TTA reopening pushed back to Sep 12 2009

jt04

And JIYI. And the tombstones. And the Wand. And the canopies...

But remember, those are only "temporary".

Oh by the way, there is a claim on the site that can't be named that the permit that was just filed was indeed to remove the canopies and pin trading station.

yeti

Regarding the Timekeeper...

I just got back from my week-long trip yesterday, so if someone already posted this, sorry. I noticed that on the screen once used for SSC, they were broadcasting advertisements for a bunch of fake Tomorrowland businesses and locations and the like. I can't remember any individual one, but I thought it was really cool and a nice way to up the theming a little bit in Tomorrowland.

Well, all I can remember is seeing one advertisement with the full, live-action heads of the Timekeeper and Nine-Eye. Can't remember what it was for or why they decided to have images of them in this little presentation (I might have blacked out or something at the sight of the Timekeeper :lol:). It gave me a little hope inside, knowing that Tomorrowland hasn't completely forgotten about him just yet.

Sorry, no videos or pics. Just a heavy suggestion that if anyone goes to TL anytime soon, check out the SSC stage screen.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
If it means they are perfecting that lovely light effect, FINE BY ME!:D
Yep. I agree.

I've also put up a new video of the lighting testing going on
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Tomorrowland-Transit-Authority/Video.htm

[youtube]CHWet1YYyjA[/youtube]
Holy Cow. What a difference.

Is the ONLY part of TTA that we can't see currently the part inside SSE and the other tunnels? Like, is the load/unload area covered so guests can't see if any work was going on there?

Just wondering what, if anything, will/can be changed besides lighting and possible script? :shrug:
I hope they spruce up the models. I wouldnt even mind if they were completely redone.

Ride control upgrades, new speed ramps and the like.
Ahhh, new conveyor belts. Snazzy.

joel_maxwell

You do realize the EPCOT model is there,right? If they ever touched it.....:fork:
see below

see below

I agree!:mad::fork::goodnevil
see below

Guys. Put the pitch forks away and dont point them at me again. When I said redone, I mean take the model and either replace it with an exact replica that has more up-to-date lighting features, futuristic transportation, etc or at least take the existing model and fix replace some of its components. Last I remember, it is looking like it was made 30 years ago.

I might be alone here, but the materials that make that model (cardboards, plastics, fiberglass) do age. IMHO, it is better to replace the original with something that actually looks good then to hold on to something that looks like it is 30 years old and starting to age.... which is not inspiring.

Hmmm, sounds like the same argument about the old Epcot attractions.

WDW Vacationer

If they wan't to replace the materials, fine. But those peices of Disney history should be kept looking the same! I thought you meant change them completely.

Sorry!:eek::wave:

joel_maxwell

If they wan't to replace the materials, fine. But those peices of Disney history should be kept looking the same! I thought you meant change them completely.

Sorry!:eek::wave:
That is fine.... I understand that it is a piece of Disney history and I agree, it is important, but that doesnt constitute it being on display on the most ridden attraction in TL if the quality suffers or it is looking extremely dated.

That is all.

WDITrent

Guys. Put the pitch forks away and dont point them at me again. When I said redone, I mean take the model and either replace it with an exact replica that has more up-to-date lighting features, futuristic transportation, etc or at least take the existing model and fix replace some of its components. Last I remember, it is looking like it was made 30 years ago.

I might be alone here, but the materials that make that model (cardboards, plastics, fiberglass) do age. IMHO, it is better to replace the original with something that actually looks good then to hold on to something that looks like it is 30 years old and starting to age.... which is not inspiring.

There's a difference. Walt Disney World was not meant to be a museum... but the EPCOT Center model is sort of meant to be a museum-like thing. So keep it. Clean it up, sure, but overall...

NO TOUCHIE! :)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
see below

see below

see below

Thats funny, it was made over 40 years ago, so that's actually not bad!

As others have said, it IS a museum piece and should be treated as such, maybe restored using the same materials/process but the content should NOT be changed. It was a representation of Walt's greatest dream besides Disneyland....the Magic Kingdom park was going to be built mostly to help fund the EPCOT project.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom