TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaCastle

None of that background music is new. It's the same that plays in Tomorrowland (besides "The Monorail Song".)

Personally I'm not a fan of the new spiel. With the old spiel, the illusion of a futuristic city with transportation systems was created. The new spiel destroys that illusion by effectively dumbing down the Tomorrowland "backstory" to tell us that, surprise, surprise, you're in a theme park.

imagineer boy

WOW, I believe this new spiel is truly awful. It took the soul right out of tomorrowland. Now TL 94 is probably leaving but the story the TTA gave the land, in my opinion was perfect. The music, the narration, the backstory, it was terrific. With this it just kills that. No more intergalactic highway, no weather on other planets, nothing. I'm pretty easy going with Disney's decisions and feel as if most are for the best but this is depressing to me. TL was my favorite land not necessarily because of the attractions but the feeling you got when you walked in at night with the lights and you thought you were somewhere else. This new narration really kills the land.

None of that background music is new. It's the same that plays in Tomorrowland (besides "The Monorail Song".)

Personally I'm not a fan of the new spiel. With the old spiel, the illusion of a futuristic city with transportation systems was created. The new spiel destroys that illusion by effectively dumbing down the Tomorrowland "backstory" to tell us that, surprise, surprise, you're in a theme park.

Well said! I think tomorrowland is about 80 percent dead now.

Skyway

Can anyone tell if this is the first use of the NEW Mickey voice? (or is it one of the last recording of the old Mickey?)

Also, remember that just weeks ago when TTA re-opened, many complained that the spiel hadn't been updated. Like it or not, you got your wish!

And to those who hate they got rid of the "classic" TTA spiel---you now know how some of us felt in the pre-Internet days when ORAC was kicked out (And Jack Wagner before that---who, as I recall, gave the most generic guidemap spiel with his "voice of Disney World")

urbanvegan

For a poor quality audio recording like this, it certainly sounds fine to me - nice to have a fresh take on something that had gotten a bit stale.

I never cared for the booming "NOW APPROACHING..." voice, personally.

I just don't understand the vitriol being expelled over something that hasn't even been experienced first hand.

And Imagineer Boy - I personally don't think that the voice sounds "gay", but guess what? There will be gay people "Tomorrow" and there are currently gay people in "Tomorrowland".

The Conundrum

HERE PEOPLE!

Go to 18:45 at this video and see

http://www.vimeo.com/5838048

Note the narrator, the narration, and the music!! This is a restoration of the Peoplemover!!

The Skyway's demolition, the new lamppost, the restored peoplemover, and the refurbished space mountain are part of a bigger plan by Imagineering for WDW's Tomorrowland. It has been 15 years since the debut of "New Tomorrowland" It's time for a change!

imagineer boy

And Imagineer Boy - I personally don't think that the voice sounds "gay", but guess what? There will be gay people "Tomorrow" and there are currently gay people in "Tomorrowland".

Oh now, let's not get a thread that has such wonderful news reported in it get closed. :king:

Maerj

Agreed completely. I think this sums it up perfectly.

I tell ya, this is Zip-a-dee Dooh dah tip for today all over again. :(

This new version is just so blah. Its not terrible really, its just sort of there whereas it used to be fun and memorable. This attraction can be and should be plussed, it can't be that difficult to do, can it? Although, I do like the music here.

LongtimeReader

Just happened to be at MK and ride TTA today, got back and saw all these posts about it. My experience is that it was nice to have crystal clear audio again, references to attractions that are actually still there, and an explanation as to why we are going into a giant cement monstrosity of a construction site (Space), since the complete silence was a bit odd before. The characters are a bit iffy, I'll agree, and I could do without the tour guide feel of it at the expense of the cheesy jokes, but it is certainly great to hear them call it a "PeopleMover" again, and I thought it was nice to have a change from the rather scratchy and blaring voices of before. It definitely felt more like a retro attraction (like the original Peoplemover), which should please the old-timers.

imagineer boy

This new version is just so blah. Its not terrible really, its just sort of there whereas it used to be fun and memorable. This attraction can be and should be plussed, it can't be that difficult to do, can it? Although, I do like the music here.

Agreed. Its just a big advertisement for the rides in the land, nothing more. I think tomorrowland is oficially Todayland now. There's nothing futuristic about the new narration.

Iceviper123

at least tomorrowland hasn't touched the COP unless.... :lookaroun

plecturendering.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom