Two coasts: One very different world

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Not to throw the discussion off track, but is it really necessary to have soaking wet children running around theme parks?
I think not, and feel that such areas have no place in any Disney park.

But that's just me...

I went against my parents wishes when I was younger and ran through a city park style (much like Casey choo choo or w/e its called) water hazzard at WDW when I was younger. I hated life the rest of the day. It is a cheap space filler (as I know many have said). A well themed water ride (Splash) is one thing because it provides actual enjoyment and entertainment. I do not touch Rapids anywhere for the reason you listed. You sir, are exactly correct, it has zero place. Wasted space as was the boat there prior.

wannab@dis

A well themed water ride (Splash) is one thing because it provides actual enjoyment and entertainment.
In all the videos and pictures I've seen, it sure appears those kids are enjoying themselves and being entertained. Most do not appear tall enough for Splash... Let them have their little spot in the park. It's not hurting you and you can walk around on your way to the height restricted rides.

TalkingHead

In case anyone wants to see how cool and worthwhile Dumbo's Wet and Wild Circusland is, I uploaded approximately 450 pictures of the new restrooms there to my Disney Toilet Fun Blog.

Circusland definitely is better than using the land for one or two new jawdropping blockbuster attractions! You'll only find those at Universal, Disneyland, and overseas.

TalkingHead

In all the videos and pictures I've seen, it sure appears those kids are enjoying themselves and being entertained. Most do not appear tall enough for Splash... Let them have their little spot in the park. It's not hurting you and you can walk around on your way to the height restricted rides.

Just let 'em play in the sinks and toilets, then. Out of sight, out of mind.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member

And I wonder how many people could enjoy an actual attraction in its place and not just kids. Yea, those same images show so shotty stinking parenting as well.

bubbles1812

you sound a little ungreatful, but then again you aren't a child who will enjoy it. But let's just see what the general reaction is and how long it stays open and just see how things go.
I am grateful we are getting something...granted, it was literally forced onto TDO by Burbank so that doesn't give me great confidence in them going forward with any future projects but it is something. What I am not grateful for is that they scaled down the project so much that if you looked at the original plans, NFE is basically a shell of its former self. There is very little creativity to be had compared to what it could have been. A restaurant that will sell generic park food. More tents/cottages that will hawk the same merchandise that can be found virtually anywhere in the parks...nothing unique there. The Little Mermaid...I love that movie and I've been on the Cali ride. It's a nice omnimover but the ending seriously needs some work between the card board mini Ursula, the cheap silhouette of Ariel and Eric and the wedding scene that recycles AAs down to a T from the Under the Sea scene...all of those problems could have been fixed for WDW and no, they are just making a carbon copy. An E ticket facade houses at best a D ticket attraction. Storybook...nothing new to see there except a kiddy play area. And the Mine Train ride...see my thoughts on it to troll in residence Chillin' for my thoughts on that.

I am not required to be just be satisfied with what is given even if I do find some good in it. That's like someone giving me steak at Applebees (not the best quality of meat there) and saying be totally satisfied with it when I know I could have been given a steak filet from the best steak restaurant in my state. I'll enjoy the Applebees steak for what it is but I know its not as great a steak as I could potentially have.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I thought you just did. Or were you only walking briskly?

Hey, you admitted to trolling. You haven't added a damn thing since you've been here, just trying to put me, Lee and anyone critical of WDW down.

To me, that should get your little butt stuck on the wet bench.

wannab@dis

Just let 'em play in the sinks and toilets, then. Out of sight, out of mind.
And I wonder how many people could enjoy an actual attraction in its place and not just kids. Yea, those same images show so shotty stinking parenting as well.
I'm at a loss of words. Maybe having kids has changed my outlook, but I just can't be upset over a kid's play area and want something for me.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I wish a mod would swing by and either bring order or lock this thread. Things have just now gone completely off track of the original topic. It's such a shame, too, as this had such good potential to draw in intelligent conversations and opinions. Now it's been reduced to... well, all of this.

I would hate to see this locked, just so I'd have to start a second thread to have the same discussion (why didn't I just turn the computer off after the game???!!)

The issue is people coming in for the sole purpose of derailing the discussion ... and I'd like to think the mods can see that (if any are awake at this hour) and deal with it.

No one is forcing them to post here. I didn't join Jimmywhateverhisnameis's thread suggesting that anyone with issues with WDW should just not go (you know, the old 'America, love it or leave it' line of BS because I knew whatever I added would be gas on a fire. But that's exactly what a few folks opted to do here.

bubbles1812

They do...but that doesn't change the fact that they could have put in an actual ride that would have been enjoyable for everyone...they could have even made it a water ride and everyone could have gotten wet. Again, wasted potential instead replaced with something made on the cheap.

And the fact that some people here are raving about the bathrooms says a lot. When did standards lower so much that that is what we now praise?

wannab@dis

They do...but that doesn't change the fact that they could have put in an actual ride that would have been enjoyable for everyone...they could have even made it a water ride and everyone could have gotten wet. Again, wasted potential instead replaced with something made on the cheap.

And the fact that some people here are raving about the bathrooms says a lot. When did standards lower so much that that is what we now praise?
You wanted a full attraction in the space used by Casey's? Let's at least be realistic. :)

bubbles1812

I'm at a loss of words. Maybe having kids has changed my outlook, but I just can't be upset over a kid's play area and want something for me.

I don't think he was wanting something just for "him"...he was wanting something for everybody... I'm glad your kids will get enjoyment out of it. That's great. And it's fine. It just doesn't change the fact Disney could have done a more with the area than put a play zone in...but it's not shocking. That's what the current TDO does. It does the minimum to keep some guests happy and does the cheapest thing that will get them there.

WDW1974

Original Poster
With the crap greeting they got from '74, what do you expect?

Andre Di Stefano, it is against the forum policies to discuss politics or curse. I'm sorry you received the nasty greeting from '74. Obviously you can tell he's not on the welcome wagon! :)

Nasty? Puh-lease.

No, I was being honest.

You don't walk into a new community and immediately start telling folks how they should run the place and how they should conduct themselves. That's disrespectful to ALL of us who have been here for years.

Then, his second response is a knee-jerk attack on me (again, you don't join a community and immediately attack members who were here when you were ... ah 14-15) and use obscenity.

wannab@dis

I don't think he was wanting something just for "him"...he was wanting something for everybody... I'm glad your kids will get enjoyment out of it. That's great. And it's fine. It just doesn't change the fact Disney could have done a more with the area than put a play zone in...but it's not shocking. That's what the current TDO does. It does the minimum to keep some guests happy and does the cheapest thing that will get them there.
The only thing that everyone could enjoy that would have fit in that small location is another shop. At least then they would make some money from that spot.

bubbles1812

You wanted a full attraction in the space used by Casey's? Let's at least be realistic. :)

There is room... look at the darn plans...the layout of the area. That is quite a big space. They didn't exactly have to build several new tents, the biggest of which is going to be designed to hawk merchandise sold everywhere in the parks. There will be nothing unique sold there. I'm not saying it had to be a mega big E ticket attraction or a giant facade like with LM. But they sure as heck could have done more than a generic quick service and a merchandise tent. My point is that the area is under utilized. They could have made one big tent and put a small show there as another idea. I was more just referencing the entire area. Not just specifically the small plot that is Casey's. I am a realistic person and I'm not stupid enough to assume they could put an attraction specifically only in the area of Casey's.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Really? If you joined a new forum and that was the first greeting you received, you may have a different attitude. It's simple respect.

You join a new forum, you show respect for those who are there, wannabe. Just that simple. But doesn't suit your agenda of making me the bad evil Spirit scaring away wonderful, intelligent, articulate new posters. (Um ... yeah ... that was sarcasm).:rolleyes:

wannab@dis

Nasty? Puh-lease.

No, I was being honest.

You don't walk into a new community and immediately start telling folks how they should run the place and how they should conduct themselves. That's disrespectful to ALL of us who have been here for years.

Then, his second response is a knee-jerk attack on me (again, you don't join a community and immediately attack members who were here when you were ... ah 14-15) and use obscenity.
Ok, You're right. An honest attack is better than a knee-jerk attack.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom