TTA Refurb

WDITrent

I don't think anyone knows outside of those working on the project.

But ever since I heard that they were adding a ceiling to the SM boarding area, I did my own "armchair Imagineering" and made a few guesses on how *I* would do it...

I picture a high ceiling over the boarding area. There's no ride track above that, so they have all the room up to the dome ceiling if they wanted to. Perhaps it would start low just above the ride track, and then angle upward to meet the dome above the TTA track. The TTA would ride through this boarding area that's themed to the inside of a space station. Perhaps there would be more lighting up above so that the people waiting in the queue could actually see the TTA cars more easily, rather than just something moving through the darkness as it is now. Kinda like how you could see the PeopleMover trains going past the Star Speeder in the first room of Star Tours' queue at Disneyland.

Then, the TTA trains would pass out through an opening, out of the space station and into "space" where they would see the glow-in-the-dark trains zooming around the track like they always have.

The TTA has a pretty long stretch of track after the boarding platform. So even if they incorporated the TTA track in the newly-roofed-over SM boarding platform, there's still plenty of time to look into the ride area itself afterward.

-Rob
This is what I imagined they would do for the loading area, have a ceiling which includes part of the TTA in the room.

jt04

This is what I imagined they would do for the loading area, have a ceiling which includes part of the TTA in the room.

I think this is the scenario I prefer. The TTA could be incorporated into the queue easier and be more visible thereby adding more kinetic energy to the area. Also, lighted set pieces could be added to the TTA within SM without the light bleeding into the coaster area. No matter what they do it will be interesting.

WDITrent

No matter what they do it will be interesting.
Even if they don't even put a ceiling on the load area, it will be interesting. Interesting why they wouldn't put a ceiling up there. Some hints may surface in August. Even if they do a very good job concealing the project, I'm sure there will be some evidence. Now, let's see... do we have anyone on here experienced with tracking progress on long, dark areas of rides? Let's see... anyone? I know I can think of a few... :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom