TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalkingHead

Having heard it now, I like it a lot. Reminds me of DL's old Peoplemover. Of course, no game grids of Tron to laugh at, but still I'd count this as a success.

Also, based on the youtube video, it looks like they might be giving SM more TLC than we initially thought.

On a side note, went to see the Toy Story double-feature tonight. What a great time. Highly recommend you check it out, even if you've seen the movies in the theater before.

CaptainMichael

Old lines like "Paging Mr. Morrow" could easily be added to current areas around Tomorrowland to enhance the environment of the land; especially, if they want to keep with the "theme".

LudwigVonDrake

I don't know if anyone mentioned this because I didn't read all 14 pages but the voice sounds like the guy from the new SSE with the touchscreens.

The Conundrum

never in my life have I seen so much overreacting. People crying? filing complaints? and for what??? That they restored the classic Orac-1 style narration? You people seem to want Disney to stay stuck in a roughly 1994 time bubble where nothing changes. Stitch and Monsters inc. attractions suck i'll be first in line to admit that but refreshing Space Mountain? Bringing back the Peoplemover theme? That is something I can get behind.

Now if they could just replace stitch's great escape with a new version of mission to mars and gut buzz/monsters inc. laugh floor buildings and build a new ride (wall-e?) I would be in heaven.

If you hate what they did to TTA/Peoplemover you will absoluetly hate what they did to Space Mountain just sayin..:lookaroun

JWG

never in my life have I seen so much overreacting. People crying? filing complaints? and for what??? That they restored the classic Orac-1 style narration? You people seem to want Disney to stay stuck in a roughly 1994 time bubble where nothing changes. Stitch and Monsters inc. attractions suck i'll be first in line to admit that but refreshing Space Mountain? Bringing back the Peoplemover theme? That is something I can get behind.

Concur...
It's natural that people seem to fall in love with the first version of attractions they're used to. I love Walter Conkrite SSE, others love Jeremy Irons. I believe Vic Perrin's was there my virst vist, but just don't remember.

I'm excited to hear the new TTA and fondly remember the original Peoplemover.

_Scar

Ugh, it's HORRIBLE. It's like one giant commercial advertisement now. All the cute, fun, silliness is gone. :hurl: :hurl: :mad:

Are we watching the same video? They made the ride more kid friendly and cute by adding actual characters. It's not THAT bad and can be easily fixed if the right people hear our pleadings for the classic announcements back.

aeillill

never in my life have I seen so much overreacting. People crying? filing complaints? and for what??? That they restored the classic Orac-1 style narration? You people seem to want Disney to stay stuck in a roughly 1994 time bubble where nothing changes.

I did start my comment with the fact that I was overreacting, and it is mostly nostalgia since it's one of the earliest rides I remember and have always loved it my whole life. To see it so dumbed down and generic just sort of hurts. It is also my opinion so I think I'm entitled to it. Also I included the fact that I complained because I believe I saw comments earlier in the post along the lines of: people shouldn't just complain on here, they should go and do something about it and I wanted to show that I did.

If you hate what they did to TTA/Peoplemover you will absoluetly hate what they did to Space Mountain just sayin..:lookaroun

I'm glad then that I've never been particularly fond of Space Mountain, in fact the parts I enjoyed the most were the parts I saw through the Peoplemover. Maybe I'll enjoy whatever they end up doing with it.

kungfoosally

i am not judging, i just really love the old stuff like 'paging mr morrow' and all that crap. QUOTE]

Yeah...sure sounds like you love it....:veryconfu

i love crap... crap crap crap.. mmm mmm mmm

ron_burgundy.jpg

wdwfan22

To me the new narration sounds like the same guy that does the ending of Spaceship Earth. Look for the background loop to go next.

Testtrack321

I'll just bring my iPod and listen to the old version of it. Post-themed attraction design or not, the old one was still well done and tried to tie Tomorrowland together in some sort of storied fashion.

gettingsmaller

To me the new narration sounds like the same guy that does the ending of Spaceship Earth. Look for the background loop to go next.

you could be right about that...
Beyond that, the voice is in the same "class" as the guy who tells you that Phineas and Ferb is coming up next. It's "here, let me hold your hand and tell you that it's okay for you to come here and have lots of fun. Look at all the fun things we have to do."
(Funny, I was just re-reading my post and found myself sounding like and picturing Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka... I'm sorry, but Willy Wonka does not fit as my Tomorrowland guide...)

Old TTA transported you to Tomorrowland. This one has a less authoritative voice, character voices that don't belong, and--while some might call them 'gags'--things like "paging Mr. Morrow" were "everyday" sounds that brought the TTA to life. They immersed you in the story.

Now, I am realizing that IMMERSION is the real loss here. The old audio made you feel like you were in the middle of this future world--complete with traffic reports, pages, whatever.. This new audio is too anti-septic AND when the characters break in, they also break the illusion--the immersion in that world. All of a sudden, you're not on this grand rocket tour of a tomorrow land, but on a tiny (the voice just doesn't have depth or heft) tour of some tomorrow-ish attractions.

Wilt Dasney

And Imagineer Boy - I personally don't think that the voice sounds "gay", but guess what? There will be gay people "Tomorrow" and there are currently gay people in "Tomorrowland".
Word. Gay-bashing in a Disney park is like trying to start a KKK rally at a taping of The Cosby Show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom