TTA Refurb

Thrill Seeker

As of 7/1/09

I looked up at the TTA tracks last night and it appeared as though all the trains were removed from Rockettower Plaza as well as some of the random trains scattered along the track were removed as well. Maybe that means they will undergo some refurbishment. As long as they keep the same look, any improvements are fine with me.

Thrill Seeker

Yeah, the problem with MILF is they should really use a variety of different monsters for comedians. Mac and Cheese is pretty much the same thing over and over.

The last time I went I got a new scene where they randomly pick out audience members to play some of the monsters from the movie. It was different and much better than what you are use to seeing in that spot.

hardcard

As of 7/1/09

I looked up at the TTA tracks last night and it appeared as though all the trains were removed from Rockettower Plaza as well as some of the random trains scattered along the track were removed as well. Maybe that means they will undergo some refurbishment. As long as they keep the same look, any improvements are fine with me.

from what I understand, they have been cycling the TTA trains through space mountain for clearance reasons lately..... probably just parking in different spots after, thats all

Rob562

What for? Cleaning, or actual work on the cars?

I think he means "clearance" in terms of physical clearance around the TTA tracks. With the rumored enclosure of the boarding areas, they may be adding walls and other structures around the TTA track that they need to make sure that the cars (and the riders inside them) don't hit.

-Rob

EPCOT Explorer

I think he means "clearance" in terms of physical clearance around the TTA tracks. With the rumored enclosure of the boarding areas, they may be adding walls and other structures around the TTA track that they need to make sure that the cars (and the riders inside them) don't hit.

-Rob
Woah...No more open air TTA!?

Horizonsfan

Woah...No more open air TTA!?

No he's talking about in SM.

Question:
How high is the queue's enclosure going to be? I mean, you can't have TTA cars going through a canyon of black walls (the ceiling of the queue). Either the ceiling of the queue will remain the same height and the TTA will never see the queue, or if they go for a higher ceiling and then that section of the TTA will have to be enclosed with it, thus eliminating the majority of your view of the actual ride. I need insider insight...

Thrill Seeker

Question:
How high is the queue's enclosure going to be? I mean, you can't have TTA cars going through a canyon of black walls (the ceiling of the queue). Either the ceiling of the queue will remain the same height and the TTA will never see the queue, or if they go for a higher ceiling and then that section of the TTA will have to be enclosed with it, thus eliminating the majority of your view of the actual ride. I need insider insight...

I guess we'll find out in August...

EPCOT Explorer

Question:

Ah....Sorry.:lol::eek:

*note to self...Coffee before posting...*

Rob562

Question:

I don't think anyone knows outside of those working on the project.

But ever since I heard that they were adding a ceiling to the SM boarding area, I did my own "armchair Imagineering" and made a few guesses on how *I* would do it...

I picture a high ceiling over the boarding area. There's no ride track above that, so they have all the room up to the dome ceiling if they wanted to. Perhaps it would start low just above the ride track, and then angle upward to meet the dome above the TTA track. The TTA would ride through this boarding area that's themed to the inside of a space station. Perhaps there would be more lighting up above so that the people waiting in the queue could actually see the TTA cars more easily, rather than just something moving through the darkness as it is now. Kinda like how you could see the PeopleMover trains going past the Star Speeder in the first room of Star Tours' queue at Disneyland.

Then, the TTA trains would pass out through an opening, out of the space station and into "space" where they would see the glow-in-the-dark trains zooming around the track like they always have.

The TTA has a pretty long stretch of track after the boarding platform. So even if they incorporated the TTA track in the newly-roofed-over SM boarding platform, there's still plenty of time to look into the ride area itself afterward.

-Rob

Space Mountain

As of 7/1/09

Trains haven't been at RTP since the beginning of the closure. I don't expect much of an update at all...

Originally Posted by hardcard
from what I understand, they have been cycling the TTA trains through space mountain for clearance reasons lately..... probably just parking in different spots after, thats all

I haven't heard that, but vehicles have been very randomly placed throughout. If this is true, they are manually moving the trains. The ride system would consistently Fault with the current configuration with little to no maintained bypass mode.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Rob, not a bad guess at all. The TTA may or may not look down onto load still, but load should have plenty to see by looking up.

I`d imagine the cars are moved manually to allow access to the lighting to upgrade it. Afterall, the family of ladders need a solid ground to work on :)

Exprcoofto

Great, TTA opens the day my flight leaves. Maybe I can hop over there really quickly before I miss my flight. Better not get stuck on it... :ROFLOL:

EPCOT Explorer

Rob, not a bad guess at all. The TTA may or may not look down onto load still, but load should have plenty to see by looking up.

I`d imagine the cars are moved manually to allow access to the lighting to upgrade it. Afterall, the family of ladders need a solid ground to work on :)
Heck, team after what we saw in that SSE pic...:lol:

Great, TTA opens the day my flight leaves. Maybe I can hop over there really quickly before I miss my flight. Better not get stuck on it... :ROFLOL:

Good luck! I'm hoping for soft openings, to be honest!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom