TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

imagineer boy

And another thing about the name, "Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover" is one heck of a mouth full. The original name was long enough as it was.

If you ask me, they were making a half hearted attempt to appeal to nostalgic WDW fans. Completely unnecessary IMHO.

Expo_Seeker40

If I had to mix both...I would say (and not fast) "Hello Ladies and Gentleman, boys and girls, all of us at the Tomorrowland Transit Authority welcome you aboard the PeopleMover..............Your grand, circle-tour of Tomorrowland will give you a close up look of many of Tomorrowland's exciting attractions. (Which is a lie because hardly anything in TL is exciting these days. :drevil:)

Expo_Seeker40

"Remember how easy it was to shop at a gift shop? Thank Mickey Mouse, he capitalised on it." (Mickey Mouse) "That's right folks! Uh huh!"

Main Street USA

OOOH TAKE THAT NAYSAYERS I TOLD YOU!!!! yea who called it? ME! yaaaaa son

wheres are all the doubters now???

Hillarious that just two minutes ago people were rolling there eyes at me calling me crazy because I said I believed Disney would go back to calling it peoplemover and I even gave reasons why it made better business sense to do so. Fortunatly Disney is thinking along the same lines
You were STILL wrong for judging it ahead of time, genius. The point flew right over your head as usual. :rolleyes:

The Conundrum

You people are insane. This new narration is not a rehash of the "story based 1994" tomorrowland its a return to the 70s/80s WedWay Peoplemover Orca-1 style narration and the kind Disneyland had. I don't want them to say "NOW Approaching Prison center" cartoony prison centers have no business in Tomorrowland. Call it by its attraction name like it used to be. As for charecters im fine with it except that these charecters are pretty lame. At least Disneyland's peoplemover had C-3PO and MCP! If you go back in one of my previous posts in this thread I have a link to the Peoplemover narration I grew up with at Disneyland and this version is based off that version almost identically.

BTW, The new musical score for Peoplemover seems to be a tribute to martin smith's tributes :lol:

I will have to go on it to pass final judgement, but right now i'll give it 8 stars out of 10.

Death to 1994 Tomorrowland! It's time for something new (and nostalgic!).

Next stop: A revised and refreshed Carousel of Progress!

Now is the time now is the best timmmeee now is the best time of your liffeeeee

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
The new TTA spiel is fine. :D I like it!! The music is great! :king:

People need to stop freaking out :dazzle: :lol:

Main Street USA

After watching the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6EnR8fxcs4

I give it an 8 out of 10. (But Expo, you're a Fanboy, how can you?)

The narration, I'm sure can and will be tweaked. They did it to Dame Judi with SSE. They can easily alter the man's voice to make it slower and deep and add in or take out various parts of his script. There were parts of Dame Judi's script that were later added to SSE.

There are only 4 character speils, and only the last two are lengthy with Buzz and Rozz. I really enjoy the female voice for the Space Mountain refurb speil, honestly, I would rather have her narrate the entire TTA speil than the guy who's doing it now.

Yes it's a little ORAC-1....but they can add the TTA arrival jingle each time we reach a destination, just before the man narrates, and they can add in Mr. Johnson's speil as well while passing the speedway along with the female space mountain voice doing the "TTA services all of..." etc

There ride is refered to as both the PeopleMover and Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover, the TTA wishes that you have a great big beautiful tomorrow and the Carousel of Progress gets a very nice description and the model city is once again called Progress City and there is the "Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow" reference.

Other than the brief character speils (ummmm C3PO and Master Computer from Disneyland's PeopleMover anyone?) and some irks with the man's voice, the new speil isn't that bad to me.
Whoever shot that video got one of the horribly bumpy front cars. They aren't all that way. Ugh!

huntzilla

WOW, I believe this new spiel is truly awful. It took the soul right out of tomorrowland. Now TL 94 is probably leaving but the story the TTA gave the land, in my opinion was perfect. The music, the narration, the backstory, it was terrific. With this it just kills that. No more intergalactic highway, no weather on other planets, nothing. I'm pretty easy going with Disney's decisions and feel as if most are for the best but this is depressing to me. TL was my favorite land not necessarily because of the attractions but the feeling you got when you walked in at night with the lights and you thought you were somewhere else. This new narration really kills the land.

WishIwasThere

After having ridden the TTA a couple times last Friday, without much audio at all...its nice there actually is one now.

I like the new one. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom