TTA Audio Alterations

Tigerace81

It doesnt destroy TL. If you believe it does then I dont know what else to say. Its one ride, you can hardly hear the audio from ground level, it doesnt affect SM, Buzz or the other rides. What is destroying TL is Stitch, not audio on a ride.

Castle Cake Apologist

It doesnt destroy TL. If you believe it does then I dont know what else to say. Its one ride, you can hardly hear the audio from ground level, it doesnt affect SM, Buzz or the other rides. What is destroying TL is Stitch, not audio on a ride.

Actually, Stitch fits within the Tomorrowland storyline pretty well... whether you enjoy the attraction or not.

TTA no longer does.

hpyhnt 1000

It is possible to hear the audio on ground level, particularly near Mickey's Star Traders and the SM restrooms. And also, you say that its only one ride and therefore doesnt destroy Tomorrowland, yet in the next breath, you claim that Stitch (which is only one attraction) is singlehandedly destroying TL.

No, the new TTA audio is not the death of Tomorrowland, but it certainly isn't the first aid kit thats working to keep it from dying.

Tigerace81

Apparently it doesnt when He has a ride that hardly has a wait, and a show that failed less then a month into running. TTA however always has people on it and more people are still a fan of the TTA over some blue alien.

But hey at least TTA actually has audio and they brought back some parts of the original. The audio isnt a big deal at all. TL is likely to be receiving the next makeover soon anyway.

Tigerace81

It is possible to hear the audio on ground level, particularly near Mickey's Star Traders and the SM restrooms. And also, you say that its only one ride and therefore doesnt destroy Tomorrowland, yet in the next breath, you claim that Stitch (which is only one attraction) is singlehandedly destroying TL.

No, the new TTA audio is not the death of Tomorrowland, but it certainly isn't the first aid kit thats working to keep it from dying.

And you dont believe Stitch is ruining TL? Dude lol hes got a ride that is a failure. A large stage for a show that was a failure and is now hardly used. You dont classify that as destroying TL?

Castle Cake Apologist

Apparently it doesnt when He has a ride that hardly has a wait, and a show that failed less then a month into running. TTA however always has people on it and more people are still a fan of the TTA over some blue alien.

As opposed to the HUGE waits for TTA? You're joking with these posts, right?

Go learn about how different attractions load guests and then come talk to me about certain attractions having no wait and why that might be.

Stitch and TTA are two of the BIGGEST people eaters on any Disney property at any Disney park anywhere in the world.

And for the last time, Stitch did NOT fail as an attraction. Yes, the online purists hate it. Big deal, they hate most things. Stitch is very popular among day guests and CONSISTENTLY has very high survey ratings.

disnyfan89

Yes!! It destorys a lot like an oil spill in the ocean. Im ready for hunger strike!!

OMG! You're right! How could I have been so stupid. Here I thought the most important thing in the world was the TTA. I've been such a fool! Now that you point out the oil spill it makes me realize how pointless my whole life has been. Thank you! THANK YOU! You have made me see that life is so much more, how could I have been so foolish! Im off to save the whales, feed the hungry, and clean up New York. :rolleyes:

Go troll somewhere else...

TalkingHead

OMG! You're right! How could I have been so stupid. Here I thought the most important thing in the world was the TTA. I've been such a fool! Now that you point out the oil spill it makes me realize how pointless my whole life has been. Thank you! THANK YOU! You have made me see that life is so much more, how could I have been so foolish! Im off to save the whales, feed the hungry, and clean up New York. :rolleyes:

Go troll somewhere else...

Huh?

imagineer boy

Actually, Stitch fits within the Tomorrowland storyline pretty well... whether you enjoy the attraction or not.

TTA no longer does.

Actually, if you think about it Stitch doesn't really fit either. Lilo and Stitch takes place in the present and SGE is a prequal to the movie.

TL is likely to be receiving the next makeover soon anyway.

I hope not! Well, I think the land needs a makeover in terms of its attractions, not the over all look of the land. I love the 94 refurb look, its like a happier Blade Runner. :lol:

Tigerace81

As opposed to the HUGE waits for TTA? You're joking with these posts, right?

Go learn about how different attractions load guests and then come talk to me about certain attractions having no wait and why that might be.

Stitch and TTA are two of the BIGGEST people eaters on any Disney property at any Disney park anywhere in the world.

And for the last time, Stitch did NOT fail as an attraction. Yes, the online purists hate it. Big deal, they hate most things. Stitch is very popular among day guests and CONSISTENTLY has very high survey ratings.

Huge waits? Who said TTA had a huge wait? And yes I know that TTA loads faster and more people ride it than SGE but no one likes the ride. I've hardly seen it have a wait actually. maybe when it opened but over the years since it opened its only sunk in popularity with purists and the everyday guests.

mightynine

Funny how people are getting so worked up about the TTA narration, when the latest version brings it closer to its roots as the Peoplemover.

Also interesting is the generational aspect - I'm sure there were those who grew up with the Peoplemover who hated the TTA, and now there's those who grew up with the TTA hating the move back to a more Peoplemover-like spiel.

Tigerace81

In fact its probably on its way back to the Peoplemover name. Two recent construction permits labeled Peoplemover graphics package was recently approved.

Castle Cake Apologist

Huge waits? Who said TTA had a huge wait? And yes I know that TTA loads faster and more people ride it than SGE but no one likes the ride. I've hardly seen it have a wait actually. maybe when it opened but over the years since it opened its only sunk in popularity with purists and the everyday guests.

I was refering to your seeming definition of "failure" as being an attraction with a small wait time.

And for the record, Stitch has a higher OHRC than TTA.

hpyhnt 1000

And you dont believe Stitch is ruining TL? Dude lol hes got a ride that is a failure. A large stage for a show that was a failure and is now hardly used. You dont classify that as destroying TL?

I do not like Stitch either, but he/it is not solely the reason for the loss of a cohesive Tomorrowland. Its a collective issue at this point. You feel that the new TTA audio is not a problem, but the prescence of Stitch is. I'm saying that its everything that is the problem; Stitch, Monsters, Inc., the new TTA audio, even Buzz Lightyear to a degree. The idea of a futuristic spaceport has slowly been lost; the old TTA narration, which pointed out the sights of TL like it were a spaceport rather than a theme park land, was basically the last vestige that held it together, and now its gone. Thats why its not just a little thing, but something rather significant.

Thrill Seeker

The new TTA narration does lose the cohesive theming for the land. Instead of trying to tie everything together into a consistent theme, it just goes over everything just as a preview of all the attractions in Tomorrowland. I wasn't a huge fan of it at first and am still not, but it does get the job done of helping guests figure out what each attraction is.

Main Street USA

I'm not such a fan of the voice used. It really doesn't sound like it's done by a voiceover performer. I would've much preferred someone with either a deeper voice (like Ed McMann or Charlie Tuna) or the female voice used when traveling through the under-refurbishment Space Mountain.
That female voice was perfect. I found myself wishing the same thing. Hearing her soothing voice on an already soothing attraction would've been some sweet icing on the cake.

tecowdw

I'm not such a fan of the voice used. It really doesn't sound like it's done by a voiceover performer. I would've much preferred someone with either a deeper voice (like Ed McMann or Charlie Tuna) or the female voice used when traveling through the under-refurbishment Space Mountain.

I think it sounds like the same voice that does the Living With The Land ride.

I don't like the new TTA spiel - there's no storyline to it anymore. And that's what Disney attractions are all about - storytelling. It's just advertising Tomorrowland attractions. Not very creative there.
:rolleyes:

WDW-Crazy

Has anyone been able to find the audio of these changes circulating on the net? Sounds nice, especially nice to know that I'll be hearing it on my upcoming Sept trip. I hope they add back some more of the old elements.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom