TTA Audio Alterations

Horizonsfan

Didn't all-seeing Marni say that retro (1971 not 1920) is on the horizon for TL? If so, then this seems to be following that. It's minor enough that I'm not too bothered one way or the other. The narration though could use some editing.

huntzilla

Didn't all-seeing Marni say that retro (1971 not 1920) is on the horizon for TL? If so, then this seems to be following that. It's minor enough that I'm not too bothered one way or the other. The narration though could use some editing.

But why would anyone want that? Tomorrowland is so colorful right now and it looks great. Going to all white would be very boring compared to what we have now.

HMF

But why would anyone want that? Tomorrowland is so colorful right now and it looks great. Going to all white would be very boring compared to what we have now.
sure 'simply calling it the Peoplemover again means we are going back to the 71 style. In fairness I would take the 1971 TL over today's Tomorrowland but I would rather have the Tomorrowland I saw in 1999.

MarkTwain

Aw come on!

There's nothing wrong with the blue line themeing. :brick::brick::brick:

Seriously, they're wasting money! The TTA doesn't need these alterations. :cry:

I believe were agreeing with one another. Tomorrowland is the most brilliant theme in all of WDW. By destroying the TTA, they're destroying the theme.

I don't think the new name/sign destroys the theming. :shrug:

The Tomorrowland Transit Authority and Blue Line was/is themed to the main public transportation for the fictional city that TL 94 was set in. And a PeopleMover could very well be that line of public transportation. Not to mention that technically, "TTA" is still in the new name... it's just in smaller print.

I like the new name, and that Imagineering is acknowleding what most of the guests still call it. :)

Now the new script, on the other hand... could very well be destroying the theming, but that's a different topic.

wolf359

It's sometimes sad to me that so much discussion that takes place here is lamenting how the present state of Walt Disney World will never be as good as the "good old days" but it's absolutely mind-boggling that even when Disney makes a move like this, paying tribute to the early days of Tomorrowland, and it still isn't good enough.

Personally, I'm glad to see the Peoplemover return to the original name, and hearing a new take on the old narration. I hope this is the first of many changes to ease out the old and hopefully bring the return of the cleaner, brighter, and whiter Tomorrowland '75.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It wouldn`t be all white. More a retro future. If these long term plans ever happen.

Tomorrowland 94 is dead. Get over it. It was great until they trashed it.

DisneyMusician2

Change is welcome! I just hope they give it a whole new look.

And I still don't get the whole issue with the new narration, but that's just me.

_Scar

Am I in the minority when I say I LOVE TLand's colors and architecture? I think it's MK's second/third best land.

COProgressFan

Am I in the minority when I say I LOVE TLand's colors and architecture? I think it's MK's second/third best land.

No, I really like the overall look also. But it is just in deplorable physical shape. Ever see all the crud dripping down from the TTA tracks that never gets cleaned? Or the grime and rust? When maintenance gets deferred in Frontierland or Adventureland it can fit the theme, but in Tomorrowland you just see rusty metal and dirt. And a bunch of burnt out bulbs.

By its very nature, Tomorrowland doesn't keep up well when not maintained.

Jasonflz

:sohappy: I fully agree. Honestly, and I hate to say this, the original TL looks SO outdated and ugly. The newer look is amazing, and you can see that guest reaction is positive by looking at how many normal guests praise the look with various Photo sites, videos, etc.

It wouldn`t be all white. More a retro future. If these long term plans ever happen.

Along the lines of Tokyo's look? I still think that trying to downgrade the busy Metropolis look and feel of our TL is a bad idea.

Also wouldn't it be better, if we are getting a refurb, to go more in the direction of a Steampunk/Victorian look like Discoveryland?

wolf359

I think a return to a design along the lines of Disneyland's 1967 and Magic Kingdom's 1975 Tomorrowlands would be much more successful than trying yet another iteration of the Victorian/Steampunk Tomorrowland. For me clean lines and stark architecture are more futuristic and would make better use of the existing infrastructure.

Disneyland proved you just shouldn't paint Space Mountain anything other than (off) white, and for me the "success" of MK's 1995 rehab has always been strongly undermined by the fact the faux-Buck Rogers/volcanic rock makeover abruptly stops halfway through Tomorrowland instead of visually tying together all of the buildings and attractions.

So I'm convinced that if the monochromatic simplicity returns we'd finally have a much more unified and visually cohesive Tomorrowland.

imagineer boy

Aside from destorying Tomorrowland's themeing, my main issue with this is that its totally unnecessary. The TTA was perfectly fine the way it was, and they had to make these changes when that money could easily be used elsewhere. It makes no sense to me. :shrug:

And I honestly DO NOT want to see TL return to the 70s white look. I love the steam punk look and there's so much more potential for it.

MiklCraw4d

Peoplemover sign = awesome.

It could only be cooler if they'd worked in WEDway, but it's still great. I can't believe anyone would be grousing about this. Of course, I also like the narration as a nod to the calmer, pre-ORAC days, but I can at least understand why people liked the more in-your-face (or ears) 1994 version. I don't get why anyone would be upset about a Peoplemover shout-out.

huntzilla

I understand that TL 94, I think it would just be better to update what is already there then to scrap it and start over. It would be much easier to reincorporate the current facades into a Sci-Fi City/Buck Rogers look.

MarkTwain

No, I agree completely. Unlike when Disneyland attempted to retrofit a retro-future into their Tomorrowland, Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland was pretty successful from the beginning in capturing the feel of a retro city and creating a new (mostly) cohesive look out of a land that already existed. I hope they keep it, and just improve the attractions.

...Which is a shame, because the very reason Disney created this retro-future Tomorrowland in the first place was because it would be easier to maintain, and would require less updates. And yet Disney still can't keep it in theme.

I guess that just goes to show that Disney has trouble keeping to a theme, no matter what the theme is.

Captain Neo

Why not just call it the Peoplemover? Most people from the west coast refer to it as Peoplemover anyway because of the iconic Disneyland attraction that the TTA (aka Wedway Peoplemover) was based on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom