Two coasts: One very different world

lazyboy97o

ok then don't go! But yes it is for little children AND adults too! Can't they just have that one little spot. Kids feel special when they have a part JUST for them!
And you know how often I go?

Kids can have similar entertainment at plenty of other places much closer to home. If this is the highlight for the kid then why drag them along and waste the money? Because mommy and daddy have to get their dose of magic regardless of what the little one thinks or feels about it all?

lazyboy97o

Walt's dream has come so far, hasn't it?
It's come full circle! Disneyland had its genesis with a parent sitting a bench and now you too can experience that same Dream-filled experience at the Magic Kingdom! What will you Dream up while recreating Walt's experience?

wannab@dis

Please, I take more heat and nasty comments than any poster here. And I don't even run to the mods and complain.

I have no desire to derail this thread, beyond what the troll has done, by talking about my posting style. If adults can't handle words like Pixie Dust or Walmarted World of Disney in threads about Disney, then I'd suggest they're in the wrong place and they likely need some mental health counseling.
Interesting, just a few minutes ago you were whining about D&G being used.

Bolna

Besides that, last time I checked, this was a capitalist society. That being said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Well, just had to point this out: Capitalism does not have anything to do with free speech. Capitalism is an economic system that is based on private ownership of the means of production and the creation of goods or services for profit by privately-owned business enterprises.

Freedom of speech is a human right that theoretically can be fully developed in any form of government or economic system. Even if it is most prevalent in current democracies which also happen to work under the economic system of capitalism (or a form of it if you take the social market economies in Europe).

koryadams

And you know how often I go?

Kids can have similar entertainment at plenty of other places much closer to home. If this is the highlight for the kid then why drag them along and waste the money? Because mommy and daddy have to get their dose of magic regardless of what the little one thinks or feels about it all?
ok fine, then go on strike with people and destroy Casey Jr. I dare you!

HMF

Well, just had to point this out: Capitalism does not have anything to do with free speech. Capitalism is an economic system that is based on private ownership of the means of production and the creation of goods or services for profit by privately-owned business enterprises.

Freedom of speech is a human right that theoretically can be fully developed in any form of government or economic system. Even if it is most prevalent in current democracies which also happen to work under the economic system of capitalism (or a form of it if you take the social market economies in Europe).
Capitalism= Free Speech now? Last I checked it was the other way around. Capitalism and democracy are not the same thing, As a matter of fact they get in each others way frequently.

Lee

Adventurer
Ok, well, first of all, im 19, not 43, i have no idea why such a random number but whatever. Besides that, last time I checked, this was a capitalist society. That being said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Whatever gave you the impression that you are "far more superior" then anyone else because you are a "well known member" is beyond me. Unlike you, I have no desire to sit here and argue with one a hypocrite, and two, someone who thinks they will run until kingdom come... Just know this, im a shareholder as well,and in a business aspect, Disney is doing what they feel will bring in the most revenue.As far as the Fantasyland expansion goes,The Disney princesses are one of the highest grossing lines of merchandise that the Company markets.Keeping that in mind, wouldn't it be a wise decision for Disney to market that as a highlight of Parks? But as far as we are talking about politics, you strike me as a liberal, just from your lack of common sense and pig headedness... just wondering, HAVE A TRUELY MAGICAL DAY!!!!!
Profanity and politics in one post.
This isn't gonna end well...

ellie-badge

I wish a mod would swing by and either bring order or lock this thread. Things have just now gone completely off track of the original topic. It's such a shame, too, as this had such good potential to draw in intelligent conversations and opinions. Now it's been reduced to... well, all of this.

Lee

Adventurer
I wish a mod would swing by and either bring order or lock this thread. Things have just now gone completely off track of the original topic. It's such a shame, too, as this had such good potential to draw in intelligent conversations and opinions. Now it's been reduced to... well, all of this.
I kinda agree.

wannab@dis

Profanity and politics in one post.
This isn't gonna end well...
With the crap greeting they got from '74, what do you expect?

Andre Di Stefano, it is against the forum policies to discuss politics or curse. I'm sorry you received the nasty greeting from '74. Obviously you can tell he's not on the welcome wagon! :)

Lee

Adventurer
if you people really hate this new area, then destroy it...I mean what else are you gonna do, continue to waste your life on here where nothing will get done. Im out of here.
How does one go about destroying an area?
I'm curious because thre are several I'd love to do away with....

bubbles1812

If you have seen how tall the Mine Train is looking to be, I think you have an "E-Ticket" on your hands. Not that it could be one since E-Tickets don't exist anymore.
What does height have to do with anything? Height does not make a ride an E-ticket. That makes no sense. And of course there are still E-tickets...RRS is one of them. Everest when it was added was one and still is, even with the Yeti broken. The reason Mine Train will not be an E-ticket ride has nothing to do with its height but has everything to do with its show quality...which has been significantly reduced. Again, in the original plans, it called for several show scenes. Now it is pretty much down to one and then we get to see trees and grass. The ride has also been shortened. What could have been a Big Thunder equivalent (an E ticket) is now more along the lines of Barnstormer (certainly not an E ticket). I'm sure it'll still be enjoyable but it isn't going to be anything to wow...it does not reflect all that Disney is capable of doing, the creativity or technological boundaries they used to push.

Storybook Circus truly is remarkable. Beautiful. Especially considering it's just Dumbo and the Barnstormer. And the train station. Even the bathrooms are amazing. And I guess the pee zone? Even if that's a ridiculous notion?
I think Storybook Circus looks great, beautiful even. But again, it is another area where there is more potential than what was realized. They could have done another ride, or not even that, a show of some kid...it's a circus, make a circus show. Instead they revamped an old ride by just doubling it and retheming another. I don't know if it will be a "pee zone"...but if there is one area where kids could be tempted, that will be it. There is a reason they have to warn people not to take kids with diarrhea into that zone. But its fine. Its not like I'm going to go in there, same with the Donald's Boat area. [/quote]

As far as getting wet is concerned, ride Kali River Rapids sometime.
Also, just to note, Kali Rapids doesn't really get you very wet unless you are in the exact right place. I've seen two people get soaked and the rest stay bone dry each time I've been on it. There aren't enough water features above the ride to make sure people get wet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom