TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirGoofy

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, _Scar, but that's clueless. Disney used to RUN entire parks and attractions without characters. It was perfectly Disney. It was unique. It was original. IT WORKED.

I can only imagine you're talking about Epcot, a park which got a ton of complaints because it opened with no characters.

Not trying to say some of your points are wrong, but to say that a Disney park can work no characters is not true.

I can only imagine you're talking about Epcot, a park which got a ton of complaints because it opened with no characters.

Not trying to say some of your points are wrong, but to say that a Disney park can work no characters is not true.

Thats one of the reasons why i enjoyed Epcot so much, and most of the Disney attractions. A majority even still dont have "disney" cartoon characters

huntzilla

Hey guys, I really think it's a testament to how much we all really loved the TTA with all these posts. We can all agree that it made the experience of Tomorrowland. I know, for me my favorite place in all of WDW is Tomorrowland at night with a ride on the TTA and looking down and seeing those mechanical trees. Well I figure Disney hasn't the mourn for the loss of this narration. Well I went ahead and made a petition. The url is:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SAVETHETTA

Hopefully, with this, all these posts we have, and some emails too, we can make Disney reassess the decision of changing the narration of the TTA. Well, I ask everyone to sign and spread the word please. Let's Save the TTA!

btw if anyone has any recommendations or changes they think I should make, just ask!

PhotoDave219

Okay....

Nice video quality but they need a fluid head for their tripod.

I can see how Stitch's voice would be distracting if _ ___ _____ _ _______. Same with Mickey.

I think it would be fine if they mix the two scripts. Add back in the chimes, like it was the whole "Blue Line" of the TTA. Its not "make or break" for me as TTA is generally a nice, relaxing ride that if i'M lucky is a very private ride....

On the other hand, it does mix in what is what. I liked it with more of a story but if you look at the percentage of people who go to Disney and survey them, they'd probably like the new one. OF course these are the same idiots who gave Stitch positive results. (I panned that when asked by a manager)

PhotoDave219

Hey guys, I really think it's a testament to how much we all really loved the TTA with all these posts. We can all agree that it made the experience of Tomorrowland. I know, for me my favorite place in all of WDW is Tomorrowland at night with a ride on the TTA and looking down and seeing those mechanical trees. Well I figure Disney hasn't the mourn for the loss of this narration. Well I went ahead and made a petition. The url is:

Hopefully, with this, all these posts we have, and some emails too, we can make Disney reassess the decision of changing the narration of the TTA. Well, I ask everyone to sign and spread the word please. Let's Save the TTA!

Yea.... an internet petition will work. :rolleyes:

Write a letter and actually MAIL WDW and it will get results.

SirGoofy

:lol:

I love when people think petitions will work.

EPCOT Explorer

That's partially a fallacy... from the information I have gathered and from the people I have talked to, I can affirm that while there WERE some requests fr characters, they were pushed more forcefully in for MERCH (of all things!) purposes. They were doing fine without the characters from 1982- 86/7.

:rolleyes::lol: Even back then.... Merch and TDO ruled all!

Good luck. Disney is not going to change it. But good luck trying.

EPCOT Explorer

Thats one of the reasons why i enjoyed Epcot so much, and most of the Disney attractions. A majority even still dont have "disney" cartoon characters
Yep...Save for The Seas....:lookaroun:lookaroun:lol:
Okay....

Nice video quality but they need a fluid head for their tripod.

I can see how Stitch's voice would be distracting if _ ___ _____ _ _______. Same with Mickey.

I think it would be fine if they mix the two scripts. Add back in the chimes, like it was the whole "Blue Line" of the TTA. Its not "make or break" for me as TTA is generally a nice, relaxing ride that if i'M lucky is a very private ride....

On the other hand, it does mix in what is what. I liked it with more of a story but if you look at the percentage of people who go to Disney and survey them, they'd probably like the new one. OF course these are the same idiots who gave Stitch positive results. (I panned that when asked by a manager)
Well put.

dxwwf3

I agree, but in this day and age, characters equal "more Disney".

That's the biggest fallacy of the parks in their current state.

Was the robot voice more Disney than actual Disney characters (including Mickey) talking during TTA. :lol: What do you think is more "Disney"? Mr Tom Morrow spiel? You guys gotta face its gone...

The robot voice was a Disney character (in a way). Big Al and the CoP family are EVERY BIT as much Disney as any other movie based character. They are obviously not as well known by the masses, but it doesn't change the fact that they are 100% Disney characters. Replacing a very Disney-like narration with the current TTA narration does not make it more "Disney". It's just using different facets of the company's storytelling. One embodied the wit and humor Disney is so famous for in the parks and the other uses familiar voices to explain the attractions of the land.

huntzilla

I love when people think petitions will work.

You know, obviously it's not like an online petition is any big deal. But it's better then nothing. I can comprehend that Disney is a huge company and has better things to deal with. I know you work for Disney and has seen how petitions fail. What I understand is that the narration now does seem a little unfinished, I know in the blog on allears stated they were listening to opinions, so this is my way of stating an opinion as well as money others do. Tomorrowland is something that is integral to me in WDW and the TTA completes that. I really don't appreciate you speaking down to the effort I'm putting in to support something I enjoy.

EPCOT Explorer

That's the biggest fallacy of the parks in their current state.

The robot voice was a Disney character (in a way). Big Al and the CoP family are EVERY BIT as much Disney as any other movie based character. They are obviously not as well known by the masses, but it doesn't change the fact that they are 100% Disney characters. Replacing a very Disney-like narration with the current TTA narration does not make it more "Disney". It's just using different facets of the company's storytelling. One embodied the wit and humor Disney is so famous for in the parks and the other uses familiar voices to explain the attractions of the land.
Again...Exactly. Even a faceless narration has a role, and is a character.
Just look at the Monorail.

SirGoofy

You know, obviously it's not like an online petition is any big deal. But it's better then nothing. I can comprehend that Disney is a huge company and has better things to deal with. I know you work for Disney and has seen how petitions fail. What I understand is that the narration now does seem a little unfinished, I know in the blog on allears stated they were listening to opinions, so this is my way of stating an opinion as well as money others do. Tomorrowland is something that is integral to me in WDW and the TTA completes that. I really don't appreciate you speaking down to the effort I'm putting in to support something I enjoy.

Not trying to put you down...but you gotta realize when something's not gonna change.:wave:

Just remember the good times you had with the old narration, and enjoy the new one for what it is.

Maerj

Check out the Disneyland Treasures DVD set. Disneyland was amazingly devoid of Disney characters in the early days compared to the Character-palooza we have today.

EPCOT Explorer

That's partially a fallacy... from the information I have gathered and from the people I have talked to, I can affirm that while there WERE some requests fr characters, they were pushed more forcefully in for MERCH (of all things!) purposes. They were doing fine without the characters from 1982- 86/7.

:rolleyes::lol: Even back then.... Merch and TDO ruled all!

Check out the Disneyland Treasures DVD set. Disneyland was amazingly devoid of Disney characters in the early days compared to the Character-palooza we have today.
Yep...
But they were there.:wave:
Look up, I think you missed it..

jakeman

This thread has reached the absurdity level of the changing napkins thread.

It is rapidly closing in on the absurdity level of the chicken strips thread.

Unfortunately, it lacks the humor to become the F&G thread.

A shame really...

SirGoofy

This thread has reached the absurdity level of the changing napkins thread.

It is rapidly closing in on the absurdity level of the chicken strips thread.

Unfortunately, it lacks the humor to become the F&G thread.

A shame really...

Yea, I think I'm signing out of this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom