TTA reopening pushed back to Sep 12 2009

Skyway

I wonder if this new opening date is meant to coincide with the D-23 Expo that same weekend.

Perhaps they've got SM lined with some preview artwork, and they don't want to open TTA until those images have been shown at D-23?

Just a wild guess!

Jasonflz

I wonder if this new opening date is meant to coincide with the D-23 Expo that same weekend.

Perhaps they've got SM lined with some preview artwork, and they don't want to open TTA until those images have been shown at D-23?

Just a wild guess!

Interesting thought. It could create more buzz for the TTA and drag in more people (not counting those already waiting for it to re-open)

I think TTA's extended date means they are planning to do some last minute touch ups, if necessary.

EPCOT Explorer

Yep. After 1996 it all fell apart.
In some ways...97 and 98 were kind of "dull" years. 99 and 2000 saw the Mill. Celebration and a interesting turn for the better (in some ways!)

2001 is when things began to repeat themselves (100YoM...)

That's when I think things REALLY began to fall apart.

Just a wild guess!
Wild guess is a good guess!:lol:

It would work well, and hopefully SM is a part of D23.

GymLeaderPhil

Unfortunately I think the opening delays are related to the demolition of the Skyway building which, from my previous trip, looks to be taking longer than expected. I doubt they're going to end up salvaging any part of it since the restroom signs on the exterior were all bent out of shape and hanging off the side.

Jasonflz

Unfortunately I think the opening delays are related to the demolition of the Skyway building which, from my previous trip, looks to be taking longer than expected. I doubt they're going to end up salvaging any part of it since the restroom signs on the exterior were all bent out of shape and hanging off the side.

It was planned to be rebuilt. They most likely will be demolishing the whole thing anyway. As for them adding a second story, I'm not so sure.

EPCOTPluto

99.9999999% chance that doesn't happen.

There might be a chance since the Timekeeper AA was inside the Skyway builiding. They might have repaired it and are planning to use it as a new addition .

That's more of a dream than anything....:(

Just something to think about, if there is that measly chance to reuse Timekeeper, then where & how?

With the speed of the TTA vehicles, it might just be something as a statue, perhaps in the Buzz tunnel.

Or maybe a funny quip as you roll by.... :shrug:

Jasonflz

Just something to think about, if there is that measly chance to reuse Timekeeper, then where & how?

With the speed of the TTA vehicles, it might just be something as a statue, perhaps in the Buzz tunnel.

:shrug: Possibly in the hair salon scene, if they do decide to replace it. Wouldn't it be funny if TK ended up as a barber after being kicked out of the Metropolis Science Center.

EPCOT Explorer

Anywhere. :lol:

There's a TON of spots in the TTA that could use him.

EPCOT Explorer

:shrug: Possibly in the hair salon scene, if they do decide to replace it. Wouldn't it be funny if TK ended up as a barber after being kicked out of the Metropolis Science Center.

Well, he WAS going to be turned into a Ready-Teller....:shrug:

"I'm sorry, you're overdrawn"

:D:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom