TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPCOT Explorer

This thread has reached the absurdity level of the changing napkins thread.

It is rapidly closing in on the absurdity level of the chicken strips thread.

Unfortunately, it lacks the humor to become the F&G thread.

A shame really...
I see rational factual discussion....:shrug::ROFLOL:

jakeman

I see rational factual discussion....:shrug::ROFLOL:
I see people speaking in hyperbole about an attraction that I would have to keep as free to get people to ride it in Roller Coaster Tycoon. :lol:

I enjoy the TTA for what it is, a walk-on attraction that lets me sit down for 5 minutes with a nice breeze and an occasional blast of A/C.

The Appliance Direct guy could be hocking dryers at me the whole way and I would be fine.

EPCOT Explorer

I see people speaking in hyperbole about an attraction that I would have to keep as free to get people to ride it in Roller Coaster Tycoon. :lol:

I enjoy the TTA for what it is, a walk-on attraction that lets me sit down for 5 minutes with a nice breeze and an occasional blast of A/C.

The Appliance Direct guy could be hocking dryers at me the whole way and I would be fine.
:lol: :rolleyes::ROFLOL:Mater of personal opinion.

To put it in psychology terms, those who prefer a high level of cognition or a lower one. AKA, your peripheral or central route for information.

Taking it all in is the peripheral route, while watching and noting is central. Just a basic components of your personality....That can be evaluated, assessed, and marketed to. ;)

jakeman

:lol: :rolleyes::ROFLOL:Mater of personal opinion.

To put it in psychology terms, those who prefer a high level of cognition or a lower one. AKA, your peripheral or central route for information.

Taking it all in is the peripheral route, while watching and noting is central. Just a basic components of your personality....That can be evaluated, assessed, and marketed to. ;)
Or you're thinking too much about the overhead announcements on a "B" Ticket...FOR 50 PAGES! ;)

Or you're thinking too much about the overhead announcements on a "B" Ticket...FOR 50 PAGES! ;)

If you actual look at the thread, its also gone on to talk about a possible retheming as well, not just the attraction. I think the discussion of the attraction died out about 30-40 pages ago, with a little mention here and there. And its more of 50 pages of people dispelling there distaste. Maybe it was a B-ticket attraction, but clearly it was in the hearts of many. Much like some can argue the monorail. Or even the transportation bus, its just one of those memories you keep with you.

huntzilla

Maybe, but while you are petitioning things that will more than likely never happen, Michael Jackson for the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize is beating the pants off you guys right now:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/mjnobelpeaceprize/

And so is, somewhat ironically, the petition to keep Marvel from being bought by Disney:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/marvelcomicsincstay/

Honestly, what is the problem with my petition. I'm giving people an option to make their voice heard. I don't see how it's wrong to fight for something you care about. Honestly, there's some extremely pessimitic people on this board but to talk as if your better then me or you smarter because I started a petition, that's ridiculous. If you have such a problem, spite me and make your own :lol:.

Tom Morrow

Don't bother with an online petition. If you're concerned, send your thoughts to wdw.guest.communications@disney.com .

Opinon.

TTA isn't Tomorrowland. Space Mountain is Tomorrowland. Ask anyone the first thing they think of when they hear "Tomorrowland'. They'll say Space Mountain.
TTA and its audio have, by far, the biggest impact on Tomorrowland's theming and Sci-Fi atmosphere. Visually, because everywhere you look, you see TTA moving. Audibly, because the audio can be heard almost everywhere. THIS is why what you guys argue is just a simple narration on a so-called unimportant ride is so important!

Yes, that is like what we used to have... but you're missing my point of how the voice shouldn't matter.

And how is giving a description of the attraction like it was read off a park map a bad thing? I don't get it.

BECAUSE... EVERY DISNEY ATTRACTION... whether it be an E-Ticket or a measilly "B", in this case, is supposed to immerse you in the theming and not be self-aware that it is just a simple ride. Once again, my WDW railroad example.

And the voice SHOULD matter in this case because you can hear it everywhere in Tomorrowland and thus it has a very big impact on the atmosphere.

It's DISNEY. The narration, and all the details in a attraction matter. Disney details.
Exactly.

The only details left out are.... the narration "details"? Do you consider sound to have detail? Mr Tom Morrow?

All the other details are still there.... why is this such a big deal?!

Not details as in how much information it gives you... I don't need a 30 second description of SGE. Details such as making sure your park's lands and attractions have cohesive theming, rather than giving them a bland, generic spiel and voice that could be from anything, anywhere.
How is the new track "more Disney than ever before"? Just because they added short character snippets (that are pretty much useless, IMO) to the track in no way makes the attraction "more Disney" in my eyes. Unfortunately many people think that the best way to make something more Disney is to add pre existing characters to it and I think that is really sad. The TTA track was 100,000% pure Disney. The puns, jokes and backstory theme of that narration were as Disney as it gets.

Again, I'm not in the this new track is absolutely horrible crowd, but I do not equate more characters always equaling "more Disney".
YES! Exactly.

_SCAR, you and others are missing our point entirely.

wolf359

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but I'm not so sure I actually believe the notion Disney didn't use characters in the parks right from the beginning.

Look at Fantasyland; right from day one in 1955 the whole place was one big character-fest. Frontierland? That entire land was cashing in on the Davy Crockett TV show and the general popularity of cowboys in general.

When the Magic Kingdom was built they re-themed the Submarine Voyage to 20K. Was that just a poor attempt to take a perfectly good character-free attraction and shamelessly overlay "Disney characters?" Or is that one exempt because it lasted long enough to gain "nostalgic immunity?"

I think we didn't see more character overlays added in the 70s and early 80s because Disney didn't have any current properties that were successful, not because they didn't want to add any. They thought about doing something with The Black Hole, and even made some half-hearted attempts with Tron, but backed off because both were finantial failures. Had those made more money we'd have a Black Hole simulator instead of Star Tours, and Tron would have had a place in EPCOT by 1983.

Now that Disney is back in a position of having characters that are popular and profitable again, of course they're going to use them in the parks. Thinking they shouldn't is kind of silly, and thinking they "never did" at some point in the distant past isn't entirely true either.

I think the actual truth is that Disney has always had a mixture of attractions that were based off of or tied in with their characters, the company has always used some park(s) attractions to promote their properties, and the recent explosion of character tie-ins has a lot more to do with the huge increase in the popularity of their characters than any real change in the way Disney operates.

jakeman

Honestly, what is the problem with my petition. I'm giving people an option to make their voice heard. I don't see how it's wrong to fight for something you care about. Honestly, there's some extremely pessimitic people on this board but to talk as if your better then me or you smarter because I started a petition, that's ridiculous. If you have such a problem, spite me and make your own :lol:.
Kicked puppy routine aside, there are more effective ways to do things.

Physical letters with stamps are going to be more effective than a petition on a website that also carries a petition to MAKE SAM EAT POO*. So will phone calls and emails detailing exactly how this will affect your trip and more importantly, your spending at WDW.

Unless there is a financial risk for Disney not to change the TTA narration back, they probably don't really care about your petition, or even your phone calls and emails.

If you really want to moblize and make this change happen, then stop complaining and hair splitting in this tiny little corner of the internet and make you voice heard to Disney where they will listen, their pocketbook.

GymLeaderPhil

Audio was way too low on our ride today. It was very hard to distinguish what was being said - especially when the narration accompanied background music.

I loved the female vocal in Space Mountain. I think I would actually enjoy the current one more if they included her instead of the male vocal. Although nothing will be close to the previous version in my opinion. Seems like everyday Disneyland's Tomorrowland is looking better and better than our version.

mickey2008.1

Change happens. It takes time to get used to it, but in ten years when they change the narration again, people will be saying the same thing as today. Its finally all coming together, the lighting, the painting, the narration, its exciting. And as far as the characters, was Disney not created by a simple mouse named mickey? it started with mickey, and has been around ever since, itroducing new characters along the way. If you dont want characters or cool theming, just go t six flags or cedar point.

Change happens. It takes time to get used to it, but in ten years when they change the narration again, people will be saying the same thing as today. Its finally all coming together, the lighting, the painting, the narration, its exciting. And as far as the characters, was Disney not created by a simple mouse named mickey? it started with mickey, and has been around ever since, itroducing new characters along the way. If you dont want characters or cool theming, just go t six flags or cedar point.

Cant wait to see more in the next months this is very exciting:sohappy:

JLW11Hi

If you really want to moblize and make this change happen, then stop complaining and hair splitting in this tiny little corner of the internet and make you voice heard to Disney where they will listen, their pocketbook.

Bribe them?

_Scar

Don't bother with an online petition. If you're concerned, send your thoughts to wdw.guest.communications@disney.com .

TTA and its audio have, by far, the biggest impact on Tomorrowland's theming and Sci-Fi atmosphere. Visually, because everywhere you look, you see TTA moving. Audibly, because the audio can be heard almost everywhere. THIS is why what you guys argue is just a simple narration on a so-called unimportant ride is so important!

BECAUSE... EVERY DISNEY ATTRACTION... whether it be an E-Ticket or a measilly "B", in this case, is supposed to immerse you in the theming and not be self-aware that it is just a simple ride. Once again, my WDW railroad example.

And the voice SHOULD matter in this case because you can hear it everywhere in Tomorrowland and thus it has a very big impact on the atmosphere.

Exactly.

Not details as in how much information it gives you... I don't need a 30 second description of SGE. Details such as making sure your park's lands and attractions have cohesive theming, rather than giving them a bland, generic spiel and voice that could be from anything, anywhere.
YES! Exactly.

_SCAR, you and others are missing our point entirely.

I seriously laughed out loud when you said TTA and its audio has the greatest impact on TLand. It's a guided tour. You go through the show buildings. Nothing changed but the voice telling you where you are. The voice is like the original attraction, and it includes characters to familiarize with for the kids too.
Stop fan boy-flippin out. The descriptions given are short and sweet with a character talking. Seriously? A generic spiel? And the robot monotone pre refurb was extraordnary?

~

"BECAUSE... EVERY DISNEY ATTRACTION... whether it be an E-Ticket or a measilly "B", in this case, is supposed to immerse you in the theming and not be self-aware that it is just a simple ride. Once again, my WDW railroad example."

Then it's a good thing TTA still follows your guidelines! I also think TTA is a C ticket btw.

Tom Morrow

I seriously laughed out loud when you said TTA and its audio has the greatest impact on TLand. It's a guided tour. You go through the show buildings. Nothing changed but the voice telling you where you are. The voice is like the original attraction, and it includes characters to familiarize with for the kids too.

Stop fan boy-flippin out. The descriptions given are short and sweet with a character talking. Seriously? A generic spiel? And the robot monotone pre refurb was extraordnary?
~

I'm sorry you can't grasp basic concepts of theming. Space Mountain may be the biggest crowd draw in Tomorrowland. Does it affect Tomorrowland's ATMOSPHERE? NO, because its a big ugly white cone off in the distance. TTA SURROUNDS Tomorrowland. You see TTA everywhere. You hear it everywhere. Even if you DON'T ride TTA it still is seen and heard by EVERYONE in Tomorrowland. Thus it should be treated as part of Tomorrowland's theming when they create an audio track that you can hear whether you are buying a turkey leg or spinning the big ball or taking a crap in the bathroom.

The monotone, robot voice and chimes fit perfectly with the sci-fi future theme. A generic, sugary voice does not. Theming 101.

Should we remove "Rod Serling" as the narrator on Tower of Terror and replace him with a generic sounding voice too?
Then it's a good thing TTA still follows your guidelines! I also think TTA is a C ticket btw.
Did you even read my comparison? The train's narration does not remove itself from the theme of the park's land and attractions. This spiel does.

And again, the characters are not a big problem for me (though I'm sure it will get annoying hearing Stitch cackle every 15 seconds...)

I'm defending my opinion on this change with many reasons to support why. All you're doing is responding with "wahh you're a fanboy who hates change, get over it!!" so don't tell me how to post.

\/\/\/ I am all for this happening!

kcnole

"Its not. Its just that its usually not very entertaining to listen to for 10 minutes."

I have never once ridden the Peoplemover for the narration so this doesn't really bother me either way. If truth be told I prefer this to the TL 94 spiels which I always thought were silly. However, its not the narration that makes the peoplemover one of my favorite rides its a number of things that make it so. 1. It's always a walk on which is nice, 2. Its a long relaxing ride (around 10 minutes), 3. It has beautiful views of WDW. I've never really said, I just have to ride the peoplemover to hear that narration. If anything I've wished it wasn't there sometimes.

So I think we're making a big deal out of very little here. I know some people had a nostalgic attraction to the 94 narration, but as others have pointed out, some of us have a nostalgic attraction to this spiel which is a throwback to Orca-1.

The robot voice was a Disney character

I get the feeling that this spiel isn't done yet. They've gone to great lengths to have someone attempt to sound exactly like the old Orca-1 robot guide. I hope they'll finish this and add in the announcement that this Orca-1 your tomorrowland guide and also add in the little computer sounds that preceded each comment. If you go look at videos of the ride with Orca-1 you'll see the similarities and see that it wasn't bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom