TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPCOT Explorer

It's a ride meant to relax and take you through TLand. Why does the spiel matter? I'm all for overanalyzing complicated issues and rumors, but this is overboard. Just my opinion. It's fun seeing everyone bicker and me not being involved :D
IMHO, everything in Disney needs a "bigger picture."
Nope. Not at all. At least, I don't think so....:shrug:
I much prefer the "future that never was" theme to any of the others.
Honestly, I even much prefer DL's TL 98 to that old stark white look.
I agree.

However, a modern TL "white" look (like EPCOT) would really be nice. :D

panther726

It's a ride meant to relax and take you through TLand. Why does the spiel matter? I'm all for overanalyzing complicated issues and rumors, but this is overboard. Just my opinion. It's fun seeing everyone bicker and me not being involved :D

Amen! People act like this is a major attraction, it's not. I can't imagine the reaction if they drastically changed a major attraction!

Now that I've listened to the new narration a few times, I honestly have to say I don't mind the new male kvoice. I'll also add that I LOVE the Space Mountain segment of the spiel, that probably being my favorite part of the new narration! (IMHO they should have used that female computer voice throughout the whole ride...is it the same female voice from the previous narration??) I don't even mind the character tie in, my gripe is the lack of futurism. Not sure if that's even a word but you get my point.

I thought for sure that with the awesome amount of theming that went into the new Tomorrowland ads on the now gone Stitch Show mega screen was just a hint of things to come :( As someone else mentioned it sounds like it's still in testing so maybe there's hope.

dxwwf3

XS Tech gave it such a cool backstory much better then say Buy'n'Large could.

That's where you're wrong. Don't you know that the only thing allowed in Disney parks now is something that is based off of a film or character franchise? If it wasn't in a movie, it's no good.

:animwink:

_Scar

There is a people mover theme to Buy n Large in Wall-E.

IF TLand magically turned into Wall-E headquarters overnight, I would be a very happy person.

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
I like:
p023.jpg

and
dl-new-tomorrowland-1998.jpg

and
3024283156_74298008aa.jpg

and
hong_kong_disneyland_tomorrowland.jpg

Not so much:
Tomorrowland.jpg

But that's just me...

_Scar

I may be an outcast, but without MILF and SGE making my eyes bleed, I think our rocks and palm trees make of metal are reaaly cool. Like a TLand Oasis. I think our TLand has great potential in a few years if changes occur to SGE, MILF, and upgrading Speedway cars.

The Conundrum

I like:
p023.jpg

and

and

and

Not so much:
Tomorrowland.jpg

But that's just me...

Thats a very biased pictorial. That picture of TLand that your showing is from shortly after opening while everything was still under construction. Why not show pics from after Space Mountain opened all the way up till 1993.

BTW, TL'98 at Disneyland was so bad that Imagineering has gone out of its way to pretend it ddint exist and have been repainting the land/changing logos/rides in the past 5 years to remove its foul stentch from the area. So I wouldn't go around waving it as a proud example of how a good Tland should look.

Main Street USA

I like:
p023.jpg

and

and

and

Not so much:
Tomorrowland.jpg

But that's just me...
That's a totally unfair comparison. You dug up a pic of the old Tomorrowland when nothing existed! At least make an even comparison, Lee. Granted, the new Tomorrowland in WDW is my fave of those pics.

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
Thats a very biased pictorial. That picture of TLand that your showing is from shortly after opening while everything was still under construction. Why not show pics from after Space Mountain opened all the way up till 1993.
Couldn't find one on short notice here at work. Same thing, though. TL at MK from 1971 to 1993, the white and swimming-pool-blue one, was very blah and boring to me. I really don't want that back.

BTW, TL'98 at Disneyland was so bad that Imagineering has gone out of its way to pretend it ddint exist and have been repainting the land/changing logos/rides in the past 5 years to remove its foul stentch from the area. So I wouldn't go around waving it as a proud example of how a good Tland should look.
Not saying that's how it should look. I'm just saying I liked it. Liked it much better than MK's during the "white years".
Would have liked the full 2055 even better, but that's a moot point....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom