TTA Refurb

Jasonflz

I can't comprehend that way of thinking.:shrug:
I think no SM should be without music. Ever.

I just feel that it is more realistic without music in space. Also, I am not a big fan of Michael Giacchino's scores if they would be added to our mountain, they just work better with the others.

Jasonflz

:eek:

Yet you like Boughton?:lookaroun

:hammer::hammer::hammer:

I didn't say I didn't like Michael Giacchino's music. In fact, he is my favorite composer. His score to Up was amazing. You are putting words into my mouth. I just said I don't think that his Space Mountain scores are something that I would want to have at our Space Mountain. Maybe I worded it wrong. I would like to see something new for us.

And yes, I like Broughton, and Bellis.:lookaroun

Jasonflz

Giacchino reeks of awesome!
:cool:

:D True dat. I am a HUGE fan of his Up score. Simply the best animated film score out there. One of the most emotional too. Shame it didn't get an actual soundtrack release. Star Trek was also top notch and I am still waiting to listen to Land of the Lost.

lighteningqueen

Hi Lorisue,

I am a fellow albuquerqueian ha ha. Are you going to WDW this year> I used to live there and went to Manzano there Hubby Sandia. We now live in Texas and it as far for us either way. Next year we shall go to Disneyland with grandkids if they are old enough. It's almost green Chili season there and I am coming in August to get mine. Oh how I miss it....

EPCOT Explorer

I didn't say I didn't like Michael Giacchino's music. In fact, he is my favorite composer. His score to Up was amazing. You are putting words into my mouth. I just said I don't think that his Space Mountain scores are something that I would want to have at our Space Mountain. Maybe I worded it wrong. I would like to see something new for us.

Well...In your post, you kinda said you did. :lookaroun:rolleyes:

Don't overreact...My mistake...:lol:

marsrunner

One would hope if music were to be added to MK's SM that Michael Giacchino would be at the top of a very short list to compose NEW music.

Jasonflz

Well...In your post, you kinda said you did. :lookaroun:rolleyes:

Don't overreact...My mistake...:lol:

:lol: Re-read my post. I said that I am not a fan of his scores if they were added to our mountain. Not the other way around. You only highlighted "I am not a fan of Michael Giacchino's scores".

RSoxNo1

I can't comprehend that way of thinking.:shrug:
I think no SM should be without music. Ever.

Oh, I notice queues, no doubt about it.
But to me, a great queue with a mediocre ride....not good.
However it goes both ways.
(For example:
Kali Rapids - Great queue, but a not so great rapids ride.
Soarin - Boring queue, great ride.
Indiana Jones Adventure - Great from entrance sign to the exit water fountains.)

I couldn't agree more on Kali. I think if the lengthened the ride and you actually started out indoors in some of those temples the ride is significantly better.

As for Indy, my complaint about the queue is that because of how they handle fastpass you rush right through it.

jeopardyfish

When I was in the MK the week of June 4-11, I seem to recall noticing that the cars had been moved around the track between visits to the MK. Didn't take any photos to document them, but I know that on our first day on Saturday there were a few trains visible on either side of the Avenue of the Planets walkway, above the Buzz outdoor queue and I think in the station, but then by Wednesday they were gone, and I noticed a few trains really bunched up close together on the track between Star Traders and the Raceway that I didn't recall seeing there before.
That's funny: Our WDW trips were both on the same dates. Wouldn't it be creepy if we had followed the same itinerary?
That's very interesting; I don't remember that but I really wasn't paying attention. I wonder what that means, if anything? Maybe the cars are being moved so track work of some kind can be done?

jt04

:lol: That's true. The speedway should go.
I have noticed the mountain in the Sci-Fi city concept looked oddly similar to Discovery Mountain.

Wow! Just made me realize that the entire Discovery Mountain/Mysterious Island concept could be rolled into the SciFiCity concept and placed in the speedway/toontown of the MK rather than AK. The concept art of a restaurant inside the nautilus (underwater) is great! Thanks for the link.

Jasonflz

Wow! Just made me realize that the entire Discovery Mountain/Mysterious Island concept could be rolled into the SciFiCity concept and placed in the speedway/toontown of the MK rather than AK. The concept art of a restaurant inside the nautilus (underwater) is great! Thanks for the link.

You're welcome. It is an amazing concept and would have worked very well. I would even be willing to say that they should demolish our current one to put in space for some form of E-Ticket or show and do what you said to Toontown. I also like the TTA replacement as you can see in the concept art for Sci-Fi city. (almost like Rocket Rods but much larger in scale and theming)

Jasonflz

So if you like his music, why wouldn't you like it in SM?:rolleyes::lol:

:lol: I didn't say what I said to be disrespectful to Michael Giacchin's music. I just feel like it wouldn't fit the mood of the attraction. Imagine this; you walk through the queue where you hear the jazzy entrance music, the haunting star tunnel, and that incredibly creepy 3rd tunnel loop, then you board the ride and hear Dl's score. It doesn't fit the profile of what you were exposed to in the queue. I am all for Michael Giacchino writing a new piece if he can fit that spacey mood set out for you ahead of time. Either that or replace the current queue music which I really don't want to happen.

EPCOT Explorer

:lol: I didn't say what I said to be disrespectful to Michael Giacchin's music. I just feel like it wouldn't fit the mood of the attraction. Imagine this; you walk through the queue where you hear the jazzy entrance music, the haunting star tunnel, and that incredibly creepy 3rd tunnel loop, then you board the ride and hear Dl's score. It doesn't fit the profile of what you were exposed to in the queue. I am all for Michael Giacchino writing a new piece if he can fit that spacey mood set out for you ahead of time. Either that or replace the current queue music which I really don't want to happen.

Ah, gotcha...I think it would work, though...:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom