TTA Audio Alterations

huntzilla

It is nice to hear that the Tom Morrow line is back. Is the chime sound back as well? In all honesty, Disney should really bring back the 1994 TTA narration, it is far superior in every way. It Unifies the theme and is classic Disney. If they won't bring back the old narration I think a fair compromise would be to bring back the chimes and "Now Approaching" lines.

Also, is there a video of this updated version with the Tom Morrow line? I'd like to hear it.

Figment1986

It is nice to hear that the Tom Morrow line is back. Is the chime sound back as well? In all honesty, Disney should really bring back the 1994 TTA narration, it is far superior in every way.

While the 94 track was superior in every way, they could not get the right voice to do it again.... the original track mentioned: timekeeper, dreamflight, Alien encounter, and some other details which changed over the years...

huntzilla

Disney should put back the '94 portions that still work like the "Now Approaching" and other various lines. Then they could use the new voice for the other parts, if they insist on using it.

Figment, you stated they couldn't find the right voice. Do you mean they actually tried to find a voice similar to the 94 narrator and reuse the script?

ryno1982

But insn`t that all relative and unique to the individual? For me, I know the ride as the WEDway and I can still hear ORAC-1s shrills. I can still imagine turning the corner into the Horizons space scene, with the orchestra pelting out the theme, or Tomorrows Child being interrupted by Cronkite. Great memories, but ones long gone. The nature of memories I guess.

So very true. But the real question is, will today's fans have memories of Mr Living with the Land inaccurately talking about four families while circling Carousel of Progress? I don't think so.

SeaCastle

How about they fix the entire land? The alien-spaceport theme makes the whole land seem like a hodgepodge of attractions, almost like Six Flags; as far as theming goes it's almost as bad, if not worse, than Adventureland. Move Stitch out and re-purpose the theater. Put Monsters Inc. in the Studios, and expand that show space with dining, restrooms, or maybe even a longer, re-themed Space Ranger Spin. Pluss Space Mountain with some onboard ride audio, and a water feature outside the mountain would be great. Put the Tron ride in. If they really wanted to go to town, they could rip out the Speedway and put some sort of transitional attraction to make the walk from Fantasyland to the stark Tomorrowland easier on the eyes. They could also construct a not-so-cheap-and-out-of-place looking bandstand for live entertainment...something the Magic Kingdom seems to be lacking.

Even better, re-theme the entire land to make it Jules Verne/H.G. Wells inspired like Discoveryland at Disneyland Resort Paris. :D

mightynine

So very true. But the real question is, will today's fans have memories of Mr Living with the Land inaccurately talking about four families while circling Carousel of Progress? I don't think so.

Maybe. But because it's so subjective, maybe not. None of my WDW memories really revolve around "NOW APPROACHING MICKEY'S STAR TRADERS".

Castle Cake Apologist

Well, I guess we have to blame the infallible original Imagineers for that terrible misstep.

Considering the sacred vintage 1975 WEDWAY PeopleMover script also refered to it as four families.

Purists sure need to know what they're die heartedly defending before they defend it. ;)

Jack Wagner said:
We're now moving past the Carousel Of Progress. Where four warm and humorous families welcome you into their homes of yesterday and today, starting way back at the turn of the century. First presented at the New York World's Fair, this famous theater-in-the-round celebrates how progress through electricity has contributed to better living.

Horizonstta

Just rode the attraction. The line is newly recorded and doesn't appear to be the original. In addition, it's not Star Tunnel that's playing. It's mainly a version of the third song in the main queue.

SeaCastle

NO' you really don't want our's to resemble Tomorrowland 98 at Disneyland.

Sorry, I forgot to specify that WDW's wouldn't be half-a$$ed like Disneyland's was. :lol: (Curse you, Paul Pressler. :fork:)

Just rode the attraction. The line is newly recorded and doesn't appear to be the original. In addition, it's not Star Tunnel that's playing. It's mainly a version of the third song in the main queue.

Not sure how I feel about this...I'll have to wait until August before I make an opinion, but anything beats silence.

Next Big Thing

How about they fix the entire land? The alien-spaceport theme makes the whole land seem like a hodgepodge of attractions, almost like Six Flags; as far as theming goes it's almost as bad, if not worse, than Adventureland. Move Stitch out and re-purpose the theater. Put Monsters Inc. in the Studios, and expand that show space with dining, restrooms, or maybe even a longer, re-themed Space Ranger Spin. Pluss Space Mountain with some onboard ride audio, and a water feature outside the mountain would be great. Put the Tron ride in. If they really wanted to go to town, they could rip out the Speedway and put some sort of transitional attraction to make the walk from Fantasyland to the stark Tomorrowland easier on the eyes. They could also construct a not-so-cheap-and-out-of-place looking bandstand for live entertainment...something the Magic Kingdom seems to be lacking.

Even better, re-theme the entire land to make it Jules Verne/H.G. Wells inspired like Discoveryland at Disneyland Resort Paris. :D
To be fair, Tomorrowland has to be the hardest land to theme and keep up with out of all the parks. I think, as you mentioned, DLP had the right idea with not building a TL and instead going with a discoveryland, which is more sci-fi-ish, which is sort of what TL is, esp. if a attraction every spawns from TRON. Tomorrowland was a nice concept, but it's just so hard to keep up with. Really, nothing in TL right now is all that Tomorrow-y. I know it will probably never happen, but I think it would be best if it did.

Tom Morrow

I don't mind if its the third song... in fact that actually may be even more appropriate, and eerie in the darkness. Anything is better than silence.

DiPSU224

Sure, why not? It's something we'll all get used to. I don't remember the pre-'94 version so it doesn't connect with me but yet I have fond memories of what they replaced it with. Why? Not because it was particularly better, but it's what I got used to. That may be a pi$$ poor excuse and we don't ever want to "just get used to" the poor decisions that are made, but unfortunately it's kinda the truth.

huntzilla

Curiouser and curiouser....

May I ask why? Other then having a potential remix to a classic bit of audio. Indication of any sort?

Also Martin, you say that TL 94 is dead. Now Im not asking for details or anything, but is what laid out in plans similar to what we have now (Sci-Fi City) or something completely different (Old White TL or a WallE TL). Also, with these supposed changes coming, why give Space Mountain the Space Port 75 theme? It seems that is very TL 94ish.

Also, I sent an email to Disney voicing my opinion and I recommend any else to do the same. If they're responding to feedback, mind as well let them know how we feel.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
May I ask why? Other then having a potential remix to a classic bit of audio. Indication of any sort?
Oh, I don`t think it is anything hidden. I just find it strange they change the audio which would have been more difficult than just using the 2nd loop again. Unless someone got the wires from DACS crossed. What is strange is the 1st, 2nd and 3rd loops are variations of We`ve Come So Far, written in 1985, and so far as I thought there were no more variations made at that time (aside from the RYCA-1 versions) - so is this a modern take on the zig zag 3rd loop? And why go to so much effort if so?

As for Tomorrowlands tomorrows, the long term future to me looks very white and clean and retro.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom