TTA Audio Alterations

wolf359

house-ohsnap.gif

ChrisFL

Premium Member
"The Peoplemover" was a lame name in 1971 and is an even lamer name now.

Yeah, I went there.

Why, it's the most descriptive name possible :p

Actually, I don't know if Walt liked the name much either, but it stuck...can't remember exactly the story behind it.

Martin has a great history on it in DL though (as usual)

djkidkaz

Im just happy they removed the black walls as you pass by Space Mountain. You can now see into the attraction again.

MCC1

I will always call it the people mover...even if my wife looks at me like I have 2 heads when I say it...but I say extend it so it so it goes through the whole park...I love that thing for taking a load off...

aladdin2007

Funny how management gets the sentiment regarding the peoplemover title since its been added on to Tomorrowland TransitAuthority as announced today, yet they were stupid to change the narration so many loved and associated with down to a boring dumb infomercial. Its like two different teams are running the place with no cohesion sometimes.

thelookingglass

The "Tomorrowland Transit Authority" is a difficult name to remember. WEDWay Peoplemover was much simpler, and myself and lots of others still call it the Peoplemover.
What does it matter? People will mess up and confuse the name of an attraction, no matter how complex or simple it is.

For example, "Rock 'n' Roller Coaster" is too hard to remember apparently, so people dumb it down to "Aerosmith".

Jasonflz

:brick: PeopleMover is really tacky sounding, I'm not gonna lie. TTA isn't hard to remember if you just say it as TTA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom