Two coasts: One very different world

Cosmic Commando

You're right, it is all about perspective. I like the closeness and the intimacy at DL. Doesn't mean I won't enjoy WDW:)
You have to go. Do it after the mine train opens. I know you said some of the negativity was scaring you away a bit, but don't let it stop you. It's (obviously not exactly like but sorta) like if you met somebody who goes to Disneyland all the time and has never stepped foot inside DCA. They're missing out on something! Yeah, they'll probably still like Disneyland better, but there's lots of cool stuff going on over there and it's its own really awesome experience. That's my feelings for anyone who loves their home resort but hasn't been to the other coast. Insert your home parks/resort where applicable and it works for WDW vets, too.

lazyboy97o

DLP isn't Disney Parks because technically, it isn't run by Disney expressly themselves. EuroDisney SCA do the day to day running and planning of the park, which is why it doesn't come under the gaudy US branding (DisneySea and Hong Kong are in the same boat, it's not Disney outright running them too).
The structure of Euro Disney SCA gives The Walt Disney Company near complete control, despite their minority ownership. This is how executives from The Walt Disney Company have been sent over and then brought back stateside. The Walt Disney Company is also supposed to have more control over day-to-day decisions regarding Hongkong Theme Parks International (owners of Hong Kong Disney Resort), but the Hong Kong Government has become rather assertive once they realized Disney was trying to screw them over by building a small park, in which Disney reduced its initial investment, and that Disney has never stopped showing a greater interest in Shanghai than Hong Kong.

Californian Elitist

You have to go. Do it after the mine train opens. I know you said some of the negativity was scaring you away a bit, but don't let it stop you. It's (obviously not exactly like but sorta) like if you met somebody who goes to Disneyland all the time and has never stepped foot inside DCA. They're missing out on something! Yeah, they'll probably still like Disneyland better, but there's lots of cool stuff going on over there and it's its own really awesome experience. That's my feelings for anyone who loves their home resort but hasn't been to the other coast. Insert your home parks/resort where applicable and it works for WDW vets, too.

Oh, I never called off my future trip. I just pushed it back. I don't want to visit as soon as I wanted too. I want to wait until things get better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom