Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

Admiral01

Premium Member
I remember that one time when this thread was about Imagination and the lights at DHS.

Ah, the memories...

The conversation about the GAC has been fascinating through. Lots of interesting points.

cslafferty

No, I am saying for a fact that if I wanted to see that light display in its current location then I'd be sure to do so this year because it won't have a place to be shown in 2014.

I realize that the lights will probably need to be gone altogether for at least 2014, but I'm wondering if there would be a place for them somewhere in Disney Springs, once it's finished?? That way we could still enjoy the lights without there being hoards of people crowding up any of the parks. I know that once I've gotten my fill of the lights, trying to navigate the crowds to get to the rest of the park is difficult - and we usually go early in Dec. during the "slow" weeks!

stevehousse

I realize that the lights will probably need to be gone altogether for at least 2014, but I'm wondering if there would be a place for them somewhere in Disney Springs, once it's finished?? That way we could still enjoy the lights without there being hoards of people crowding up any of the parks. I know that once I've gotten my fill of the lights, trying to navigate the crowds to get to the rest of the park is difficult - and we usually go early in Dec. during the "slow" weeks!

I was thinking the same thing when it was announced they would be leaving DHS. I figured what a great way to get guests into DS was te lights. Heck, I was even thinking they could possibly do a world of color type show or something there as well to get more guest in every night!

cslafferty

I seriously doubt that they'll ever put the lights where they can't charge an admission price to see them.

Good point, but it wasn't a separate ticket item at DHS, like MVMCP is at MK. I would think that most of the people that will go to DS are either already resort guests or are locals who probably have AP's, so they're already getting their money. Also, lots of those people will be going into those businesses to spend their money when they've had their fill of the lights. And, while all of those businesses aren't Disney owned, you gotta know that a good portion of their profits end up in Disney's pockets.

I don't know the specific layout of DS, but maybe there would be an area where they could possibly charge to get in to to see the lights?

Just really hope they find SOMEPLACE for them - after LoW disappeared, I really don't want to see these disappear for good, too. Not to offend anyone here who does not celebrate Christmas, but I love going to Disney during the holidays, because I can actually say "Merry Christmas" and not have to worry about being pc by saying "Happy Holidays" instead!

novawildcat18

I seriously doubt that they'll ever put the lights where they can't charge an admission price to see them.

I also think that driving traffic to Disney Springs is in Disney's best interest. Do you know how much revenue currently comes from Downtown Disney? Neither do I, but I'm assuming it's a large money-maker. So many restaurants and shops for locals and tourists with never-ending vacation budgets.

willtravel

Charge admission? Nope, won't see. Not that important. I can see lots and lots of light displays around my city, state, and near by states that would be a lot cheaper for me to go and see and just as good as WDW. WDW are good, but not for extra admission IMO.

doctornick

Conceivably, if they put them at DS, they might be able to work out a deal to charge the tenants of the stores for putting up the lights. The idea being that the lights would increase foot traffic and increase sales.

Smiddimizer

Charge admission? Nope, won't see. Not that important. I can see lots and lots of light displays around my city, state, and near by states that would be a lot cheaper for me to go and see and just as good as WDW. WDW are good, but not for extra admission IMO.

How have you been seeing them for the past twenty years then?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom