TTA Refurb

I'm sure my friend is wrong, however ....................... He tells me the TTA track goes right around SM? When you enter SM on the normal route you turn to the right to enter while part of the track goes to the left (this much is true I know). He claims that left track is used to store the spare people movers and actually encircles SM and rejoins the track as you leave SM on the usual route :shrug:

He tells me that you will in fact use this circular 'storage route' until the SM refurb is complete? Just to verify, I live in the UK and have no confirmation of this other than the word of a friend in Orlando. Please don't shoot the messenger this may be complete rubbish :shrug:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
He tells me the TTA track goes right around SM? When you enter SM on the normal route you turn to the right to enter while part of the track goes to the left (this much is true I know). He claims that left track is used to store the spare people movers and actually encircles SM and rejoins the track as you leave SM on the usual route
He is right - you can see the switches as you enter and leave the mountain.

As for using the backstage route, I doubt it. It`s backstage and looks like it, has a spur line with winch and pit, staircases and the like - it looks like a regular workshop garage.

Rob562

why was it renamed the TTA

It was done as part of the big Tommorrowland refurb/redecoration in the 90's. They introduced a single semi-cohesive theme to the land, and the Peoplemover was themed as part of the fictional transportation company of the new Tomorrowland.

-Rob

Jasonflz

TTA just fits the area. Now if or when it becomes "SciFiCity", who knows?

If the original concept for Sci-Fi City would actually be done right (and if they got rid of ToonTown to expand the land) I would be amazed. Also, I would like to see the Discovery Mountain idea come to fruition. Maybe this will actually happen when the next Disney park is built.:shrug:

jt04

If the original concept for Sci-Fi City would actually be done right (and if they got rid of ToonTown to expand the land) I would be amazed. Also, I would like to see the Discovery Mountain idea come to fruition. Maybe this will actually happen when the next Disney park is built.:shrug:

Discovery Mountain? Never heard of it. Sounds good but what is it?

EPCOT Explorer

(whispers)

Wedway

(runs)
:sohappy:We are a dying breed.:lookaroun

:rolleyes:
Nah....nostalgia aside, TTA fits New Tomorrowland better.
(If I can't get Rocket Rods 2.0, at least let me keep the updated name.)
:D
You really liked them, huh?:lookaroun

Discovery Mountain? Never heard of it. Sounds good but what is it?

Space Mountain over at DLP...This is exactly why they changed the name.:rolleyes::lol:

Lee

Adventurer
Space Mountain over at DLP...This is exactly why they changed the name.:rolleyes::lol:
More exactly, what the concept was before it became the SM they have now.
The true Discovery Mountain was about 4 or 5 times the size, and contained multiple attractions, restaurants, walkthroughs...etc.

Attachments

• photo+6bis.jpg
    photo+6bis.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 44

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom