Two coasts: One very different world

Jimmy Thick

scumbag+meg+crofton.PNG

Oh please can't you chop something better?

Jimmy Thick- Ask me, please...

CBOMB

Saying a thread is unnecessary is as much an opinion as any of the other prattle being tossed about....
Not in my opinion. It changes the focus of the intent of the thread, and the reason it was created. You see this happen time, and time again with post by WDW1974. Some people do not like him or his posting style or his subject matter.Which I can't figure out for the life of me, since he's so charming. They constantly complain about his post when they contribute zero to the discussion on the topic. Saying " I think you're wrong because", is a legitimate way to express your opinion. This thread is unnecessary is not.

MattC

Every time someone posts something like the bold part, part of me dies.

WDW has always been successful, and it never used to stop them from making it better.

Sorry, didn't mean to kill part of you. And I don't like it any more than you.

bethymouse

The voice of reason. I like it. And you nailed it.

WDW is the most popular theme park in the world. People from all over the world come to Orlando for it. Just count the languages you hear next time. From managements view why put money in when people are already giving it to you by the millions? The ticket price just went up and they will still pack the place to capacity over the summer and holidays just like last year. Don't misunderstand me, I want them to do more. But these are businessmen, not theme park fans like us. Put enough in to keep people coming and charge as much as you can for it. That's the world.
It does seem like there are many more "international" visitors to WDW lately.

bethymouse

I am still hoping for some expansion to DHS. EPCOT could do for something new and exciting as well, besides the refurb of TT. Carsland should be @ WDW ( I wish). We'll be waiting for years for Avatarland to be completed!:(MK's FLE is exciting, but yet again the mine train is really making us wait a long time!:( I guess the Little Mermaid attraction is something to look forward to, but it's another "clam shell" ride! I do look forward to Be Our Guest restaurant, but I still wish somehow there were more E ticket rides in the FLE. The 2 Dumbos is nice, but I guess it'll be so much better when the entire FLE is done! So much is put into the DVC properties, and the bowling alley @ DD will be OK, but still...:rolleyes:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Not in my opinion. It changes the focus of the intent of the thread, and the reason it was created. You see this happen time, and time again with post by WDW1974. Some people do not like him or his posting style or his subject matter.Which I can't figure out for the life of me, since he's so charming. They constantly complain about his post when they contribute zero to the discussion on the topic. Saying " I think you're wrong because", is a legitimate way to express your opinion. This thread is unnecessary is not.

Opines are just that, regardless of the form or substance. To wit, if you don't like someone saying the post is unnecessary, saying that it's not is just another puff of hot air.....

jakeman

It has been done though. WDW1974's post has been refuted using about 15 minutes of internet search.

His statement that the WDW fan community is make an equal or greater deal about Casey's than Carsland is untrue, since every metric we have points to Carsland getting a significantly larger portion of the media (social or otherwise) interest today.

Furthermore, while I feel no need to play forum police, this thread contains neither news nor rumors an is technically in the wrong forums. Something you also see time and time again from your beloved WDW1974 is his casual disregard for the basic rules of the forum.

lebeau

It has been done though. WDW1974's post has been refuted using about 15 minutes of internet search.

His statement that the WDW fan community is make an equal or greater deal about Casey's than Carsland is untrue, since every metric we have points to Carsland getting a significantly larger portion of the media (social or otherwise) interest today.

Furthermore, while I feel no need to play forum police, this thread contains neither news nor rumors an is technically in the wrong forums. Something you also see time and time again from your beloved WDW1974 is his casual disregard for the basic rules of the forum.
Maybe 74 overstated his case. Carsland is getting more attention as well it should. But you need look no further than this site to find fans over-reacting to the pictures of the play area. 74's point is valid.
I think a reaction to two projects which Disney promoted today qualifies as news. A couple days ago someone posted a thread about a homeless guy with a white beard.

Tom Morrow

Um, Disney's California Adventure park needed a huge upgrade, the park was rather dead for the people who don't know. When it first opened the main complaint was the park didn't have much to offer repeat visits, it was a half a day park, it was nothing more than that. It had a great Aladin show, Soarin', a nice coaster and couple nice attractions here and there but the park was rushed, the park was not finished.

Guess what, Disney listened, they finished the park.

While people want to instigate they robbed from WDW to pay DL, I highly doubt thats the case. Disney just tied up the looose ends for a park dangling on a wire, it needed it, it deserved it, it got it.

Jimmy Thick- Now go enjoy it.
And you can say the same thing about DHS, DAK, and to some degree, Epcot (though it once offered more than it does now, from day one World Showcase has been lacking). The difference is... nothing is being done about it here. We have a big fat "maybe" on Avatar. That's it.

And all three of these parks are older than DCA, and DCA opened with more right off the bat than DAK and DHS.

wdwfan22

Maybe 74 overstated his case. Carsland is getting more attention as well it should. But you need look no further than this site to find fans over-reacting to the pictures of the play area. 74's point is valid.
I think a reaction to two projects which Disney promoted today qualifies as news. A couple days ago someone posted a thread about a homeless guy with a white beard.

I have to laugh at the above statement. This is a Walt Disney World fan site, and because of that fans may react anyway they like regarding anything related to Walt Disney World. The original post in this thread has nothing to do with Walt Disney World news and should have been moved or removed.

djkidkaz

I'm confused. Who is making a big deal about this? It's had two tweets from Disney Parks and one article with pictures on the Disney Parks Blog.

Carsland has had dozens of tweets and 6 articles on the blog just in the past 24 hours.

I just don't see the equivalent praise you are citing. Perhaps you could link some other sources that demonstrate this viewpoint?

No one, he just makes stuff up to cause trouble. If everyone would ignore the troll, they eventually go away. Just block him, his posts are useless and will just ruin your wdwmagic forum experience.

lebeau

I have to laugh at the above statement. This is a Walt Disney World fan site, and because of that fans may react anyway they like regarding anything related to Walt Disney World. The original post in this thread has nothing to do with Walt Disney World news and should have been moved or removed.
And your statement makes me weep.

Of course fans are free to wet themselves over a train-shaped sprinkler. That doesn't mean they are right to do so.

I guess this thread should be moved because you don't like it?

bubbles1812

They spent their billion on XPass and interactive queues.
Where is that crying icon when you need it? The amount they've spent on XPass is beyond belief and from everything I've read about it, I'm not sure it's going to plus any guest experience. Just seems to complicate the Fast Pass system and my God, if the "dooms day" scenarios come true about scheduling your time for a ride months in advance...talk about talking the magic out of Disney World. Not to mention it seems like it could alienate a good portion of visitors by giving so much advantage to resort guests.

bubbles1812

Of course it had to do with WDW...it talked about WDW's sister park and compared it to what it with what was going on at WDW. Pretty darn relevant if you ask me. And Casey's whatever it's called did open up today, and the walls around Dumbo spinner 2 came down... that's news. I don't necessarily think there has been "equivalent news" about it but it has been reported.

Lee

Adventurer
No one, he just makes stuff up to cause trouble. If everyone would ignore the troll, they eventually go away. Just block him, his posts are useless and will just ruin your wdwmagic forum experience.
Pathetic. Closed minds are nothing to be proud of.
Read. Listen. Understand. Learn.
And you can say the same thing about DHS, DAK, and to some degree, Epcot (though it once offered more than it does now, from day one World Showcase has been lacking). The difference is... nothing is being done about it here. We have a big fat "maybe" on Avatar. That's it.
Yes. Exactly.
Take DHS or DAK out of the WDW package and either one would have been in the same position as DCA. Underbuilt at opening, requiring massive infusions of capital. DAK is still waiting...

Lee

Adventurer
Where is that crying icon when you need it? The amount they've spent on XPass is beyond belief and from everything I've read about it, I'm not sure it's going to plus any guest experience. Just seems to complicate the Fast Pass system and my God, if the "dooms day" scenarios come true about scheduling your time for a ride months in advance...talk about talking the magic out of Disney World. Not to mention it seems like it could alienate a good portion of visitors by giving so much advantage to resort guests.
You have no idea of the potential evils of NextGen.
All will be revealed eventually, much to the dismay of fans and the general guest population.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom