should be out doing meet and greets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MerlinTheGoat

I doubt we'll see the original attraction back. If for no other reason because Bob told us a year or two ago that "Dreamfinder is not coming back" at that event they held at the Contemporary and he'd probably rather stick it to us than eat his own words.
To be completely fair, 2+ years is quite some time.

Not that i'm expecting Dreamfinder to actually return (i'm not), but things change quickly in the company. Certainly not expecting the actual original ride to return at least.

74 said he heard Tony Baxter was "poking around" on the project. I don't know what the extent of his role is on this project, but I hope it's substantial.

BTW, I wonder if that blog stole the Imagination redo info from 74, there's also a topic about P&F on this forum too (probably combined the two together).

devoy1701

To be completely fair, 2+ years is quite some time.

Not that i'm expecting Dreamfinder to actually return (i'm not), but things change quickly in the company. Certainly not expecting the actual original ride to return at least.

74 said he heard Tony Baxter was "poking around" on the project. I don't know what the extent of his role is on this project, but I hope it's substantial.

c'mon....Bob has too big of an ego to allow himself to be called a liar! :facepalm:

MerlinTheGoat

c'mon....Bob has too big of an ego to allow himself to be called a liar! :facepalm:
He already has been though, not much to stop that at this point. Didn't he say a few years back that after the Fantasyland expansion they were going to heavily reduce the money invested in the parks? And since that comment was made, we've now got two major new projects happening at AK and DHS starting quite soon.

As I recall, Iger also stated that he would be bringing back traditionally animated feature films. That was one of the things that initially endeared him to Disney fans when he first started out. He's now killed it off once again in favor of CGI only for future projects.

GLaDOS

You guys are crazy if you expect the old ride back. Anyways, who would want that? I get the nostalgia, but, it really isn't going to hold up too well to today's audience. Sorry, we aren't the main market. My only crazy wish is for a new ride system.

I don't agree the old ride wouldn't hold up to today's standards. Obviously it would need effect upgrades here and there, but the continued popularity of rides like Haunted Mansion and Pirates show that old school, highly detailed rides are still in demand for people.

With that being said, I seriously doubt anything even close to the original's level of detail and scale will come to the pavilion ever again. Disney no longer has that kind of ambition when it comes to Epcot.

bhg469

Phineas and Ferb is popular.... Now... Securing its own pavilion and attraction would be a huge mistake because it will never have the staying power that would justify one. I get that people like it, and I get why it took over the KP stuff in world showcase but it shouldn't go any further.

MerlinTheGoat

You guys are crazy if you expect the old ride back. Anyways, who would want that? I get the nostalgia, but, it really isn't going to hold up too well to today's audience. Sorry, we aren't the main market. My only crazy wish is for a new ride system.
I don't think anyone expects the old ride back actually. Something similar would be nice, but no one is thinking they're going to just rebuild it just like it was. Though I disagree about it not holding up. I think had they continued to plus the original ride in logical ways, and not sabotaged its attendance like they did near the end of its lifespan, it would have still attracted many guests even today.

If the ride is only closing for a year, I highly doubt we're going to end up getting a new ride system. I'm guessing a year wouldn't cut it for that kind of project. I'm not even sure how much of an improvement over the current ride we could expect in one year given how slow to build Disney has become...

I don't agree the old ride wouldn't hold up to today's standards. Obviously it would need effect upgrades here and there, but the continued popularity of rides like Haunted Mansion and Pirates show that old school, highly detailed rides are still in demand for people.

With that being said, I seriously doubt anything even close to the original's level of detail and scale will come to the pavilion ever again. Disney no longer has that kind of ambition when it comes to Epcot.
Agreed on all points. Splash Mountain is the most recently built ride at WDW that truly impressed me and reminded me of those classic rides in the level of detail and show. Even considering Tower of Terror and any Animal Kingdom rides. Unless something major changes in the way US Disney parks are treated, I can't see anything on the level of Imagination 1.0 ever being built again.

bubbles1812

Out of curiosity, did you ever experience the old ride? I'm not naive enough to expect the old ride to return (though it would be nice if they restored the original track length, included a less annoying Figment, and axed whatshisname). But the old ride was wonderful. It was creative, made you think, had wonderful things to look at in each section, so many intricate components and detals. I could go on.... When it was redone, all it really needed was some updates in terms of the tech. It didn't need the radical changes. The content of the ride itself was (and is) pretty timeless.

It isn't just nostalgia, the way it is for me with other bygone rides where I recognize some of them may have been less than stellar. It was a truly magnificent ride. So yeah, I would want that, thank you very much.

tissandtully

I don't think anyone expects the old ride back actually. Something similar would be nice, but no one is thinking they're going to just rebuild it just like it was. Though I disagree about it not holding up. I think had they continued to plus the original ride in logical ways, and not sabotaged its attendance like they did near the end of its lifespan, it would have still attracted many guests even today.

If the ride is only closing for a year, I highly doubt we're going to end up getting a new ride system. I'm guessing a year wouldn't cut it for that kind of project. I'm not even sure how much of an improvement over the current ride we could expect in one year given how slow to build Disney has become...

Yeah, I'm just more in the mindset right now that I want something really new, maybe a couple winks to Figment and Dreambeard. Also, do you guys really think they'll bring back that guy? I don't think today's Mommy bloggers will appreciate an old guy with a beard walking up to kids with his pet dragon asking them to use their imagination. They couldn't even handle Captain EO and that guy is literally dead.

tissandtully

Out of curiosity, did you ever experience the old ride? I'm not naive enough to expect the old ride to return (though it would be nice if they restored the original track length, included a less annoying Figment, and axed whatshisname). But the old ride was wonderful. It was creative, made you think, had wonderful things to look at in each section, so many intricate components and detals. I could go on.... When it was redone, all it really needed was some updates in terms of the tech. It didn't need the radical changes.

It isn't just nostalgia, the way it is for me with other bygone rides where I recognize some of them may have been less than stellar. It was a truly magnificent ride. So yeah, I would want that, thank you very much.

Yes, I did and I liked it a lot, but, like I just posted before I saw your reply, just looking for something totally new. If I want the old ride, I can watch @marni1971's videos.

DisneyDebRob

Please no phineas and ferb. Please...
As for the old ride, let's be realistic. We all loved the original but wouldn't it be amazing to put something brand new.. With tons of "Imagination" throughout?? Lets have something brand spanking new.

Magenta Panther

Yeah, I'm just more in the mindset right now that I want something really new, maybe a couple winks to Figment and Dreambeard. Also, do you guys really think they'll bring back that guy? I don't think today's Mommy bloggers will appreciate an old guy with a beard walking up to kids with his pet dragon asking them to use their imagination. They couldn't even handle Captain EO and that guy is literally dead.

Why would anyone object to that? Santa Claus is an "old guy with a beard". Jeez...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom