TTA Audio Alterations

Horizonstta

I wonder if they are confusing the 12 tracks Wilkins scored for the area loop instead. I have nothing indicating any music played in the lobby, other than the pre show video.

blm07

Pretty sure in one of the two pre-show areas.

There are several places that have possibility:
After the SIR preshow, but before the show.
After the show in the exit hallway.
In a gift shop after the exit.

All of those, I personally don't believe they ever played there. What I want to know is on a live recording I could hear some song with a woman singing, and it sounds like it could be in the exit hallway.

OneMansDream

Was it changed back to the voice from pre-refurb TTA? Truthfully I cannot stand the new voice. A lot of good memories making fun of the former mono-tone "now entering..." voice.

i rode TTA on Friday and the "Mr. Tom Morrow" part is there, but it's in a different place (in space Mtn) and a different spiel (no more "party from Saturn" to give a ring).

I have to say that this time i sat in the last car and the sound was good. I think I was able to hear all pieces because I was in the back. I think the last time i rode it we sat in the front and barely heard the new tracks. :shrug:

Horizonstta

Was it changed back to the voice from pre-refurb TTA? Truthfully I cannot stand the new voice. A lot of good memories making fun of the former mono-tone "now entering..." voice.

Well, if you're using a handheld captioning device, the old script is displayed instead of the new one. So although you can't hear it, at least you can read it. :lol:

Jasonflz

There are several places that have possibility:
After the SIR preshow, but before the show.
After the show in the exit hallway.

After the SIR preshow came an alternate version of the Seize the Future theme (I think this can be heard in Martin's tribute).

In the exit hallway the XS march played.

Tom Morrow

Rode TTA again tonight and the Tom Morrow announcement and music were gone. It was silent again. Hopefully just an error...

huntzilla

Yes, as I was trying out the updated ALS system and the unit was also set to captioning. No, I didn't videotape the script, if that's what you're asking.

That's very neat. My reason for asking, even if it is a little ridiculous, I know Disney has those listening devices for people hard of hearing or the translating devices. I was wondering if it has the new narration or the old one like this ALS unit.

Horizonstta

That's very neat. My reason for asking, even if it is a little ridiculous, I know Disney has those listening devices for people hard of hearing or the translating devices. I was wondering if it has the new narration or the old one like this ALS unit.

No, the TTA was never ALS friendly. I haven't listened to the new attraction description for TTA, but the ones I have listened to are nothing to get excited about. I recorded a few, but I doubt I get them all.

huntzilla

It looks like they're making some visual alterations as well.

http://twitpic.com/2b25y2

I assume I'll be in the minority in saying this but this saddens me. I guess now there is no chance of them going back to the old narration at all. I still don't understand, why mess with perfection.

Jasonflz

I assume I'll be in the minority in saying this but this saddens me. I guess now there is no chance of them going back to the old narration at all. I still don't understand, why mess with perfection.

:fork: I understand that they are doing this for the fans, which is a noble cause, but I don't like this one bit.

To be honest, I couldn't stand the original Tomorrowland so I am hoping they are not going to be fully making retro changes.

imagineer boy

Aw come on!

There's nothing wrong with the blue line themeing. :brick::brick::brick:

Seriously, they're wasting money! The TTA doesn't need these alterations. :cry:

huntzilla

Aw come on!

There's nothing wrong with the blue line themeing. :brick::brick::brick:

Seriously, they're wasting money! The TTA doesn't need these alterations. :cry:

I believe were agreeing with one another. Tomorrowland is the most brilliant theme in all of WDW. By destroying the TTA, they're destroying the theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom