TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Scar

at least tomorrowland hasn't touched the COP unless.... :lookaroun

plecturendering.jpg

Looks like Stitch Mountain!

I like this change, but I think the fans will have their way by requesting some classic bits like Tom Morrow and Approaching whatever come back. IMO, he sounds like Corbin Bleu, which sucks. The fact that we get some characters in there like Buzz, Mickey, and suprisingly Stitch makes the ride a little more fun IMO.

dxwwf3

Going away from the TTA theme to more of a Wedway Peoplemover narration isn't a terrible choice by any stretch of the imagination, but the execution is what is somewhat lacking. The character drop-ins stick out like a sore thumb and are very short segments anyways. Even though this track isn't as good as the previous one, it does a good job of covering the attractions in the land. It just isn't as memorable or as endearing as the previous track. I guess it could have turned out much, much worse.

And yes there is no denying that this is closer in tone to the ORAC-1 and Disneyland Peoplemover tracks. That is perfectly fine and this new audio fits in with the theme. PERSONALLY, I just don't find it to be as memorable or "good" as previous tracks. They can easily make minor adjustments and I think this will be fine. The first few lines of this is what needs the work. The CoP segment is by far the best written part of the narration. It's not even close.

blm07

I will certainly miss the old narration. My first thought was Living with the Land. I don't think it's bad, it does seem a little overly happy and annoying... but it does kind of remind me of the ORAC narration.

The music is not new, it's the current TL loop. Sometimes you may hear the old new age music from WOL, I'm pretty sure that's part of the Tomorrowland music loop for the Halloween parties.

OMG the female voice in Space Mountain is one of the same voices from the old spiel! Awesome!

dxwwf3

I will certainly miss the old narration. My first thought was Living with the Land. I don't think it's bad, it does seem a little overly happy and annoying... but it does kind of remind me of the ORAC narration.

I think that is pretty much how I feel too. Once the initial shock of losing the original TTA style is gone, I will be able to enjoy this throwback style more. I just feel that they greatly improved upon ORAC-1 when they went to the TTA and this kind of feels like a step back, but it does honor the WEDWAY Peoplemover past too, which is a good thing.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
"we are now traveling past walt disney's carousel of progress, this neglected attraction has been slated for demolition for over 10 years" :lookaroun
Ok, I skipped about... Oooooh, 9 pages, so, this did make me laugh and cry at the same time.

I really hope we haven't lost "Paging Mr Morrow, Mr Tom Morrow."

moreno

I think the new narration is great. Tomorrowland's theme has changed (for better or for worse). Anything new that comes must embrace the changing face of Tomorrowland-or risks worsening the division between old/new. Space Mountain, when it comes back up in a month or so, will also have to deal with this. Despite what we want these attractions to be on their own...they are part of a bigger picture, and that picture has changed with the addition of stitch, monsters, and buzz. You cant remove those 3 attractions realistically anytime soon, but you can adjust the spiel of the TTA and the theme of Space Mountain to address this.

Change is hard to accept. But it must happen and I for one think this is a positive change.

Skyway

Just listened to the YouTube clip.

I don't just like it. I LOVE it!

But keep in mind, I'm Old School. This spiel is such a throwback to the original WDW Tomorrowland (as well as the 1968 TL in California). The things some are complaining about, like the non-robotic voice and the tour guide references are what I loved about the "classic" Peoplemover spiels.

Although not as drastic, it's like some kid 20 years from now complaining about the E-Ticket Mermaid attraction being torn out to put back in a submarine ride based on a 1950's movie.

I hated the TTA computer voice (and reaaaallly? In the future our machines will talk with a monotone choppy voice? Why, when we have clean human recordings now?). Why are they still using traffic helicopters in the age of hovercrafts? (or gas guzzling automobiles for that matter?)

I can see why some liked the "story" that was forced on to the TTA. But remember, when they tried to force a new "story" on POTC, some complained. I never called it the TTA. It was always the Peoplemover, even if it had been "cheapened" to me.

As for the character voices, don't blame the Peoplemover for the attractions it now circles. If you heard "Hi, Im the Timekeeper" or "This is Mr. Johnson in Mission Control" you probably wouldn't have a problem with it.

Captain Hank

I heard the new TTA narration live today. It's certainly more informative than the prior version...I guess. IMO, it lacks a lot of the charm of the most recent version. Both Buzz Lightyear and Roz's voices seem a bit off. I also don't think the audio is synchronized quite right. I was in the third car, and I kept coming into announcements at least a few words late.

aeillill

So maybe this is considered overreacting but when I got off this today I was almost in tears because this new audio is terrible. Yes, I told you I was overreacting.
Today was my last day in the parks and I thought wouldn't it be great to go on the TTA take a few spins and enjoy myself I take my seat put up my feet got ready to have a great time, then I heard the audio. Then I heard that awful chipper audio that was just a huge commercial for Tommorrowland - which is what the TTA audio always was but atleast it used to have little jokes & gags. The chimes, the paging mr. morrow all that fun stuff. I thought maybe it was just a new temporary spiel while they are finishing up Space Mountain and I asked the CM on the unload spot who unfortuanately told me it was the new permanent audio. When I said it was just one long generic commercial boring with none of those great gags he told me that's what Tommorrowland is now a soulless commercial. Which I couldn't deny and is really fitting in with the general theme of Disney - atleast that's what I'm noticing with this trip.

I went to guest services (which my mother said was one of her proudest moments that I was actually going and complaining and not quietly fuming to myself, lol) and the guy there had no clue the audio had changed & told me that there was no change and all the old gags were still there. He actually had to go in the back and talk to someone else to find out that there was any sort of change. He gave me a card with the e'mail for guest services and said it would be best if I e'mailed them with my complaint which I certainly plan on doing about this and some other things that I was really dissatisfied with on this trip.

But hey on the plus side I got to see a special parade today for Buzz Aldrin, some other astronaut, and the Buzz Lightyear that went to the International Space Station, that was sort of cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom